Modern Family

Fizbo

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 25, 2009 on ABC

5.9
  • Clowns are scary

Personally I share Phil's pain, clowns are very creepy and I have never understood their appeal. His phobia was so funny, every time he started freaking out it just made me laugh. It helps when Cameron is the one as the clown, he is the best character by far and my 3 favourite Cameron bits are him as Fizbo, the American Football episode where the big camp gay guy was a jock and when he introduces Lily in the pilot, genius all. I think Cameron and his partner are 2 of the best gay characters on television at the moment and really add a lot to my enjoyment of this show.
    Some may gripe about the use of the talking heads, but it is a style of programme, to be really picky it was the original UK Office that used that method, and they took that from other shows in the UK before it, so the US Office was not the originator of that at all. In fact Parks & Recreation and Modern Family have shown that there is still funny mileage in using it.
    Give me a new show like Modern Family or The Middle over the silly use of the name Scrubs for the 9th series of that any day of the week.
MNT