Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

New Lily: Yay or Nay?

RavenFreak120

[1]Sep 7, 2011
    • level: 21

Before and after the airing of the first few episodes of Season 3, what do you think of the producers' decision to re-cast Lily? (She will TALK in a soon-to-be-aired episode) IMHO (and I'm not speaking for everyone... to each his own) I like it... but think something will be weird about the abruptness of her speaking so soon... like no development. Cuz they went right from the non-speaking 2-year-old twins to this four-year-old talking child... what do you all think? (This is before the show airs... so that's what this post is based off for now).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

faugraham

[2]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 10
    Nay. She started talking out of the blue, and I liked the old Lily more. This wasn't done the right way.

neo979

[3]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 6
    Steven Levitan stated on Twitter that there is no "new Lily," it is the same Lily who is growing up for real. Since he's the creator of the show, I'm inclined to believe him unless someone can list the two different names for the actresses.

RavenFreak120

[4]Sep 28, 2011
    Ella and Jaden Hiller were the Season 1 & Season 2 Lilys. The new Lily (who IS indeed new) is Aubrey Anderson-Emmons. There's the link. It's for real: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/12/baby-lily-modern-family/

faugraham

[6]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 10

:
    Steven Levitan stated on Twitter that there is no "new Lily," it is the same Lily who is growing up for real. Since he's the creator of the show, I'm inclined to believe him unless someone can list the two different names for the actresses.

It's clearly not the same girl... the face is totaly different.

RavenFreak120

[7]Sep 29, 2011
    http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23suddengrowthspurtandbraindevelopment This tweet by Steve Levitan was tongue-in-cheek.

neo979

[8]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 6
    All right, so it is a different actress. I wasn't wrong about what Steve tweeted, and it wasn't that clear whether it was a joke. You don't have to beat me over the head with it...

SD1987

[9]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 1

Well the old Lily was so weird and quiet that google started auto completing "Modern Family Li.." to "Modern Family Lily autistic". So yes, the new Lily is 100 times better.

Harry9295

[10]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 5

Doesn't matter to much to me. After all, the show doesn't mainly focus around her.

slickgino

[11]Jan 18, 2012
    • level: 3

SD1987 wrote:

Well the old Lily was so weird and quiet that google started auto completing "Modern Family Li.." to "Modern Family Lily autistic". So yes, the new Lily is 100 times better.

I agree, the old Lily had me worried sometimes...

modernfamily120

[12]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 20

Yay. You may find that it was a sudden change, but I believe it was perfect because Modern Family is gone for 3 months (though in the world of Modern Family it was 2 months) and now Lily can speak. And it was timed perfectly because when Mitch and Cam adopted Lily she was a few months old. So the last that was seen of the non-speaking Lily was when she was just over two years old. And when she comes back she is almost 6 and a half years old.

Actually, though, I believe that Lily should've began speaking near the end of season 2.

Aubrey Anderson-Emmons rocks!