TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

"The One that Got Away" Discussion

RavenFreak120

[1]May 25, 2011
    • level: 21

OMG! Awessssooommmeee episode! Loved how the video tribute tied everything together from the past season... LOVED how Phil said, "I got Claire!" after ALL those times of saying "I got Gloria!" LOVE the return of "Gotta fix that step!" and I feel the Mitchell/Cam want another baby starts up next season quite well. What did you all think? P. S. I preferred this one as the season finale as opposed to last week's, which was originally season finale in production order.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kickdoor

[2]May 25, 2011
    • level: 14

I really didn't think they still had it in them to do an episode that would get that many laughs from me, but that was great. I agree the, "I got Claire!" line was a really nice touch.

haldrey

[3]May 26, 2011
    • level: 22
    A lame season finale if I have ever seen one.

parker1313

[4]May 26, 2011
    • level: 9
    I was a bit disappointed in the season finale. This episode did not have as many laughs and even the laughs weren't the hysterical type. It was an ok episode , but not one that makes you wish the season was over. I was expecting a bit more

DocKev

[5]May 27, 2011
    • level: 3

I thought this was one of the sweetest episodes this season. It still had wonderfully funny moments that tickled my funny bone ("Dad/Jay/Grandpa, we love eewwwwww, capiche?", Gloria getting Jay a "sexy phone" because he mentioned wanting to get a saxophone, but especially the photo of young Phil with the spaghetti dumped on his head, followed by old Phil re-creating that scene!). But from Cam wishing he could help Manny with his baseball hitting, "new" Jay taking the time to sit with Manny in the boat on the pool, Mitchell telling Cam how lucky he was to have a sister like Claire growing up, and finally Phil realizing how lucky he was to marry Claire, these sweet moments made this a very good finale for me. And loved the video clips the girls took during the whole season (although it took me awhile to figure out that Mitchell's clip was him practicing for the flash mob!)

janieee

[6]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 1

loved the recaps! did anyone else notice the girls are watching that commercial lily was in at the beginning of the ep?! x)