Modern Family Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Who is your least favorite character in the show

  • Avatar of algetrig91

    algetrig91

    [21]Jul 22, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 2,490
    My least favorite character is probably Luke.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bdancer99

    bdancer99

    [22]Jul 22, 2010
    • member since: 09/30/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 463

    manny

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FoeHammer225

    FoeHammer225

    [23]Aug 17, 2010
    • member since: 10/27/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 117

    I don't really hate anyone in this show. But my leastfavoritewould have to be Mitchtell.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [24]Sep 23, 2010
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    Rbrush22 wrote:
    Did you say Phil is and Cameron? Those two and Jay drive the series. As for people saying that Phil's character is a rip off of Michael Scott (the office) then you can say that michael scott is a rip off of every oblivious character in the history of TV. The reason they seem so similar is because of the mockumentary style. Some of the kids can be annoying from time to time but the fact that there actions actually annoy some people who are watching means that they are doing a great job. No one likes a tattle tale and a 10 year old who talks like there in there 50's but thats what makes these characters so real and why they work well together.
    Obviously this question was an opinion so there is no right or wrong answer........ except for mine....... you choose which :-)


    Umm... I choose that you are completely wrong!. I love Modern Family, but you can NOT deny that Phil is a carbon copy of Michael Scott. He has the same jokes, the same awkwardness, the same sense of humor, the same delivery on jokes that bomb, ...Shall I go on?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of appypriya

    appypriya

    [25]Jun 1, 2011
    • member since: 06/01/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    I love this show,it's my favorite comedy on tv right now. My least favorite character would have to be the middle girl,Alex..she would actually tie with her older sister Hailey

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DocKev

    DocKev

    [26]Jun 3, 2011
    • member since: 06/11/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 65

    appypriya wrote:


    I love this show,it's my favorite comedy on tv right now. My least favorite character would have to be the middle girl,Alex..she would actually tie with her older sister Hailey


    Alex & Hailey have been in two of my favorite scenes from Modern Family! The first was when Hailey was teaching Alex how to be "cool" and tell her friend on the phone she wasn't sure she could make it to her party. Alex comes up with the explanation she'll be busy, and when asked "busy with what?", she answers "homework"....the 2 girls look panicked at each other, Alex throws the phone on the floor and they both scream. LOL.


    My second favorite Hailey/Alex scene is when Hailey's SAT scores come out online, the family sees she does "average", praises her, but then Hailey announces she was thinking of not going to college & leaves. Alex then utters one of my all time favorite Modern Family lines "Well, we took the scenic route, but we ended up in the same place!".

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Daryl1988

    Daryl1988

    [27]Jun 4, 2011
    • member since: 05/08/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 202
    Alex She isnt a very good actress, shes okay but not great
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of purpleinsect

    purpleinsect

    [28]Jul 21, 2011
    • member since: 05/23/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 29

    pamhalpert wrote:
    Gloria. Her over played hispanic accent really gets under my skin. I like Phil, but I think the show creators completely stole his character from Michael Scott (The Office).



    It's her real accent. Watch some of her interviews

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hell693

    hell693

    [29]Dec 4, 2011
    • member since: 09/23/11
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 323
    frozen1234 wrote:

    I honestly don't like that one nine year old girl I think her acting is very bad



    The same with me because i love all the character and i dont see why so many of you guys hate Haley because i love Haley and whats not to love about her she is perfect.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NeeUyank

    NeeUyank

    [30]Dec 12, 2011
    • member since: 10/17/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 28

    I think my least favorable -at least least interesting- character is Haley, the oldest child.. she is very poorly written, and is a very one dimentional character, the actress does her best to make her a real person but it is hard.. she hardly was lead in anything, even when he was dating with the awkward boy, the boy stole the thunder.. following that comes Manny, the latin boy, whom could be a great funny character if only he was written other sides of his personality.. he is also poorly written.. "an early developed kid acting like an adult" is a funny premise, but only if he acts like a kid from time to time.. the best of him was in the "after the fire" episode, when he finally became a child for a couple of minutes, playin with toys etc. I mean, have we ever seen him "play" before? his character is neglected..

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [31]Jan 19, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    Probably Mitchell because he's so uptight & such a sissy. I really don't know what Cameron sees in him. Of course nothing in this show makes sense so it fits right in.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [32]Jan 19, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    purpleinsect wrote:

    pamhalpert wrote:
    Gloria. Her over played hispanic accent really gets under my skin. I like Phil, but I think the show creators completely stole his character from Michael Scott (The Office).



    It's her real accent. Watch some of her interviews



    Yup, it is her real accent. She's really from Columbia.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of modernfamily120

    modernfamily120

    [33]Jan 24, 2012
    • member since: 01/23/12
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 333

    If I absolutely HAD TO choose one, it would have to be Manny.


    Btw if you don't like Alex, then you must not be an older sibbling.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.