A Modern Family Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABC (Returning Wednesday, September 24th, 2014)

A CROSSOVER IN NAME ONLY IS STILL A CROSSOVER, RIGHT?

Chris Hemsworth's god-like arms will grace movie theater screens everywhere on November 8 when Thor: The Dark World premieres. And because Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. exists in the same timeline as the events of the Marvel films, the series will have to deal with the fallout of the film's events. Thus, on November 19, you can expect to see those events dealt with (i.e. probably mentioned or worked in like Extremis a la Ironman 3) in the episode "The Well." Here's the official synopsis: 

“In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”

[EW]

BUSINESS TIME

... Ravenswood will air its mid-season finale on November 19, only five episodes into its first season. It will then return alongside Pretty Little Liars on January 7. Now, I'm not a marketing expert or business scholar, but I am a TV watcher and I can tell you one thing: This is not how you launch a TV show. Debuting the spooky spin-off after PLL's annual Halloween special was a good idea, but to then turn around and yank it from the schedule for a month and a half so it can air as companion to the original series? As if. Apparently the network doesn't even care about trying to snag non-PLL viewers. Good luck keeping people interested, bozos. [ABC Family via press release]

... ABC Family also announced today that freshman drama Twisted will return with new episodes on Tuesday, February 11 at 9pm, once Ravenswood concludes. [ABC Family via press release]

... Lifetime has canceled The Client List after two seasons (and some behind-the-scenes disagreements about who'd play JLoHew's character's baby daddy). To be fair, I'm sure there were people who watched it, like people who couldn't physically move away from the television, people who lost their remotes and were too lazy to get up, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and someone locked in the basement of a serial killer's house. But the rest of the world: Will anyone else miss it? Did anyone else even realize it hadn't yet been canceled? [TV Line]

... What do Steven Tyler, Chef Nobu, Tara Lipinski, Carol Alt, Anne V, Farouk Shami, Italo Fontana, and Philip Kirkorov have in common? They're all going to be judges at the 2013 Miss Universe Competition in Moscow. The competition will air Saturday, November 9 on NBC at 9pm. [NBC via press release]

... Good news for everyone who's not burnt out on Sacha Baron Cohen (I'm not certain, but I think you're an endangered species?): FX Productions has closed a deal with the actor for Ali G: Rezurection, which is basically every episode of Da Ali G Show with new introductions from the actor, as well as episodes of Da Ali G Show that never aired on American television. Rezurection debuts in February 2014 on FXX. [FX via press release]

... The Talk will host a The Love Boat reunion, I have no idea why. Cast members Gavin MacLeod (Captain Merrill Stubing), Bernie Kopell (Dr. Adam “Doc” Bricker), Ted Lange (Isaac Washington), Fred Grandy (Burl “Gopher” Smith), Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy) and Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing) will all drop by the daytime chat show on November 5. [CBS via press release]

... If you're looking for some depressing but probably very poignant weekend viewing, you can now watch the full first episode of Showtime's docu-series Time of Death, which premieres tonight, on YouTube. [Showtime via press release] 

CASTING NEWS

... Shane West has landed his first post-Nikita gig even though the final season won't premiere until November 22. West will star in WGN America's series Salem. Before you get too excited, this is NOT that Salem the Cat series I've been dying for since 1998 (and that's probably a good thing, because Melissa Joan Hart would probably show up a decade from now to talk about how much she hated it). The 13-episode drama is set in 17th-century Massachusetts and explores the dark truth behind the Salem Witch Trials. Also who cares if it's any good, because SHANE WEST IN PERIOD CLOTHING. [THR]

... Dayton Callie, who plays Wayne Unser on Sons of Anarchy, has booked a guest-starring role on Law and Order: SVU. Obviously he did it. Whatever it is, he did it. That's how L&O works. He's guilty. 100 percent. In this case, Callie is a New Jersey judge who's under suspicion in a sex-trafficking case. Ack! Say it ain't so, Uncle Touchy! [TV Line]

... Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break) has joined Fox's midseason drama Gang Related. He'll play Mariano, a "quiet, ruthless, terrifying sociopath" who's also the leader of a cartel. You know, as opposed to your typical kitten-loving, rainbow-hugging, unicorn-whisperer-ing cartel leader. [TV Line]

... Law and Order: SVU is crossing over to Dick Wolf's new series Chicago P.D. Fin (Ice-T) and Rollins (Kelli Giddish) will visit the new series in February, after a serial killer is thought to have moved from New York to Chicago. [TV Guide]

... This one baffles me a bit: Vinnie Jones has joined the cast of ABC's new fairy-tale musical pilot Galavant, about Prince Galavant and his quest for revenge against the king who stole his one true love. Is there another Vinnie Jones I don't know about? Oh no, wait, just kidding. I didn't scroll down far enough: Jones will play Gareth, King Galahad’s "badass, scary Scottish henchman." This makes more sense now (well, not the Scottish part, but whatever! Who cares about accents, right Reign?) [Deadline]

... NBC has finished casting its wackadoodle production of The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer. Joining them for the live spectacle will be Broadway stars Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, and Christian Borle, as well as a bunch of young actors you've probably never heard of: Ariane Rinehart (Liesl), Michael Nigro (Fredrich), Ella Watts-Gorman (Louisa), Joe West (Kurt), Sophia Caruso (Brigitta), Grace Rundhaug (Marta) and Peyton Ella as young Gretl. The special is scheduled to air December 5. [NBC via press release]

... Modern Family is hiring some people for cameo roles, I guess (I really hate this show, sorrynotsorry). Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Jane Krakowski (30 Rock), and John Benjamin Hickey (The Good Wife) will all appear in the upcoming episode "Under Pressure." Eisenberg will play Asher, an eco-nut neighbor of Mitchell's; Krakowski will play Dr. Donna, "a mean-spirited mother of a classmate of Manny" who gets into it with Gloria; and Hickey will play a therapist. [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/21/2014

Season 5 : Episode 24

86 Comments
Follow this Show
Members