A Modern Family Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 21, 2016)

A CROSSOVER IN NAME ONLY IS STILL A CROSSOVER, RIGHT?

Chris Hemsworth's god-like arms will grace movie theater screens everywhere on November 8 when Thor: The Dark World premieres. And because Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. exists in the same timeline as the events of the Marvel films, the series will have to deal with the fallout of the film's events. Thus, on November 19, you can expect to see those events dealt with (i.e. probably mentioned or worked in like Extremis a la Ironman 3) in the episode "The Well." Here's the official synopsis: 

“In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”

[EW]

BUSINESS TIME

... Ravenswood will air its mid-season finale on November 19, only five episodes into its first season. It will then return alongside Pretty Little Liars on January 7. Now, I'm not a marketing expert or business scholar, but I am a TV watcher and I can tell you one thing: This is not how you launch a TV show. Debuting the spooky spin-off after PLL's annual Halloween special was a good idea, but to then turn around and yank it from the schedule for a month and a half so it can air as companion to the original series? As if. Apparently the network doesn't even care about trying to snag non-PLL viewers. Good luck keeping people interested, bozos. [ABC Family via press release]

... ABC Family also announced today that freshman drama Twisted will return with new episodes on Tuesday, February 11 at 9pm, once Ravenswood concludes. [ABC Family via press release]

... Lifetime has canceled The Client List after two seasons (and some behind-the-scenes disagreements about who'd play JLoHew's character's baby daddy). To be fair, I'm sure there were people who watched it, like people who couldn't physically move away from the television, people who lost their remotes and were too lazy to get up, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and someone locked in the basement of a serial killer's house. But the rest of the world: Will anyone else miss it? Did anyone else even realize it hadn't yet been canceled? [TV Line]

... What do Steven Tyler, Chef Nobu, Tara Lipinski, Carol Alt, Anne V, Farouk Shami, Italo Fontana, and Philip Kirkorov have in common? They're all going to be judges at the 2013 Miss Universe Competition in Moscow. The competition will air Saturday, November 9 on NBC at 9pm. [NBC via press release]

... Good news for everyone who's not burnt out on Sacha Baron Cohen (I'm not certain, but I think you're an endangered species?): FX Productions has closed a deal with the actor for Ali G: Rezurection, which is basically every episode of Da Ali G Show with new introductions from the actor, as well as episodes of Da Ali G Show that never aired on American television. Rezurection debuts in February 2014 on FXX. [FX via press release]

... The Talk will host a The Love Boat reunion, I have no idea why. Cast members Gavin MacLeod (Captain Merrill Stubing), Bernie Kopell (Dr. Adam “Doc” Bricker), Ted Lange (Isaac Washington), Fred Grandy (Burl “Gopher” Smith), Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy) and Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing) will all drop by the daytime chat show on November 5. [CBS via press release]

... If you're looking for some depressing but probably very poignant weekend viewing, you can now watch the full first episode of Showtime's docu-series Time of Death, which premieres tonight, on YouTube. [Showtime via press release] 

CASTING NEWS

... Shane West has landed his first post-Nikita gig even though the final season won't premiere until November 22. West will star in WGN America's series Salem. Before you get too excited, this is NOT that Salem the Cat series I've been dying for since 1998 (and that's probably a good thing, because Melissa Joan Hart would probably show up a decade from now to talk about how much she hated it). The 13-episode drama is set in 17th-century Massachusetts and explores the dark truth behind the Salem Witch Trials. Also who cares if it's any good, because SHANE WEST IN PERIOD CLOTHING. [THR]

... Dayton Callie, who plays Wayne Unser on Sons of Anarchy, has booked a guest-starring role on Law and Order: SVU. Obviously he did it. Whatever it is, he did it. That's how L&O works. He's guilty. 100 percent. In this case, Callie is a New Jersey judge who's under suspicion in a sex-trafficking case. Ack! Say it ain't so, Uncle Touchy! [TV Line]

... Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break) has joined Fox's midseason drama Gang Related. He'll play Mariano, a "quiet, ruthless, terrifying sociopath" who's also the leader of a cartel. You know, as opposed to your typical kitten-loving, rainbow-hugging, unicorn-whisperer-ing cartel leader. [TV Line]

... Law and Order: SVU is crossing over to Dick Wolf's new series Chicago P.D. Fin (Ice-T) and Rollins (Kelli Giddish) will visit the new series in February, after a serial killer is thought to have moved from New York to Chicago. [TV Guide]

