Modern Family

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 23, 2009 In Season

neomichel

Modern Family Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Lovely series

I was surprised at the overall rating of the show on this site.

This is one of the best comedy series on air right now, which does not have to depend on laugh cues. The characters are very well sketched, and almost all the characters have done a fantastic job. The setting may be a little too far-fetched, but thats what fiction is all about, you do not necessarily have to stick with the norm.
  • Lots of great characters, funny show

I really like this show because each character has a different personality which makes this show really enjoyable. But I do have to agree that there is a bad episode every once in a while.
  • Over-rated!

4.5
    [I know that I am going to upset some of my friends here, but I must state my opinion.]

I can not understand all the hype for this show. Since everyone seems to love this show, I have tried to get into it, but I usually find the comedy rushed and unfunny (I have seen better). Everyone seems to think that this is "the best thing since sliced bread" - but I personally think it is "the best thing since yesterday's news" (whatever that was).

The cast is not bad (I admit that - and every good show should have a good cast, although not great).

Final thoughts on Modern Family? More like "Mediocre Family". I don't despise it, but to me, it's just another show. I would only watch it if there was nothing else on, but even then I might get bored and just go and read a book instead.
  • If this is a Modern American Family, We are Really in Trouble

A great looking woman living off a sugar daddy a Gay couple adopting a child, I'm suprize Elton John doesnt live next door. And in the middle of the worst ression they all know, was caused by the republicans, they all seem to have a lot of money between them. You want 'Moden' Family, go down the average neighborhood of Lansing Michigan, or Indianapolis In, and they start your series. You might be finding one gay man or woman, but they are not adopting kids yet, and not every budgy balding going on 70 year old has a hot momma at his disposal. You need to rename the series Modern LA Bld.
  • Another good comedy show

A funny show. It has a lot of classic jokes and the diversity of the characters is a good addition to make it more likeable. Overall good, funny show!
  • Very funny show, great characters, talent

I am not a fan of sitcoms generally so this show is a refreshing change from usual evening family tv. The topics and story-lines are timely, lighthearted and funny. The characters are not written in-depth but they aren't meant to be. Instead they are pretty basic and work well together with great writing and one-liners. You can laugh watching even if you haven't followed three seasons.
  • Modern Family - the most hilarious show there is

I LOVE Modern Family. Wednesdays are my favourite days of the week. There is once in a while, I admit, a bad episode, but generaly, Modern Family is the best!
  • FUNNY!

Modern Family is so funny! I watched it at my friends house a few weeks ago, and immediatley loved it!
  • Complete

This show has everything a perfect sitcom needs plus a fresh new type of general comedy
  • Awful

0.5
    I think this is one of the worst show on TV.
  • Probably one of the best shows.

Honestly, if you don't like this show then you have absolutely no emotion, whatsoever. Yea, shows make you laugh, but this makes you literally LAUGH and cry from laughter. This is an awesome show.
  • Best Comedy

It's laid back, funny and a fun watch!

Love it!
  • What a great show

They should make more shows like this...!!! :-)
  • Modern Family

Love it...
  • Well above average, well above!

i found out about this show a few weeks back, and i'm currently watching it with my girlfriend. It's really good, more than i expected it to be, and really funny. Just give it a try and you will end up wanting to watch the whole show.
  • Could this show be any funnier? NO

Omg this show cracks me up every time i watch it! I love love LOVE IT!
  • I watched it every week because others liked it. Now I gotta shout "Hate it!!!"

I gave it the whole first season to grow on me. But after 24 episodes I am still just as infuriated by these imbecilic characters! I despise everyone but the grandfather's family and the other kids. The remaining adults infuriate me rather than entertain me. I probably could not be around them in real life because I would be so tempted to get violent with them. But without them the rest of the characters are normal-boring. So what to do? I for one have my own personal solution. I'm going to stop watching this show. Hahaha! It's so easy! Let those who like it have it! Yay, I'm gonna get my own TV and be anti-social with my family over a TV show! ...Dang.
  • This show isn't funny.

