Modern Family

The Bicycle Thief

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Sep 30, 2009 on ABC

7.2
  • Phil gets Luke a bike

Before I start, I think was the second episode but it's the third episode of the Season 1 DVD. A very funny episode that focused on parenting, relationships and limits. A continuing theme was Phil missing up but trying to fix it without Claire finding out and even lieing about it as not to make her more mad. When Phil does this, I think he does it because not because he is a bad husband, but he is trying to be a perfect husband. The scene with the attractive neighbor are great. Obviously he is attracted to her, but doesn't want to be. Another good part was seeing Jay and Manny together. In these scenes, I can see a little Al Bundy in Jay. One of my favorite parts of the episode was seeing Jay lieing to Manny to protect not only Manny's view of his father but his feelings as well. At the end of the show, it seemed like the realtionship was starting to improve. I also enjoyed seeing Cameron, Mitchell and their daughter together at the kids play thing. Seeing Cameron talk "normal" was great. When the flamboyant couple come in and Cameron's reaction was laugh out loud funny. A very solid episode.