Modern Family

Fizbo

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 25, 2009 on ABC

5.9
  • I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long!

I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long! I think this episode was awesome! I think it was funny when the kid in the orange shirt ended up in the hospital with a broken arm! Hilarious! This episode aired on September twenty-third, two-thousand and nine. I'm just stating the obvious and it's long!
  • My. Favourite. Episode.

Funny. I'm sorry but that's all I can say. Funniest damn episode in Modern Family's damn history.
  • Clowns are scary

Personally I share Phil's pain, clowns are very creepy and I have never understood their appeal. His phobia was so funny, every time he started freaking out it just made me laugh. It helps when Cameron is the one as the clown, he is the best character by far and my 3 favourite Cameron bits are him as Fizbo, the American Football episode where the big camp gay guy was a jock and when he introduces Lily in the pilot, genius all. I think Cameron and his partner are 2 of the best gay characters on television at the moment and really add a lot to my enjoyment of this show.
    Some may gripe about the use of the talking heads, but it is a style of programme, to be really picky it was the original UK Office that used that method, and they took that from other shows in the UK before it, so the US Office was not the originator of that at all. In fact Parks & Recreation and Modern Family have shown that there is still funny mileage in using it.
    Give me a new show like Modern Family or The Middle over the silly use of the name Scrubs for the 9th series of that any day of the week.
  • Very funny.

Mitch and Cam at the gas station was halerious but the Pritchett-Delgado were not particularly included.

Anyway I cant believe that this has a score of 5.9.
  • Luke's Birthday with an accident

This was another very good episode. It started with the family in the hospital with shots coming back it from time to time. What I like about this episode is that you don't know what happened until the end. And when they show you what happened it's something you don't know expect. When you think it;s one thing it turns out to be another. Like any episode this was also very funny. Seeing Cameron step up to the guy who bumped into Mitchell was great. While he is effeminate and flamboyant he is something you don't mess with. What I like about that is that it's not a total shock. You see Cameron's assertiveness in the episode where he watches a football game with Phil in a previous episode. I like Cameron as Fizbo. It's something you expect from him but makes you like him more. I liked how Phil is scared of clowns and seeing his reaction to Fizbo was hilarious. Any episode that has the whole family is always great to see and this was no exception.
  • This show is terrible.

1.5
    I was forced to watch Modern Family for the first time and I can assure you guys that it will be the last time I ever watch it. This show is like the land of the misfit toys, the cast is full of people from cancelled shows: Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Do Not Disturb, The Class), Ty Burrell (Back To You, Out Of Practice), Ed O'Neill (John From Cincinnati, Big Apple), Julie Bowen (Ed, Jake In Progess), Sofia Vergara (Hot Properties, Knights Of Prosperity) etc. etc.

But ignoring the cast's previous faults, the show is just not funny. Its lame attempts at being The Office with the talking head scenes are just not funny.

This show is terrible. Why do people watch it?
  • Another good episode.. and where was Fizbo for my youth?

Another good episode of Modern Family. This time around, there was a great simple idea to start the episode (Luke's episode) and each and every family member brought something to the table that eventually helped lead to the final moment. Plus, Cameron stole the show here (closely followed by Phil, who's fear of clowns made me laugh every time).

So far, I've grown to enjoy every single cast member in this show, even the ones who don't get as much airtime. They seem to mesh very well and it seems like second nature for them to be around each other, even though it's only about eight or nine episodes in. There have been a few weaker episodes of the show, don't get me wrong, and some of the episodes feel like there is nothing going on.. also, the show is missing some kind of hook that's driving the show forward.. although I suppose that can be answered by simply saying its a documentary that's following a family, and it doesn't need any unnecessary contrived plot point to drive it forward.

However, starting with the Incident, I've started to see different ways the show could work.. by focusing on the family drama and the dysfunction more often, the show could excel. Arrested Development pulled this off time and time again, and Modern Family, at times, has the same kind of feel within the family, but lately, it's lost some of that. If they can get that back, the show will be great.

I've gotten some friends and family hooked on the show, but it's hard to see how the show can be seen as straight-up bad. Mockumentaries may not be for everybody, but is this show really worse than half of the awful laugh-track sitcoms I see on television? Really worse than Hank? Seriously. Wake up and smell the bad television. My father was disappointed Hank was canceled and couldn't understand why Modern Family and The Middle was still on.. man, that gives me a headache.
  • Awesome show with great Actors and Actresses!!!

I don't see how anybody could not like this show. They must be asleep when its on, cause i cant stop laughing every time i watch this show!!
    Great group of people who know how to make you laugh and Fizbo was the best so far. The writers do a great job on the script for each actor, they really seem to know how to capture each person perfectly. Keep up the great work and ill keep laughing my A@#%@% off!!!
    Cant wait to see whats in store for the holidays. It always seems to get better week after week. Thanks
FOX