Modern Family

Regrets Only

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 23, 2011 on ABC

6.7

Eh, it was only okay, it was better than the usual Modern Family installment but this show still isn't cutting it for me, and the fact that this is named the "best family comedy" escapes me, regardless, we did get a couple laughs on tonight's episode. I was actually for the most part interested in Phil & Claire's fight, to see what Claire was mad about, but by the end, I felt a bit disappointed. We could have gotten a bigger payoff but we didn't, and most of the fight was given away in the first 10 minutes of the episode.

The Cam/Mitchell scenes were just way too generic and over played. Can this show be original and not cliche for once? Seriously. Hayley pretending to have a job was sort of amusing, but I felt like that could have been better too. The syrupy ending was just the craptastic bow on this entire episode. This episode just showed that this comedy is definitely overrated and it definitely does not deserve the "best family comedy" title just because it's a mockumentary-style series.
CW