Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

"Little Bo Bleep" Discussion

drudager

[1]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 13

This one was buzzing on the Internets because of Lily and her (fake) F-Bomb. Some silly anti-cussing league had a problem with it & tried to stop it from airing, but of course that never happened.

Not looking good for Claire and her debate & political career! Also have to wonder where Lily picked up the F-word.

And where is everybody?? One of the top shows on TV and there's nobody here discussing.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 12

Those F-bombs were forced and contributed nothing to the episode

I love Claire-centric episodes and am really looking forward to watching her rant about her positions of various subjects

drudager

[3]Jan 19, 2012
    I think the wedding hall reaction to the F-bombs was totally unrealistic. That was just straight-out laughter. There would had been a woman or two with high pitched screaming; some disgruntled muttering, lots of "oh's" and general panic. I actually hope Claire doesn't win the political election because well, she's just too crazy & it would be too easy for her to just win. And anybody that runs for office based on just a stop sign has no business being in politics to begin with.

RavenFreak120

[4]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 21
    Thought it was HYSTERICAL. My favorite line of the night was Gloria's: "Seriously? Manny you teach to swim by throwing him in the pool but the dog gets swimming lessons." ROFL. Other favorites: The first time Lily swore (IMO after that, it got old), and of course, Phil's auto-tuned YouTube rant. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

aldaros23

[5]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 53
    I'm very sure that they didn't actually make Lily say an F-bomb on set... they had her say something with an F.

This was a good episode for Claire and Gloria and the dog. Loved the part where they were like "maybe the dog is suicidal".

DocKev

[6]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 3

aldaros23 wrote:
    I'm very sure that they didn't actually make Lily say an F-bomb on set... they had her say something with an F. This was a good episode for Claire and Gloria and the dog. Loved the part where they were like "maybe the dog is suicidal".
    I read that they made Lily say "fudge" on set. I really didn't find the whole F-bomb plotline very funny (except for the ridiculous dress they had Lily wear for the wedding, and Luke's comment about feeling like having a seizure when looking at it!). The funniest part of the episode for me was the whole mock debate, and Claire trying to contain her facial & arm movements throughout. I think Julie Bowen is just masterful in the physical body language reactions she does.

drudager

[7]Jan 20, 2012
    aldaros23 wrote:
    I'm very sure that they didn't actually make Lily say an F-bomb on set... they had her say something with an F.

The Yahoo article said the Lily actress said "fudge", which makes the reaction even more disingenuous.

aldaros23

[8]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 53
    i think Mitchell's laughter killed it... and then Cam was initially trying to figure out how to best handle it. because I mean every parent would just freak out the first time. OMG DON'T SAY THAT! WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT? WHAT? sort of thing. They were just sort of silent and Mitchell laughed like a school boy. it just didn't flow nicely.

drudager

[9]Jan 22, 2012
    aldaros23 wrote:
    i think Mitchell's laughter killed it... and then Cam was initially trying to figure out how to best handle it. because I mean every parent would just freak out the first time. OMG DON'T SAY THAT! WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT? WHAT? sort of thing. They were just sort of silent and Mitchell laughed like a school boy. it just didn't flow nicely.

You mean "Cameron" 's laughter. Mitchell was being the tightwad about it. And I think part of the joke (which is an subtle/shocking/gross one) is that she (probably) heard it from her two dads behind closed doors.

modernfamily120

[10]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 20

I missed the first five minutes of this episode due to a power-outage, but I saw the rest. It was great! The best part was the wedding. I loved the dresses! Btw, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons rocks!!!

neo979

[11]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 6
    drudager wrote:
    I think the wedding hall reaction to the F-bombs was totally unrealistic. That was just straight-out laughter. There would had been a woman or two with high pitched screaming; some disgruntled muttering, lots of "oh's" and general panic. I actually hope Claire doesn't win the political election because well, she's just too crazy & it would be too easy for her to just win. And anybody that runs for office based on just a stop sign has no business being in politics to begin with.

People bursting into a "general panic" from a baby swearing?

Have you ever met an actual person?

This post makes no sense.

drudager wrote:
    The Yahoo article said the Lily actress said "fudge", which makes the reaction even more disingenuous

Um... it's not a reality show. They are ACTORS acting.

drudager

[12]Jan 26, 2012

neo979 wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    People bursting into a "general panic" from a baby swearing? Have you ever met an actual person? This post makes no sense.
    You make no sense. Doesn't matter who drops an F-Bomb, it's going to still get a reaction. Not everybody is cool with it or uses the F-word in their daily speech, and a wedding usually has a good collection of older generations.
    drudager wrote:
    The Yahoo article said the Lily actress said "fudge", which makes the reaction even more disingenuous
    Um... it's not a reality show. They are ACTORS acting.[/QUOTE] No ****ing ****, Captain Obvious. I'm saying it a phony unbelievable acted reaction on top of a phony word being used.

Edited on 01/27/2012 4:25am

modernfamily120

[13]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 20

drudager wrote:
    I actually hope Claire doesn't win the political election...anybody that runs for office based on just a stop sign has no business being in politics to begin with.

I saw the episode Door To Door and I completely understand Claire's issue with the lackage of stopsign. At my school the elementary is across the street from the jr high and high school. There are two crosswalks connecting them and I have to cross that street all of the time. One of the two intersections has two stop signs. The place where I cross doesn't have a stopsign so its hard to cross because they don't have to stop.

Anyway, it is a big deal, just saying...

drudager

[14]Feb 14, 2012
    modernfamily120 wrote:

drudager wrote:
    I actually hope Claire doesn't win the political election...anybody that runs for office based on just a stop sign has no business being in politics to begin with.

I saw the episode Door To Door and I completely understand Claire's issue with the lackage of stopsign. At my school the elementary is across the street from the jr high and high school. There are two crosswalks connecting them and I have to cross that street all of the time. One of the two intersections has two stop signs. The place where I cross doesn't have a stopsign so its hard to cross because they don't have to stop.

Anyway, it is a big deal, just saying...

Well, I guess I have an opposite view: I find most stop signs unnecessary, an obstacle and a hindrance. I live in a large suburb with WAY too many stop signs, timed stop lights that never let you pass by through consecutive intersections & low speed limits, where it even a simple trip to the store takes almost an hour. It's just an incredible annoyance, waste of gas & wear on the brakes and time, all in the name of safety.