Modern Family

Disneyland

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 09, 2012 on ABC

• The family goes to Disneyland

During a family trip to Disneyland, Phil tries to go on a lot of big fast rides with Luke but ends up feeling a little bit green around the gills. Claire invites a boy (Matt Prokop) on the trip to stir up something in Haley, but much to her surprise, they run into Dylan. Meanwhile, Mitch and Cam cope with Lily's new penchant of running away, and Gloria tries to get a preoccupied Manny off the phone and enjoy the trip, while she and Jay have their own spat about suitable footwear. I love it when sitcoms have Disneyland (or Disney World) themed episodes such as "Full House", "George Lopez", etc. and now "Modern Family" gets a Disneyland episode and I really enjoyed it. It's nothing special or fantastic but it's quite the enjoyable entertainment. It also good to see Dylan return in this episode as Haley just happened to run into him at Disneyland. Matt Prokop's character was very funny in this episode as well. Phil and Luke trying to go on the rides but Phil getting tired because he's getting old was funny but I wish they showed more of that because their plot was underused here. My score is just a little low because I didn't like the Cam/Mitch plot that much and Lily's perchant annoyed me. Overall, this was a superb episode of "Modern Family". 9/10
  • Fine episode

Phil and Luke Plot: 4/10

Claire/Haley Plot: 6/10

Mitch and Cam Plot: 9/10

Manny Plot: 4/10

Jay and Gloria Plot: 9.5/10
  • 3.22 ''Disneyland''

This was a nice little episode that reminded me of those old special family sitcom episodes (like Step by Step) where they go to Disneyland and the trouble emerges, but then something happens and the family is at peace, they enejoy their vacation and go home happy. This was not the case with MF last night :D

Hayley got back together with Dylan, Lily turned into a dog, Phil realized he's not getting any younger and Gloria finally admitted that she feels uncomfortable in her high heel shoes. I enjoyed it. But there's still room for replacement. 8,0/10
ABC