Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Luke is gay?

tselliot

[1]Sep 29, 2013
    • level: 1

How come nobody is talking about the fact they may have just revealed Luke is gay? In the second episode this season when his dad is walking him into school he responds to something he says by saying what am I supposed to do go up and hug that big guy there? At the end they show him hanging out with the guy and he makes a comment about his smile. On top of that, Phil's voice over mentions seeing a lot of things that didn't make sense then but made perfect sense now. Maybe it was all a red herring but if it was too obvious to be real, I'm surprised nobody seemed to notice.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Romano338

[2]Sep 30, 2013
    • level: 8
    Nobody notices because there's nothing to notice.

"he responds to something he says by saying what am I supposed to do go up and hug that big guy there?"

The key here is the "he responds to SOMETHING".
    And that something is:
    « A little advice, every time you meet someone new, pay them a compliment. Like, um, "I love your hair." "Awesome kicks." "You have a beautiful smile." »

And Luke answers:
    « Okay, dad, I'll tell that big guy over there that he's got a beautiful smile." »

Which is a logical sarcastic answer to a weird bad advice.

So at the end, when he talks about the smile, it's an obvious reference to that dialog at the beginning of the episode.

TVvuer69

[3]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 58

I don't see any indication he's gay since the issue from that episode was that he'd be embarrassed that his dad would be hugging him in front of the other kids on the first day of high school. It's more likely he'd be making new male friends than female being it's early high school anyway. If you go back to last season's episode "New Year's Eve", he invited a pair of girls to come over to the house for himself and Manny while his parents were away. He likely would have scored with one of them if Haley hadn't stopped them. Definitely not gay there.