... This one baffles me a bit: Vinnie Jones has joined the cast of ABC's new fairy-tale musical pilot Galavant, about Prince Galavant and his quest for revenge against the king who stole his one true love. Is there another Vinnie Jones I don't know about? Oh no, wait, just kidding. I didn't scroll down far enough: Jones will play Gareth, King Galahad’s "badass, scary Scottish henchman." This makes more sense now (well, not the Scottish part, but whatever! Who cares about accents, right Reign?) [Deadline]

... NBC has finished casting its wackadoodle production of The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer. Joining them for the live spectacle will be Broadway stars Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle, as well as a bunch of young actors you've probably never heard of: Ariane Rinehart (Liesl), Michael Nigro (Fredrich), Ella Watts-Gorman (Louisa), Joe West (Kurt), Sophia Caruso (Brigitta), Grace Rundhaug (Marta) and Peyton Ella as young Gretl. The special is scheduled to air December 5. [NBC via press release]

... Modern Family is hiring some people for cameo roles, I guess (I really hate this show, sorrynotsorry). Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Jane Krakowski (30 Rock), and John Benjamin Hickey (The Good Wife) will all appear in the upcoming episode "Under Pressure." Eisenberg will play Asher, an eco-nut neighbor of Mitchell's; Krakowski will play Dr. Donna, "a mean-spirited mother of a classmate of Manny" who gets into it with Gloria; and Hickey will play a therapist. [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/18/2016

Season 7 : Episode 22

86 Comments
Comments (86)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
woo Sucre!
Flag
hi it,s me david , i just do,nt know if any one is missing me lately on line internet at all , i love to see next , is civil war story next in shield episode ,
Flag
Love Modern Family, and happy to see Jane Krakowski coming in for an episode cameo!
Flag
I can't stand Modern Family either....
Flag
I really hope SHIELD won't have spoilers for the movie......
Flag
Twisted is good! Just a shame it takes forever before it returns. Same as PLL and Ravenswood. I hate those looooong breaks while they are still IN season...
Flag
Aww, Twisted is a good show, I was hoping it would be back sooner. Haven't watched the Ravenswood pilot yet, but PLL's Halloween ep just made me annoyed and in no hurry to watch it.
Flag
So I guess if I want to watch that week's episode of SHIELD I have to make time to see Thor 2? Not that I wasn't planning to at some point, but the deadline is a little stressful...
Flag
So if you want to follow what's happening in SHIELD you have to see go see Thor in the theaters.

I get the feeling that CBS is releasing a DVD of The Love Boat, which would explain the reunion. (The Talk is a CBS show.) Only seasons 1&2 are currently out through CBS DVD. (Although I would have though ABC would have released it.)

Flag
Plzzz this sounds desperate. They are losing viewers every week. I doubt this will slow the slide if the writers dont shape up instead of looking for gimmicks.
Flag
I feel like if they had SHIELD too much in the second Thor movie, it would water down their presence in the first movie significantly which was such a good showing. But then again, not taking advantage of SHIELD the series would be foolish. Hopefully this gets handled better than you expect, Kaitlin.

Really, a show about tugjobs wasn't a huge hit and is finally gone? Color me shocked, really, no really, no... really. No. REALLY. Ok, not really.

I would watch a real Love Boat reunion, that show was fun and that was such a great cast, but I just can't bring myself to suffer through The Hen Show. Should I come aboard? They're not expecting me.

Well, guess I won't be enjoying the second half of an SVU mystery, because I just cannot bring myself to care about Chicago PD.

Seriously NBC, why do you hate money so much that you'd throw it away on that Sound of Music live disaster that even if it goes off perfectly is still going to be watched by nobody? Hitting 0.3 in the key demo would be a miracle for this turkey. Are a few of your favorite things pissing away sponsor's ad revenues, burning hours of live air, and badly failing to supplant the Julie Andrews version while getting lambasted by critics for even attempting this?

Modern Family, a show that doesn't need cameos, so I don't really care. It's like "oh, I get to carpool in a luxury sedan every day to work, and now I also get a free cup of Yum Yum Donuts' coffee too?"
More+
Flag
Spoilerish (not major): Dont worry Shield makes no appearance in Thor 2, they are only mentioned briefly
Flag
I liked The Client List, it was trashy fun. Also, JLoveHew has a likability factor.
Flag
"You know, as opposed to your typical kitten-loving, rainbow-hugging, unicorn-whisperer-ing cartel leader." Miss Thomas, could you please sell this idea to a network? It may be one of the most original ideas I've read in a while. Of course, it may be best as a half hour comedy, but whatever, go with it. Honestly, with what is airing now, what do we all have to lose? I could see this on the Disney channel, except for, maybe, the drug aspect of it.

