Modern Marvels Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on The History ChannelIn Season

I can't believe some of the subjects that they cover on this show

Miracleman1

[1]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 8

The other day I was surfing through the guide on my cable system when I saw that Modern Marvels was on. So I clicked on it to see what the subject was, only to find out that the subject that it covered was the history of bricks.

"Bricks?" I said to myself. "You've gotta be kidding me? How are they gonna fill up an hour on the subject of bricks, much less make it interesting?" So more out of suspense as to how they where gonna pull it off, than due to any sort of interest in bricks, I decided to watch. And by golly, after an hour of watching, they actually managed to pull it off. I actually cared about the history of bricks.

At this point I believe that they could probably do an episode on the history of dirt and still make it interesting.

Hats off to the people behind this show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

guytwo

[2]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    I saw that episode as well and agree with your comments. They do a very good job, and brick collectors? Who woulda' thought.

KRAYON13

[3]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    Anyone know how to edit crew information? The writer listed for Modern Marvels: Truck Stops is not accurate. It should be Kaylan Eggert.

Zc456

[4]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 1
    I saw that episode. Try this: "Underwear."

MajLorne

[5]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 21
    Lol, now they are copying Nat Geo. As much as I love documentaries, there has to be a limit to how many times the same subject can be covered over and over again.

This show has a LOT of episodes, they don't have to keep making new episodes every week or such. Just go back to the archives and reair the old shows again.

Speaking of such, wow was I lucky I found out they aired the WTC episode [maybe last month I think]. I thought they'd never air it again.

MajLorne

[6]Apr 18, 2014
    • level: 21
    Man, what's going on with this show? The last recent episodes have been countdowns. Have they finally ran out of ideas/stuff to cover? It's a shame too as I used to like the show, but it seems like there hasn't been anything worthwhile to cover. I mean they could do sequels to Las vegas hotels and Roller coasters given the newer stuff that has been built since their respective episodes aired. I mean coin operated 2 was terrible because most of it had nothing to do with machines (slot machines spitting out tickets and collecting coins in a cave). If they had a sequel like that, then they can come up with some other better sequels.