Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Who is your least favorite character in the show

frozen1234

[1]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 1

I honestly don't like that one nine year old girl I think her acting is very bad

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 32
    I suppose my least favorite character is the teenage girl.

mockuben

[3]Nov 12, 2009
    Cameron, i really can't stand him, Mitchell can do much better, Phil comes in a close second.

rdjgirls

[4]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 2
    probably the nine year old girl, she messes with everyone!

pamhalpert

[5]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 14
    Gloria. Her over played hispanic accent really gets under my skin. I like Phil, but I think the show creators completely stole his character from Michael Scott (The Office).

saylavee

[6]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 18
    I'd say Gloria for the same reason pamhalpert said. As for the 9 yr old girl I'm surprised the character is like that though, she's suppost to be the brainy one of the kids (isnt her name Alex?) yet shes also kinda a b**** which is why i like her, she reminds me of me when i was 9, except shes meaner.

malibuandcoke

[7]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    This is really difficult for me since I actually enjoy all of them, but the teenage girl would probably have to be my least.

tony609

[8]Dec 17, 2009

I love this show,it's my favorite comedy on tv right now. My least favorite character would have to be the middle girl,Alex..she would actually tie with her older sister Hailey. They just don;t do much and are your typical sitcom kids. Teenage girl boy crazy and the middle child brainy child.

saylavee

[9]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 18
    Changed my mind, my least favorite is now Manny, he just annoys me sooooooo much

fairuser

[10]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 4
    Phil, a less likable version of Michael from The Office. The little fat kid can be annoying too.

OnePerCentClub

[11]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 35
    Don't mess with the Latin American woman!

I don't like Manny and the teenage girl, both are way too annoying.

I can deal with Alex, she's precocious and fun.

b-runner

[12]Jan 26, 2010
    Haley (the teenage girl) is my least favorite.

Rbrush22

[13]Jan 26, 2010
    Did you say Phil is and Cameron? Those two and Jay drive the series. As for people saying that Phil's character is a rip off of Michael Scott (the office) then you can say that michael scott is a rip off of every oblivious character in the history of TV. The reason they seem so similar is because of the mockumentary style. Some of the kids can be annoying from time to time but the fact that there actions actually annoy some people who are watching means that they are doing a great job. No one likes a tattle tale and a 10 year old who talks like there in there 50's but thats what makes these characters so real and why they work well together.
    Obviously this question was an opinion so there is no right or wrong answer........ except for mine....... you choose which :-)

marytattoo

[14]Mar 17, 2010

i soooo dislike phil. when he is on, i just open a book. i don't know if it is the character or the actor, but i think of the stereotypical used car salesman. phil is slimy and i wonder why claire is with him. he is --- yuck.

kickdoor

[15]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 14

Not to ruffle any feathers, but I just want to point out that there is no "nine year old girl." Luke is ten(pointed out in Not In My House) and Alex is the middle child so she couldn't be younger than Luke. I'd say she is 11, same age as the actress playing her.

As for my least favorite, it rotates between the kids. Haley wasn't funny at all for awhile but she started making some good faces(subtle things like that win me over) a little ways into the season. Same with Luke, he just wasn't funny, but recently, he's been killing it. Especially when he and Phil investigated beneath the house. Manny was great for most of the season but hasn't really gotten any laughs out of me the past few episodes, especially the last one.

mr_snakeabee

[16]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 7

The only one that i really find annoying is manny.

DanteMontoyez

[17]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 5

I'm surprised that not many people have named Manny yet. Manny and Alex are my least favourite characters -- but only because they're so poorly written. Neither of them sounds believably -- Alex less so, Manny is the major offender, hence why I singled him out. Manny just "sounds too smart" -- I'll acknowledge that there are kids who are as bright and perceptive as he is, but his lines are so brilliant that he just sounds phony. His attempts at romance are unconvincing too -- not because he's aiming for girls who're out of his league, rather his whole approach just seems way off from what your average kid would try (even the sweet ones aren't that straight-forward and precise). No, he's the least convincing character.

What's with the Phil and Cameron haters though? They're the two single funniest characters -- the clowns and foils to their more serious partners. If anything, I'm impressed that the writers had enough sense to give Claire and Mitchell humourous flaws of their own, allowing them to be hilarious in their own rights without coming off as nothing but the "straight men" across from their ridiculous partners. (*comedy term, not sexual preference, and no Claire isn't a man.)

Also, Mitchell being too good for Cameron? Not to target that poster, but Cameron and Mitchell balance each other out nicely. I think they did a great job in the early episodes, establishing why Mitch & Cam fit each other well (note Mitch's initial apprehension, until he gave Cam a chance). This show is so well-written, it amazes me, it'll be a shame when it's cancelled before its time.

jrosace92

[18]May 30, 2010
    Probably Hailey. I kinda like Alex, actually a little more than Manny. I can't believe anybody could hate Phil and Cameron. Phil's my fave, and Cam's my 3rd(after Jay). I can understand hating Gloria, her accent is kinda getting on my nerves.

jrosace92

[19]May 30, 2010
    Probably Hailey. I kinda like Alex, actually a little more than Manny. I can't believe anybody could hate Phil and Cameron. Phil's my fave, and Cam's my 3rd(after Jay). I can understand hating Gloria, her accent is kinda getting on my nerves.

macncheezeplz

[20]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 10

manny. anyone who's trying to act much older or younger than they are is mad annoying. for some reason, haley doesn't bother me that much.