Modern Family

Send Out the Clowns

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 14, 2012 on ABC

5.7
  • 3.18 "Send Out the Clowns"

This was a pretty solid episode of Modern Family. The cast was at its best as always. Although the writing was not exactly "on top". I loved Jay & Gloria arguing over which one of them is cooler according to Manny's friend who was obviously into Gloria and stared right at her cleavage. And how cute is Stella the dog just sitting there and looking around? :) Cam's story was the weakest one in this episode, although a giggled a coupe of times during the scene of him and Lewis performing at the birthday party. Almost didn't realize Lewis was played by Bobby Cannavale. Then there's Phil & his story with another realtor Mitzi Roth (Ellen Barkin) which was funny, but I totally predicted that he would use his son Luke to get exactly what he wanted. And obviously I totally knew that something embarassing would happen to Claire on facebook, so I was not that surprised by her "inappropriate tags". All in all - it was good enough to make me laugh a couple of times, but they can do better. 7 / 10
CW