Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

"Virgin Territory" discussion

drudager

[1]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 13

Claire looked real sexy shooting that gun. Happiness is a warm gun.

Cameron subsplot was pretty silly. I figured Jay would justify his hole-in-one story because of the all the b.s. guys shoot off. At least I *think* he kept his plaque up in the end.

Edited on 02/23/2012 6:44am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neo979

[2]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 6
    Sarah Hyland is so pretty - she has such big beautiful eyes.

(Even if the fictional character Haley Dunphy is 17, Sarah is 21. So I'm not a sicko, okay?)

drudager

[3]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 13
    neo979 wrote:
    Sarah Hyland is so pretty - she has such big beautiful eyes.

(Even if the fictional character Haley Dunphy is 17, Sarah is 21. So I'm not a sicko, okay?)

Believe me, I always check the actresses ages before I start oogling them. Nobody wants to be a pedophile or a dirty old man, that's for sure. Sarah is a petite lil thing; that's probably why her eyes seem so big.

Jemadari

[4]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 12

I remember my first "borrowed" car, I was 12, almost recked it taking a corner too wide but everyone walked away ok

Cam/Jay/Mitchell = pure boredom

Loved the thing with Phil and Haley

Always liked Claire but now that she's into guns she is officially complete in my eyes

and I'll take Julie over Sarah any day of the week, why not Sofia? you say, because even in my dreams i'm practical Wink

vh99

[5]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 1

Worst episode ever. Is this show now trying to be a drama? No comedy found here. Personally I can't stand Mitchell, he's a jerk. Cam is sometimes funny but come on, obsessing over a plastic food tray. That was so lame. Gloria's voice was set to 11 on the annoying meter in this episode and the Luke and Manny part was a bit funny, but very far fetched. Claire with a gun = hot, but who would let a nut job like Claire hold a gun. I could totally see her going postal. Hey maybe she could shoot Mitchell. Now that would be funny! Basically this show has gone down since the first season and the only thing that makes it bearable is Phil. Phil is hysterical. Without him, this show is a bomb!

Edited on 02/23/2012 2:54pm

RavenFreak120

[6]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 21
    I'd say this episode was good. The big comedy this week I felt came from Manny and Luke's storyline, but there were funny one-liners peppered throughout, i. e. "Would you like a Swedish massage, accent optional?" "I know from the outside I look like I have everything together--" "No, not really" and "Claire, this came with a lid." The Cam storyline was okay, and I personally thought Claire avoiding Gloria was funnier than actually having her shoot the targets. But it was fine. I didn't necessarily find the Jay/Mitchell and Phil/Haley storylines funny, but that's okay. The show's a comedy, yes, but it ultimately shows us modern family life and it's okay that some moments aren't funny, 'cause they're equally poignant. For example, the confessional where Phil says he was trying to be cool but blew it, and then Haley comes on and says "I have a cool kid," and you can see and hear her holding back tears.. that was so touching and it brings a sense of realism to the show. I like those moments. And they can still make other pieces in the show funny too, so it's not necessarily a full-out drama. Just fleshes it out more. I love this show!!

modernfamily120

[7]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 20

The Cam plot and the Haley/Phil/Alex plot were the best. I gave this episode a 6.5

roman28

[8]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 10
    i think they should make more Manny and Luke moments, its one of the best thing of the show