Modern Family

Send Out the Clowns

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 14, 2012 on ABC

5.7
  • The writing is a little weak but the entertainment is "on top" though

Cam runs into his former clown partner and considers teaming up with him again, Phil gets into some serious real estate competition, Jay and Gloria have suspicions when Manny makes a new friend, and Claire is desperate to be accept by Alex and Haley on Facebook. I thought that this was a great episode of "Modern Family". It's enjoyable for the most part and well uh... yeah, it's just enjoyable. I can't say that the writing for the storylines in this episode were strong because it was a little weak in my opinion. The writing is pretty good though but it's just NOT strong or on "top of it". Each storyline does provide some good amount of humor for me to enjoy and each storyline provides at least one or two boring scenes each. The funniest part of the episode is probably when Cam and his clown friend were performing at that birthday party towards the end of the episode... that part was surely the highlight of the episode. Characters in this episode are a little bit annoying but yeah. So to finish up my review... this episode is enjoyable and has a great premise for each storyline but the writing is not so strong and each of the storylines do have its moments of being boring in about one or two parts. Overall, a great episode of "Modern Family".... enjoyable but the writing got a little weak here. 8.5/10
CW