Modern Family

The Incident

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 14, 2009 on ABC

6.9
  • "I gave her a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings and she gave me a hint."

Another excellent episode by Modern Family. Looking back on some of the previous episodes, I probably could've rated them lower, because this was definitely stronger than last week's.. and that's saying a lot, because last week, in my opinion, was a great episode. However, with this episode, we get some backstory, some old family footage (including a hilarious home video of Cameron on an exercise machine, looking enraged) and some great interactions between the cast.

Everything starts when Dede, Claire and Mitchell's mother returns for the first time since they had the "incident." And seeing the incident for yourself, along with all of the talking heads of the family explaining what they were thinking at the time, is the way to go.. me explaining would ruin it. Anyways, she comes to apologize to Gloria, who was deeply offended by her, and in doing so gets the family all riled up.

This episode was in the vein of last week's, where all the plots came to tie together in the end. Everybody in the family was interacting with one another and with Dylan's monologue at the end, we were reminded of how eclectic and dysfunctional the family is.. of course he ruins his heartfelt monologue with a song that steals the entire episode.

With Benjamin Bratt and Edward Norton agreeing to appear on the show, it appears the show is only going to get better with time.
MNT