Moesha Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

Why didn't Immature every guest star on Moesha?

nyfan

[1]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 20
    I wonder why didn't the group that gave Brandy her start as a backup singer Immature (later IMX), or at least one of its members ever guest star on Moesha.

Was their any bad blood between Brandy and one of the members of the group, was it because Marquous Houston aka Batt Man was a regular on the WB's Sister Sister, or it just never happened.

If it there was some unwritten UPN / WB rule, the stars of one network can't guest star on the other network sitcoms, it didn't stop Shar Jackson from guest starring on the WB's Steve Harvey Show, or from Merlin Santana from revising his old Moesha role in the episode Independence Day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jjackson411

[2]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 19
    I suspect there was some bad blood between Brandy and Immature. Don't quote me on that though, that's just my opinion. I remember watching Vh1's "Drvien," and Brandy's mother was upset with Immature's manager (Chris Stokes, who also manages B2K) because he wouldn't put Brandy out front. She was just a background singer, and that's not what she or her family wanted for her. So they parted ways. And come to think of it, you never see Brandy and IMX together (at least I haven't). I'd think they'd at least be cool with each other if there were no hard feelings, which is another reason I think there was a riff between them.

nyfan

[3]Jan 31, 2006
    If Brandy did do a few guest spots on One On One. She might have bumped into Marquous "Batt Man" Houston. His show Cuts is shot right next door to One On One. (Don't quote me on that either. Most spinoffs are shot right next door to their parent shows)

Brandy and Immature were both musical guests on the first season of Nickelodeon's All That. I bring that up, because they tape all of a particular season's musical preformances in one or two days. So Brandy and Immature might have had to be on the same set when they were musical guest on that program.

Off topic, but did Romeo and Heavy (I don't know their real names) do any acting gigs, or was that just something Marquous Houston did.
    Edited on 01/31/2006 3:39pm
    Edited 3 total times.

nyfan

[4]Jan 31, 2006
    I am looking at Brandy's first album cover, and looking at thank yous. I don't see Immature there.

She did thank a lot of people, so maybe I missed them.

It was a good 3 years between Brandy singing backup with Immature and the release of her first albums. Traditionally on their first albums, artist and bands thank everyone that gave them a break. Singing backup for Immature consituts a break.

So maybe there was bad blood. But you would think even that was the case, she would at least thank them on her first album, just out of courtesy. I have seen people thank people, we find out later they hated the 2nd persons guts on albums.

But I respect the fact, Brandy did not want to be a phony.

JazzyOne06

[5]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 16
    I think there was some beef between them.

chanelissweet

[6]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 29
    what episode did they appear on