I've not watched WGN since syndicated shows like Hercules and Earth: Final Conflict ended and Harry Carey covered the Cubs.

Flag
So, like comic books, they're basically making you go see something else to truly enjoy the one thing you're already watching. Good move, Marvel. Good move.
Flag
The 'crossover' is going to be a one-liner in the script
"We don't want a repeat of what happened in London"
or something similiar, if you've seen Dark World you'll know they mean if you haven't it's a throw away line.
Flag
They aren't gonna make it to where you can't follow one thing without the other. They know that it'll be great $$$-wise 'cause the comic fandom will continue to blindly consume everything they make simply because it's Marvel, but they also know the bigger, smarter money is on not alienating a broader viewership that will never have an interest in keeping up with every little outside thing.

They may be greedy, but they ain't fools.

Flag
I'm surprised they have Carrie Underwood for the part of Maria. I mean I don't mind Carrie Underwood in fact some of her songs are quite good, I just don't know if she would be the right fit.... Hey, I might be surprised though.
Flag
She's the right fit in that she said yes within the timeframe alloted for this soon-to-be-an-industry-punchline showing.
Flag
I'll have to take your word for it ;) It sure will be an interesting hour of television!
Flag
Even that is an optimistic view. ;-)
Flag
I'm watching the show but just disappointed with what it is. I was expecting a SHIELD secret agent show going up against HYDRA or something. Basically what captain america winter soldier looks like minus captain america
Flag
... and an extra half-thumb for the Venture Industries logo. (It's called "being right... with flair!")
Flag
I was going to wait until December to watch Thor. Dang, I guess I will have to watch it when it comes out.
Flag
Shane West in period clothing? Count me in! And also, the show itself sounds interesting. Wonder if they'll touch on Mary Towne...Recently found out that she's my 9th great grandmother so I'm all about learning about the Salem witch trials now.
Flag
well that's somewhat disappointing actually. I won't be able to see it until later than that, so i hope i'll know what's going on
Flag
eww @ any and everything S.H.I.E.LD. also the whole tie in thing in practice now makes no sense. so you'll have to have seen the movie in theaters or be spoiled or uninformed for the TV show tie in portion? not that it matters because the show sucks but I don't see movies in theaters.

I'll miss the client list. I never watched it but I am familiar with all of jennifer love hewitt's boobs on parade and hands under the towel scenes from the show.

I didn't know ali g ever aired on american TV. the eps and movie were widely available through bittorrent though. is baron cohen had done the freddy mercury biopic he could have seriously redeemed himself in my eyes but without that yeah he's grown pretty tired. man was I disappointed sitting through "the dictator" having thought it was another ali g / borat style movie when in fact it wasn't.

I like shane west (i've sat through at least two of his starred-in low budget films) but not sure what the deal with this salem show is.

only a couple of people on prison break could act their way out of a cardboard box and I don't know that Amaury Nolasco was one of them. saying he'll be playing a "quiet, ruthless, terrifying sociopath" might be overselling it just a bit.

modern family is more deserving of it's emmy hogging than the big bang theory at least. it does cater to a more intellectual crowd after all. you know, people who can choose when to laugh all on their own. effing laugh tracks.
More+
Flag
A bit harsh no? I mean S.H.I.E.L.D is actually pretty good and just because The Big Bang Theory uses laugh tracks does not mean that it is aiming for a less intellectual crowd. The Big Bang Theory can make me laugh out loud sometimes, just as well as Modern Family.
Flag
S.H.I.E.L.D. has sullied the relative greatness of the MCU IMO.

I used to think the big bang theory was brilliant when they'd include legitimate scientifically accurate jokes and the like but that hasn't been for some time. now it's nothing but sex and the laugh track detracts even further.
Flag
Lots of shows dealing with witches lately. Best one out there is AHS: Coven.
Flag
I won't miss The Client List, but I realy hope I can watch Jennifer Love-Hewitt soon in another show.
Flag
yea she is indeed great!
Flag
Yes, she expresses to much acting !
Flag
She was great in Ghost whisperer!
Flag
She made me cry a couple of times there !
Flag
Apparently ABC Family is trying to get Ravenswood cancelled.
Flag
I don't think ABCfamily is doing it on purpose, they are simply clueless ... and greedy pigs if you ask me!
Flag
Amaury Nolasco probably the only actor who's been in so many shows after Prison Break

while Wentworth Miller is nowhere to be found .. its like he gave up on TV dramas after the last show . or no one likes him to be in any new show

Come On man get your act together , find something !
Flag
He was in one of the resident evil films and he's going to be in the new one!
Flag
I'm not surprised about the crossover, they mentioned SHIELD a few times in the movie.
Flag
OMG!!!
Since when did my favorite comic actress Melissa Joan Hart? Ever hated the robotic cat built played out Salem the Cat on Sabrina the Teenage Witch... Even when they've Sabrina & Salem played out mostly during the show run appearances together...

