Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Who is your least favorite character in the show

algetrig91

[21]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 34
    My least favorite character is probably Luke.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bdancer99

[22]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 11

manny

FoeHammer225

[23]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 9

I don't really hate anyone in this show. But my leastfavoritewould have to be Mitchtell.

pamhalpert

[24]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    Rbrush22 wrote:
    Did you say Phil is and Cameron? Those two and Jay drive the series. As for people saying that Phil's character is a rip off of Michael Scott (the office) then you can say that michael scott is a rip off of every oblivious character in the history of TV. The reason they seem so similar is because of the mockumentary style. Some of the kids can be annoying from time to time but the fact that there actions actually annoy some people who are watching means that they are doing a great job. No one likes a tattle tale and a 10 year old who talks like there in there 50's but thats what makes these characters so real and why they work well together.
    Obviously this question was an opinion so there is no right or wrong answer........ except for mine....... you choose which :-)

Umm... I choose that you are completely wrong!. I love Modern Family, but you can NOT deny that Phil is a carbon copy of Michael Scott. He has the same jokes, the same awkwardness, the same sense of humor, the same delivery on jokes that bomb, ...Shall I go on?

appypriya

[25]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 1

I love this show,it's my favorite comedy on tv right now. My least favorite character would have to be the middle girl,Alex..she would actually tie with her older sister Hailey

DocKev

[26]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 3

appypriya wrote:

I love this show,it's my favorite comedy on tv right now. My least favorite character would have to be the middle girl,Alex..she would actually tie with her older sister Hailey

Alex & Hailey have been in two of my favorite scenes from Modern Family! The first was when Hailey was teaching Alex how to be "cool" and tell her friend on the phone she wasn't sure she could make it to her party. Alex comes up with the explanation she'll be busy, and when asked "busy with what?", she answers "homework"....the 2 girls look panicked at each other, Alex throws the phone on the floor and they both scream. LOL.

My second favorite Hailey/Alex scene is when Hailey's SAT scores come out online, the family sees she does "average", praises her, but then Hailey announces she was thinking of not going to college & leaves. Alex then utters one of my all time favorite Modern Family lines "Well, we took the scenic route, but we ended up in the same place!".

Daryl1988

[27]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 7
    Alex She isnt a very good actress, shes okay but not great

purpleinsect

[28]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 3

pamhalpert wrote:
    Gloria. Her over played hispanic accent really gets under my skin. I like Phil, but I think the show creators completely stole his character from Michael Scott (The Office).

It's her real accent. Watch some of her interviews

hell693

[29]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 11
    frozen1234 wrote:

I honestly don't like that one nine year old girl I think her acting is very bad

The same with me because i love all the character and i dont see why so many of you guys hate Haley because i love Haley and whats not to love about her she is perfect.

NeeUyank

[30]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 7

I think my least favorable -at least least interesting- character is Haley, the oldest child.. she is very poorly written, and is a very one dimentional character, the actress does her best to make her a real person but it is hard.. she hardly was lead in anything, even when he was dating with the awkward boy, the boy stole the thunder.. following that comes Manny, the latin boy, whom could be a great funny character if only he was written other sides of his personality.. he is also poorly written.. "an early developed kid acting like an adult" is a funny premise, but only if he acts like a kid from time to time.. the best of him was in the "after the fire" episode, when he finally became a child for a couple of minutes, playin with toys etc. I mean, have we ever seen him "play" before? his character is neglected..

drudager

[31]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 13
    Probably Mitchell because he's so uptight & such a sissy. I really don't know what Cameron sees in him. Of course nothing in this show makes sense so it fits right in.

drudager

[32]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 13
    purpleinsect wrote:

pamhalpert wrote:
    Gloria. Her over played hispanic accent really gets under my skin. I like Phil, but I think the show creators completely stole his character from Michael Scott (The Office).

It's her real accent. Watch some of her interviews

Yup, it is her real accent. She's really from Columbia.

modernfamily120

[33]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 20

If I absolutely HAD TO choose one, it would have to be Manny.

Btw if you don't like Alex, then you must not be an older sibbling.