After all of the hype I had heard about this show from tv.com and every other critic out there I was really excited to watch a new comedy that would actually be funny (we havn't had one of those since Two and a Half Men and now thats starting to slip). Then I watched the show and was completely let dowm. I think I let out a little chuckel at one part but that was it. I watched the second episode and that was just as bad. I was really expecting the critics to back off once the poilit actually aired and sucked but praise for the show is strong and I just don't get it. I laughed more at Hank!
  • One of the only shows that I give it a 10 out of 10. Damn it! The ratings must be wrong!

I don't understand why people don't seem to like this show. This is the best of television right now. Let's analyze it by step.

Characters: A

Jay: I like him, he can be a little bit of a jerk, though. A

Gloria: She can be a little bit irritating, but she's hilarious. A

Claire: Strangely, this is the character I hate the most. She's a party pooper and always ruins Phil and Luke's dreams. Note: I hate the character, though Julie Bowen did a wonderful job with her. C

Phil: I love his character, he's always so happy and nice. It's a shame that Claire ruins his dreams. A+

Mitchell: He can be a little too mean with Cam, but he's alright. B+

Cam: He's a little too much of a Drama Queen, but his character is hilarious. A

Plot: A+

Awesome. Definitely something new for American television.

Show's Score: A

Manny: His character is somewhat annoying, but he's okay. B

Luke: He's a little bit stupid, but I find him funny and somewhat clueless. A

Alex: Not much to say about her, she's the least developed character in the series, but she's alright. B+

Haley: She's annoying too, but makes conflict at the Dunphy's more interesting. A

• Show score is listed incorrectly...

Yes something is wrong with the score for this show on TV.com... The Average score of the 36 reviews I see here is 8.9

IMDB has it rated 9.0 with 28,000+ votes.

Netflix has it rated 4.6 (ridiculously high) of 5 stars with 472,000+ votes.

I think I'll go with the opinion of 500,000 other viewers instead of the current 2,600+ viewers listed here.

Keep voting folks!

• Entertaining show with lots of laughs!

Modern family is a funny show that I look forward to watching each week. A mockumentary of 3 familes that are in some ways related to each other. It's funny because sometimes the characters will be just like your family. Every week there is always a new funny main subject. I highly recommend this show.

• This is a comedy show centered around three connecting families and how they deal with day to day problems that we all face, whether you are the child or the parent.

This show is the funniest show I have ever seen. It is relatable and makes light heartedness of reality. This show also does a great job of exhibiting the different kind of families that we see more often, the typical family, the family where age difference is obvious and a same sex family as well. This show is perfectly written and never dissapoints. This show is a die hard comedy that wins awards at the Emmy's, the Golden Globes and the SAG awards. It is absolutely PERFECT!

• I would love to love 'Modern Family', but there are too many things in this show that I just simply find disgusting, and I have to be able to love every single character on the show to actually love the show itself.

Due to lack of time I didn't watch 'Modern Family' at the beginning, but when the hype around the show increasead, I most definitely wanted to see the pilot episode. And boy, was I stunned! First of all, I had no idea the show was a mockumentary, which I strongly dislike. Second of all, the show was full of kids; annoying, know-it-all teenagers everywhere! Third of all, Phil (played by Ty Burrel) was easily one of the most obnoxious sitcom characters of all time. And, last but not least, I simply hated Cameron (played by Eric Stonestreet). Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against homosexuals, as I am one myself, but I did not like the way the show portrayed Cameron as a stereotypical caricature. Sure, caricatures can, too, often be really funny - like Jack on 'Will & Grace' - but not this time.

I did quit watching the show after seeing the second episode of the series. I did watch the last two episodes of the first season and almost the first half of the second season, but still, those four things that I didn't like remained.

But there has to be something good about that show, right? Well, there, in fact, is. Sofia Vergara is absolutely stunning, and Ed O'Neil keeps entertaining me year after year. And sure, the show's writing is often smart and witty, and I'd be lying if I said the show didn't make me laugh a few times during every single episode.

