Moesha Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

the finale

THEICE

[1]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 12

Who thought  the finale was great????? I liked it. Why did it end tho' when it was getting good.

By the sixth season, Moesha seemed to become a full-blown melodramatic sitcom. As a result, some Moesha purists have labeled the series as a "dramedy." In the final episode of the season, it was revealed that Myles was kidnapped by a rival of Dorian and an unknown pregnancy test found in the trash at Moesha's dorm. A seventh season of the show was planned, but UPN let the series go as ratings continued to decline from Season 5. Many viewers were simply unforgiving of the Secrets and Lies episode that made Dorian an out-of-wedlock child of Frank. Entertainment Weekly reported that certain plots were to be resolved on The Parkers even with Ray J joining the cast, but to no avail. A movie was rumored to also be planned to end the series, but Lamont Bentley unexpectedly died in a car accident in January 2005. Therefore, the show ended on a cliffhanger, never to be resolved.

Edited on 08/21/2006 2:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eddie2000

[2]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    It ended because ratings were very low at that time so the network decided to cancel it. Therefore, the cliffhanger was never resolved.

terryjohnson16

[3]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 5
    People said it went down, when Frank told Dorien he was his father. Also it could have been that the show wasn't focussed on Moesha anymore like it did before Dorien became apart of the cast.  I also heard(rumor), that Brandy didn't want to do the show anymore since she got tired of her character. I don't know if that is true or not.

I like season 4 through 6 better, plus, she did a better opening credits act, for season 4 through 6.

Mariposa-Blaze

[4]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 4
    I liked this episode too.  I just wish there was a script or something we could read to find out what happened?

GSU2004

[5]Sep 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    THEICE wrote:

Who thought the finale was great????? I liked it. Why did it end tho' when it was getting good.

By the sixth season, Moesha seemed to become a full-blown melodramatic sitcom. As a result, some Moesha purists have labeled the series as a "dramedy." In the final episode of the season, it was revealed that Myles was kidnapped by a rival of Dorian and an unknown pregnancy test found in the trash at Moesha's dorm. A seventh season of the show was planned, but UPN let the series go as ratings continued to decline from Season 5. Many viewers were simply unforgiving of the Secrets and Lies episode that made Dorian an out-of-wedlock child of Frank. Entertainment Weekly reported that certain plots were to be resolved on The Parkers even with Ray J joining the cast, but to no avail. A movie was rumored to also be planned to end the series, but Lamont Bentley unexpectedly died in a car accident in January 2005. Therefore, the show ended on a cliffhanger, never to be resolved.

I actually got a chance to watch the entire last season in syndication recently and I personally had no problem with it.  Sure enough it did stray away from the original premise of the series but Moesha and the gang were growing up and the show had to also.  I think the 8pm timeslot was not appropiate for it.  They should have moved it to a later timeslot as it was trying to attract older viewers.  I think they could have focused more on their lives in college sort of like a 2000 version of A Different World.  They never should have brought on Ray-J.  He kills shows look at what he did to One on One. 

dacableguy

[6]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 21
    exactly! ray-j is a little series killer!

skyvolt2000

[7]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 27
    The series suffered the greatest decline in ratings of any show following its fifth season according to Entertainment Weekly's listing of the ratings that year. The Dorian storyline killed the series and many used Moesha for thier bathroom break before the Parkers aired.
    Also Moesha's series creator did not approve of the storyline and was let go. She focused her work on The Parkers and made sure no one mentioned Meosha's final season. We saw Hakeem in one post Moesha episode and Myles nor the Mitchels were mentioned. In fact they were even at Niki's wedding.

classgrad08

[8]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 1
    By the end of the sixth season, the show was playing itself out and the producers were unsure of where to go with the show. Making matters worse, Brandy herself was tired of Moesha and her immaturity. When Brandy found out about the cancellation, she was more excited than disapointed.
    Edited on 10/14/2006 6:03pm

dacableguy

[9]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 21
    i still think ray-j is a little series killer. he killed moesha and then murdered one on one.

GSU2004

[10]Nov 20, 2006
    skyvolt2000 wrote:
    The series suffered the greatest decline in ratings of any show following its fifth season according to Entertainment Weekly's listing of the ratings that year. The Dorian storyline killed the series and many used Moesha for thier bathroom break before the Parkers aired.
    Also Moesha's series creator did not approve of the storyline and was let go. She focused her work on The Parkers and made sure no one mentioned Meosha's final season. We saw Hakeem in one post Moesha episode and Myles nor the Mitchels were mentioned. In fact they were even at Niki's wedding.

EW also reported that loose ends of Moesha were supposed to be resolved on The Parkers.  However, it never happened.  I think the cast and crew of The Parkers didn't want to deal with Brandy as she fell out with Countess Vaughn and Sara Finney.  I wish that they could have used the appearence of Hakeem to tie up the loose ends, they could have worked with it if they really wanted to.

ClaudeLv250

[11]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 4
    Brandy and Countess made up a long time ago. It was a generally short fued. I heard it was the producers who said that they had their own storylines to tie up, rejecting the idea of tying up the loose ends in Moesha. Besides, it's not like Brandy hadn't been on The Parkers before.

GSU2004

[12]Dec 29, 2006
    classgrad08 wrote:
    By the end of the sixth season, the show was playing itself out and the producers were unsure of where to go with the show. Making matters worse, Brandy herself was tired of Moesha and her immaturity. When Brandy found out about the cancellation, she was more excited than disapointed.

In her 2002 interviews with various magazines, she stated it was a blessing in disguise as she was ready to break away from the character.

chanelissweet

[13]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 29
    i didn't want the show to end

THE_WARNED55

[14]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 11
    ray-j is the reason this show was cancelled. Just like one on one.

terryjohnson16

[15]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    Moesha's ratings dropped when they put an irony in the story, by having Frank say that he was Dorian's father rather than his uncle. That made Frank lose himself, and drop how people saw him as a father figure in season's 1 to 4.

Kadodian

[16]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    This show should not have ended !

ddebenedictics

[17]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2

How could they end the show with such a

major cliffhanger like that? Now we'll never

know what happened to Myles.

Edited on 02/20/2008 11:45am