A Modern Family Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABC
In "Suddenly, Last Summer", Phil and Claire try to organize a kid-free week, Manny goes on his first solo trip to Colombia, and Mitchell and Cam both attempt to propose to the other.

In "First Days", Phil and Gloria both drop of Luke and Manny respectively for their first day of high school, Claire goes back to work, Cam substitutes for AP History, which he barely knows anything about, and Mitchell tries to juggle Lily's first day of 1st grade and an important meeting.

When Phil and Claire both tried to get the other to be away for a few days in the week, it was very funny. Also, baby Jo's throwing up was very funny. I also really enjoyed the proposal attempts.

In the second half-hour, Phil and Gloria in the commercial was hilarious, Cam's costume was very good, and Haley and Charlie flirting was hilarious!

I felt that the whole Columbia thing in episode 1 was a little bit too far drawn out, and I didn't like the Claire/Jay storyline very much in episode 2.

QUOTES I LIKED FROM "SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER"

Jay:
...then Colombia comes to me. It's happened before.

Phil: Sometimes I don't know if I fear how much I love Claire, or love how much I fear her.

Claire: So, are we going to hear gay wedding bells ringing soon?
Mitchell: Well, they're just wedding bells.

Gloria: Watch out for Malaria.
Manny: How do I watch out for that?

Cam: Mitchell would take one look and...
Mitchell: ...sob like a Tony winner.

Phil: There's no way I'm not crying at this wedding.
Claire: Phil, you cried on the way here.

QUOTES I LIKED FROM "FIRST DAYS"

Cam:
Yes, this is him--he--me.
Mitchell: Right with the first one.

Lily: I've been ready for an hour! It's the first day, I don't want to get left behind!
Mitchell: Sometimes I forget to factor in the Asian.

Lily: (answering the phone) Hello, Daddy's office. (pause) You sound like a little girl!

Cam: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!
Football Player: Wrong president.
Cam: Just keep pushing!

OVERALL RATING FOR "SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER": 9/10

OVERALL RATING FOR "FIRST DAYS": 8/10

OVERALL RATING FOR THE ENTIRE HOUR: 8.5/10

What did you think of "Suddenly, Last Summer" and "First Days"?
9 Comments
Follow this Show
Members