Modern Family

Truth Be Told

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 10, 2010 on ABC

• VERY GOOD

Phil and Clare was funniest followed by Jay and Manny and then third Mitchell and his boss.

But im afraid Gloria and Cam had nothing to do with the story :(
  • The Truth Can Hurt

That is what Modern Family discovers in this episode.

Claire's reading of the person's posts was hilarious.

It was a pretty good episode.
  • Telling the truth.

This was another enjoyable episode. Like I said before I have always liked when we find out about someone's past. I think it's funny that Claire was originally right about Phil's old girlfriend. It was funny how uncomfortable Phil was around his old flame while Clare didn't know. I also liked the Jay and Manny story. I thought it was interesting how Jay tries to cover his tracks when he accidentally kills Manny's pet. Jay's story has some truth to it and shows he doesn't want to hurt Manny's feelings. When Jay comes down and Manny flashed the light in Jay's eyes was classic sitcom. The third storyline with Cameron and Mitchell was good but as good as the other two. However, I still liked when Mitchell stood up his boss. It was funny after his quit and had to take back his cup and key. The names of Mitchell's former pet names and Jay not coming to the solution that his son was gay. This was enjoyable episode that you will like.
  • Flysa Minelli and Shel Turtlestein.

What a great episode of Modern Family. Here, we're given three equally powerful and funny plots that all find a way to work, plus a great guest appearance by one of my favorite TV actresses: Judy Greer.

This week's episode was about lies (At first, I thought it was kind of lame how this show focuses on a similar theme every week, as it takes away from the realism, but watching a mockumentary expecting things to seem real is a bad idea; that's what the word "mock" is there for). Phil is forced to deal with an ex-girlfriend (played by Judy Greer, who acts a lot like her character Kitty from Arrested Development without the whole "flashing" thing..) who wants to hook up with him again, Mitchell and Cameron deal with the possibility that Mitchell's boss overheard Mitchell bad-mouthing him, while Jay has to lie to Manny about killing his turtle, Shel Turtlestein. I've been harsh about Modern Family sometimes having plots that aren't funny, but the last two weeks have definitely been exceptions. I've enjoyed watching how each family deals with their respective crises.

And with Mitchell and Cameron, we're given our first possible plotline that can be picked up in later episodes. Usually, it feels as if each episode is separate from every other one, but Mitchell quitting his job seems like something that can be focused on more in future episodes. And I have to throw in one more thing: Jay's "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" poster with the random tree in the center made me laugh every time it was brought up, and the stories behind that poster were just great.

Modern Family has had some pretty great episodes as of late. Some people complain about the guest-star appearances, but I've only had a problem with one of them (Edward Norton.. sort of weird stunt-casting). Everybody else has been superb and has meshed really well with the cast. There's some rumors of the actress from Precious being lured into a guest role, and I have to say, that would be great. Another home run for Modern Family.
  • Truth be Told

Two very generic sitcom storylines tonight and that is why a five out of ten score for this episode is more than generous. The first featured the ex-girlfriend returning, claiming to have moved on, but then she moves in on the man. Nobody was shocked here, and Judy Greer did not exactly liven up the show while she was on, although it is kind of hard to make an impact in just a few minutes of screen time. The other cliche was the father accidentally killing the kid's pets. Does this really happen so often that every family sitcom needs to recreate it?
CW