Modern Family

Caught in the Act

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 19, 2011 on ABC

6.9
  • The Dunphy kids catch their parents in bed, Gloria accidentally sends an embarrassing e-mail to Claire and Cam and Mitch try to make a new friend

I've been a bit disappointed with Modern Family lately, and I'm really glad this episode came around to renew my faith. While I'm still not sure if these new episodes are as good or entertaining as the first season, they at least took the best elements of the show and tried to blend them. I always enjoy the show more when they try to mix the families together. For instance, here, we get a plot about the Dunphy kids accidentally catching their parents in bed.. you know.. doing it, and another separate plot involving Gloria accidentally selling a vicious and insulting e-mail to Claire. It doesn't seem like these plots would blend well, but they actually do.
    I think one great thing about this season is the usage of the children. It's rare to find a show that can have one, let alone three, great child actors. Everyone here does a good job without going over the top, and instead, we get a realistic portrayal of the way children would respond to seeing their parents doing something like that.

As for Cam and Mitch's plot, once again, we get a plot with no connection to the rest of the family except for a random reference.. it's disappointing to see the families not interacting more often and I truly hope we get more of that soon. However, I did like Rachel Harris in the episode as the crazy mom who bounces back and forth between calm and crazy. Also, the sketch where Cam can't remember what celebrity had that specific rug was hilarious.

A much better episode of Modern Family than last week.. but I'm still waiting for that "Wow!" episode.. the season started off with four or five episodes that were incredible and the quality has sort of gone away. But this is a good start to get back on track.
FOX