Are people putting worlds into Melissa Joan Hart's head or mouth saying just a thing? Just because you a fan don't like the robotic cat built yourselves played out Salem on the show...

And why would Melissa Joan Hart show up and hate there is a show based on Salem the Cat? When It has nothing to do with Sabrina's storyline as an half witch during high school or college... And it's about Salem story many years before Sabrina was even born learn she's a witch at 16 years old... And also this Salem series has no connection to the sitcom series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch or Salem the Cat on the show...

Did we ever hear or see Michael J. Fox hated the idea of Mtv adapting Teen Wolf series is based on his film? That's right! We didn't hear from him hating the idea there is Teen Wolf series based off his film...

There is really big difference between Reboot/Remake of Tv Series and Adapting based off Comic Books or Book Novels into Tv Series...

Salem Witch Trials must be similar like to that film Oz The Great and Powerful... Actually is set back years before the female leads of Sabrina & Dorothy into the present day.

More+
Flag
So if I don't see Thor in its opening weekend, in a packed theater with crying babies, the next AoS episode will completely spoil it for me?
Flag
Yeah, it looks like the episode where they will reference events from the film is not the Tuesday following the movie's release, but the Tuesday after that. So you'll have 2 weekends to see it.
Flag
Basically, except it's 3 episodes from now. I think I might take a long lunch one of these days.
Flag
DVR the show?..
Flag
Not really, imagine you haven't seen any of the avengers films.
How much did the show spoil for you?
All they mention is "Battle for New York" and a couple of formulas.

Mentioning the extermities is hardly a spoiler for Ironman 3
Flag
I'm one of the people who are meh about AoS. However I think this episode has the potential to be the best yet. Especially if Whedon is directly involved in it. Meanwhile it should be noted that Ravenswood had a horrid drop episode 2 from the pilot so ABCF is trying to save its ass from cancellation (I have a feeling it's either going to be them or Twisted and it'll only be one survivor after they finish their runs). Sucks because I don't watch PLL but do enjoy Ravenswood, but I won't get attached to ABCF shows either since ABC runs them too -__-
Flag
Thank god the Client List finally sank. That showed pissed me off so much. Lifetime started to replace Army Wives ads with ads for Client List as they over promoted the crap out of that show, and all it did was just make me hate it more and more.
Flag
Thor! Ali G! Ali G!!!!! Thor!!!
Flag
I want Shane West playing a sassy cat!
Flag
I want them not to cancel Nikita.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
So now I HAVE to go see Thor? That's genius strategizing on their part, but, well, Thor wasn't on my "have to see" list. I guess I have to see it now.
Flag
I don't think you have to see it - they will likely recap anything they need to in the episode itself. They used Extremis from Ironman 3, but if you didn't see Ironman 3, it's not like you couldn't understand what was going on.
Flag
Good point. Still, I like to have the full story of everything. That's just me. So I'll be going to see it now.
Flag
:) Shane west. On other maters Chris Hemsworth :) hope they do it well.
Flag
was 'maters' and 'chris hemsworth' subconscious?
Flag
No I know that west will be fine in his new role I meant I hope SHEILD does the cross over well
Flag
I wish they wouldn't try and do crossovers, I don't go to the theaters often, I'd rather just use that money toward a Blu-ray or something, so spoiling stuff could probably backfire.

I personally can't stand PLL, so putting Ravenswood with it will not make me more interested.. it's kind of boring anyway.

I watched The Client List for JLH but I hadn't even thought about it again until it was just mentioned.

article mentions Shane West in a new series but totally skips the biggest news, I'd think, that WGN America is going to start doing original programming.
Flag
Dude, what kind of magic do I have to perform to get a Salem Saberhagen show??? La-hov him!
Flag
That's great news about the SHIELD/Thor crossover. I was already super stoked about Thor and SHIELD has been pretty good. I hope the crossover is as awesome as it sounds.
Flag
I like that they aren't splitting the timelines. Or trying to "ignore" the events of the movies as Coulson appears in the movies, and it would be strange for them not to be mentioned later on. Joss is a wise man, and I think he'll find a way to address the events of Thor 2 without spoiling it too much for those that have not seen it.
I myself, don't mind spoilers. I always read them and go.. "I can't wait to see that in action!" But that's me. :)
Flag
I love spoilers too. Especially spoilers concerning the Marvel movies... lol
Flag
Follow this Show
Members