A comedy series that makes you laugh sounds really good, I guess. But I cannot keep watching a show that is full of characters I don't love. 'Modern Family' is a good show for occasional laughs, but I can't say I'd miss it if it suddenly got canceled.
  • If you like light hearted mockumentary comedy, you'll love this show.

This is yet anothermockumentary stylesit-com but has a lighter situational comedy side, great chemistry,a whacky set of characters all symbolizing american family in some aspect(some more likeable than others),and a feel good vibe resolution each show thatthe writers try hard to get you to walk away with.Be forewarned, it definitely is a very specific kind of comedy though... you have to appreciate mockumentary comedy. So while it's not for everyone, the people that do appreciate this sort of humor love it. On a note of comparison, the Office and other mockumentary sit-coms are a bit more on the awkward and strange shockhumor side while this is more about people being overreactive and getting themselves into funny situations. In that sense it's lighter. Definitely a show worth watching even if it doesn't appeal to everyone.

• Witty and hilarious.

Despite the semi-rotten review scores this show receives on tv.com, it has been all but critically acclaimed everywhere else! The characters are great, the dialogue clever and even the plots are well thought-out sometime. I'm not going to lie, though, there are episodes here and there that are almost entirely uneventful. Regardless, that's not to say you won't still get a few gut-busters!

I once said that this show was for people who liked The Office but for some reason many people have disagreed with me for some strange reason. So forget all that, if you like fun shows with characters you'll love that will crack you up more than just a couple of times per episode then this is the show for you!
  • A clever mockumentary taken out of the workplace and into the homes of a hilarious family.

The funny antics and interactionsof this familykeep me coming back for more. Ed O'Neill plays the patriarch of the family, which is what made me interested in giving this show a shot.I was not disappointed the writingis outrageously funny, but notunrealistic.All of the characters have comic value including the children. I especially love watching Phil and Luke, they are great together.It has one of the best ensembles on TV today. Definitly a must seeshow. Iexpect the show to have a verylong running.

• So funny, I love this show.

So funny, I love most of the characters of this show even the ones I am not so fond of have so much charm and character. I love Love Mod Fam.So funny, I love most of the characters of this show even the ones I am not so fond of have so much charm and character. I love Love Mod Fam.So funny, I love most of the characters of this show even the ones I am not so fond of have so much charm and character. I love Love Mod Fam.So funny, I love most of the characters of this show even the ones I am not so fond of have so much charm and character. I love Love Mod Fam.
  • I like this show! Maybe someone doesn't like it.

I like this show! Maybe someone doesn't like it. I watch it and enjoy it.
  • What's with the ratings here? Just 8, come on people while shows like 90210 or Hellcats get almost the same rating..seriously? Definitely one of the smartest and funniest comedy sitcoms of the last years for sure..

A show about 3 different families all connected to each other via relativity. First we have a couple with 3 kids, then a newly married couple with a big age difference and then we have a gay couple. When I first heard about the story it didn't seem too interesting till I watches the pilot. It's really that good and there's no way you won't spend 20 minutes laughing and having fun. Phil one of the best or maybe the best is such a goof in a weird funny way. Then we have Cam who is the true revelation to me as he has all the stereotypes of gay people on him and still is very funny. No wonder why Stonestreet has won an Emmy for his role and was nominated for Golden Globe. I wish it will still be on air after many seasons and never lose its freshness
  • BEST SHOW, LETS HIT 10 SEASONS

this is a great show, it will be something that is going to reach 10 seasons, just like the likes of two and a half men. The actors are a particular credit to the show, they are all at high standards and most of the women are extremely hot!! ANYONE who doesnt like this show should be shot and taken off the earth as they are simply a waste of f**** space.
    Keep it up MODERN FAMILY IS A MUCH WATCH, WOULD MISS IT FOR ANYTHING!!
1 2 3 4