Modern Family

New Year's Eve

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 09, 2013 on ABC

6.3
  • I don't know why I love this ep so much.

I just love that they went to Palm Springs for NYE. I think there's something so fun about that. It's retro and modern at the same time. I love that the hotel is totally not what Jay remembers. I love that the hotel has, nonetheless, remained the same -- it's his memory that has changed. I loved Gloria with her obsession with the grapes. I loved Jay stumbling into a totally fun friendly memorable poker game. I loved Mitch and Cam's varying experiences on "the strip" as they seek fun at their preferred pace. I loved Haley and Alex being wistful about Luke growing up. I loved Haley's sidelong glance at the camera after it becomes clear she's mixed herself a cocktail but accidentally given it to Alex. I crazy-loved Jay and Gloria and Lando riding the gondolas at midnight.

I didn't like Phil and Claire's storyline, and usually Phil is my favorite part of any MF episode.
  • All the way from Extremely Great to Fine

Extremely great was the plot with the kids. The whole Haley's "in charge" while Alex is really in charge joke was hilarious, especialy with Lily. Speaking of Lily, she was hilarious in this episode. One of her best along with "When Good Kids Go Bad" in season three. The kids' plot was great!

Really Great was Claire and Phil. They were really funny. Nude Year's Eve was really funny.

Fine was both Mitchel and Cam and Jay and Gloria. Neither plot was outstanding, while neither plot was horrible.