TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Question about the Broken Step

DocKev

[1]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 3

I was just wondering if anybody out there remembers, when was the first time that Phil tripped over the broken step in his house? I seem to recall it was in Season 1 when he was running up the stairs to give Claire her anniversary present, and she ended up getting Phil the bass guitarist from Spandau Ballet as her gift. But did we see the broken step before that?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kickdoor

[2]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 14

I want to say it happens in the Pilot, but the first time I know for sure it happens is in Run For Your Wife. It's actually off-screen though, you just hear Phil. "Two at a time! Two at a time! Oh, gotta fix that step. Already at the top, so..."

Daryl1988

[3]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 7
    It was 100% in that pilot, they will never fix that step.

DocKev

[4]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 3

kickdoor wrote:

I want to say it happens in the Pilot, but the first time I know for sure it happens is in Run For Your Wife. It's actually off-screen though, you just hear Phil. "Two at a time! Two at a time! Oh, gotta fix that step. Already at the top, so..."

I've got the Pilot recorded, and having re-watched it this weekend, I can definitely say there was no mention of the broken step in that episode. So the question now is, was the broken step mentioned in the episodes between the Pilot and Run For Your Wife?