Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Low [tv.com] ratings

mmmshuddup

[1]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 12

What's up with people trolling on this site and specifically targeting certain shows like Modern Family and giving their episodes terrible ratings before they even come close to airing on TV? TV.com needs a WAY better moderation system in my opinion. They need to develop a mechanism to try and prevent spam voting like that..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hpfan06

[2]May 3, 2012
    • level: 23

In the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. If you enjoy the episode, then the show has done its job. That won't change because of some people that are determined to try to ruin the show's reputation. It's still one of the highest rated shows on TV, and that'll still be the case whether people give this show low ratings on TV.com or not.

Edie70

[3]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    Well, some people enjoy lowering the ratings for episodes and they enjoy looking at bad numbers. Cannot help themselves and we certainly cannot help them.

Cornuni

[4]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 4
    I noticed this as well. The show is getting quite a lot of bad rates.
    Of course, people can dislike the show. But how can you dislike an episode before it's even aired?
    Meh, just meh.

Romano338

[5]Apr 17, 2013
    • level: 8

That changes nothing

Edited on 04/17/2013 1:34am

Kleinke

[6]Sep 15, 2013
    • level: 12
    Is it still possible to vote on episodes that haven't even aired yet? This dump hasn't really changed at all in the last couple of years...

TheTruePhoenix

[7]Nov 23, 2013
    • level: 4

The saddest part is this is usually done by a select few groups with-in the tv.com community.

1 - Rival shows: I remember when Spartacus took knocked out Gossip Girl from the top 10 (momentarily) the "fans" of that show then organised for them all to down-vote Spartacus until it dropped out of the top 100.

2 - Conservative nut jobs: As this show has a numerous couples in it which are totally against what most "conservatives" want to see they will organise mass down-voting of it to try and stop it's "evil" spreading.

3 - Parents: This could almost go with above, the typical "I don't want to raise my child so I let the TV do it" crowd. FYI not everything on TV is for your kids to watch.... Don't like a show? Don't let your kids watch it... Most of the time they will do up a one sentence review on how they hated a certain part, even though they just don't even get it or listen to the next 20 seconds after that (e.g. someone has a 1.0 scored review because the show used the term "talking black" even though if you watch the show for another 5 seconds it's revealed he misheard his parents and they were saying "talking back")...

Never underestimate a fanboy who has an internet connection and far too much time on their hands

Edited on 11/23/2013 8:31pm

Romano338

[8]Nov 23, 2013
    • level: 8
    If you know how internet works, you're not surprised.
    It's 2013, we live in a world of angry bitter people spending time to hate on things just for the sake of it.
    Life on internet is exactly like the gang life. You take a side, you're on a team, and your job is to hate and destroy everything that isn't on your team, without any reason or logic.