Moesha

UPN (ended 2001)

Moesha Fan Reviews (24)

• One of the greatest tv shows ever watched

When I first saw it, I really thought it was a Nickelodeon show, but after watching all the episodes, "Moesha" has been one of my top favorites. I love the show! Cool characters, awesome music and epic plot.
  • Moesha fan

Moesha was a TV series that gave an enormous influence in my life! This show helped me to be good in terms of decision-making and it was really a good sitcom for all ages to watch. For all those who think this is not a good series, you better think twice. Moesha was more than just a sitcom. It brings good messages to everyone. I watch again all the episodes of this show from the DVD set I purchased from dvdbooth .com . It was high rated quality DVDs which has been part of my treasured collections. Yes, you read it, this kind of show is really a treasure because it's a pretty good sitcom that is commendable for all the viewers out there!
  • Moesha Deniese Mitchell is teenager who soon became an adult, learning various issues to do with love, sex, relationship and family. Following her mothers death Moesha looked after her father Frank Mitchell and brother Myles Mitchell. Until Dee Mitchel.

I use to watch this show when I was younger and when it was still airing. My mom and I use to watch this series, sometime together and/or with others. I love the singer Brandi, which is why I started watching the series but after a few episodes, I realize it was a really good show. I was sad they ended it after years of great acting and writing but everything must came to an end at one point or another I guess. I'm just glad that I was able to watcch the episodes I could catch. To anyone who haven't seen this series I suggest you do so because it really that good during the time it was airing. Full with drama, comedy and real life issues. Good luck at finding it and enjoy.
  • This show is about the R&B singer Brandy and her made-up family. It follows her character through her adolescent and college years and ups-and downs.

I absolutely looove this show and is one of my favorites.

This show is hilarious, funny, and off the chain and comes

up with these genuine episodes and sketches that make me

watch the reruns everyday. I watched it when it was still

playing and going through the motions. Brandy makes this

show all the more worth while to watch. I recommend it and

recommend the DVDs and videos.
  • -

This is definitely one of my favorite shows of all time. As a young Black female, it\'s great to see someone I, along with other young Black females, can look up to and relate to. The show dealt with some very controversial issues and really hit home with Moesha\'s different experiences both negative and positive.
    I am so glad the N still shows episodes of this.
  • This was a great show it was on for 6 years. I don’t know why it got put off the air.

It was one of the best shows on television at one point. I didn’t like the way it ended, because Miles was kidnapped, they never said what happened to him, and someone in Moesha’s college was pregnant and they never told you who it was. I think if they had just come back for a 2-part series finale everything would be fine. Now they can’t even do that because (sorry to say) Lamont Bentley was in a car accident. But even though he is dead they can come back for a reunion and do a tribute to him and his family. Moesha will always be a great show even if the show ended on bad terms.
  • Love It

R.I.P Lamont Bentley before i start this off the show was coo it would have been beter if the last episode ended better brandy and all of the cast members was great i love watching it on the N or anyother Channel it boost my spirit it's something that you will always remeber
  • ONE OF THE BEST FAMILY SHOES ON T.V. EVER!

Moesha was one of the best family shows ever and i will always remeber this show because of the emotions it brung everytime that i viewed it. I'm sure that i'm not the only one who feels like that. Even though the show did not leave on a good note it still was a great show and forever i'm gonna watch... reruns that is!
  • My hero

Moesha is a great series that i love to watch on inspires me to be a writer,actress,and you Moe
  • Way to go!

One of the first shows to hit UPN, this was an amazing show. I loved Brandy's character, Moesha, and the trials she faced being a teenager in L.A. Compared to most shows, the show was real in the way that it portrayed teenage life. Whether it was boyfriends, friendships, jobs, arguments with her parents, being bugged by her younger brother, partying, or getting a tattoo, Moesha went throught it all, and she always found a way out of her problems - writing about it in her diary. The show started out as a comedy with mild drama, but as it progressed, it focused more on the dramatic viewpoint, especially when Brandy's brother, Ray-J, joined the cast as D-Money. Not to say that his storyline wasn't interesting, but it just seemed the show focused on him too much at times. After all, it was called "Moesha," not "D-Money." Focusing on Ray-J's character just made it seem like he was riding Brandy's coattail to get his big break in TV. But regardless, the show was good from beginning to end, and it's one I don't mind watching in syndication day after day.
  • A Growing Adult: Moesha

This show highlights the celebrity we know as Moesha. I watched this show a LOT. It was very appealing as a young female growing up, and this is what this show highlighted: issues on love, growing up as a young adult, dating Hakeem, and having occasional disagreements with sophisticated and laidback parents named Dee and strict Frank. Moesha was stylish, shy, sometimes outgoing, casually funny, and I always looked up to Dee for some reason. All I know is this is a show you HAVE to watch... it's a good family show.
  • Good Show

Despite Brandy being the star, it was a great show. Funny, timely and relevant to it's target audience. Countess Vaughn and few others were the bright spots on the show. Even Frank with his square fro was at times funnier than the star. But Brandy wasn't completely abysmal as the lead. She played the straight character very well, but I'm not sure if that was intentional. Brandy has said that she regretted playing such a goody goody role. I think that persona was beneficial to all the young girls that watched this show. Lord knows we didn't need another bad teen role model to emulate.
  • I loved watching this show back in the day. It gave me something good to watch.

This show really showed the teenage life. To all the trails and tribulations to all the fun activities. Brandy really did a great thing with this show. I love that they had the real singer, Brandy, sing on the shows. The theme so is a memorable one too. The show reminded me of a soap opera. With all that drama with Dorien and her faher. This show was great.
  • I Love MOESHA

I love Moesha. It was the first show that brought UPN's brand name into households each week. It starred R&B diva/actress/Grammy Award-winner Brandy as Moesha Mitchell, a young girl growing up in L.A. juggling school, family, friends and relationships. It was a very popular show and lasted on UPN for six seasons. Although drama behind the set resulted in the demise of the series, the show still continues to have a strong fanbase. I wish the network (and Brandy) would get together to resolve the loose ends left behind in the series finale.
  • Gave UPN its name brand

Moesha made UPN who they are today. Prior to this show premiering in mid season of 1996, nobody cared for or even heard of UPN. This show made UPN popular in the black community and has provided the success of other black shows such as Girlfriends, One on One and the Parkers.

Moesha wasn't a cookie cutter teen sitcom, it dealt with real life and real issues. Something you won't find on Saturday morning T-NBC. The setting was in an urban environment without the typical stereotypical elements one would expect on a show such as this. There was no gold teeth, no bling bling or hoodrats.

• Up in morning starting a new day, it's me, it's me. Now realizing my responsiblities, it's me. Mo to da E to da.

This was definiately one of my favorite shows from the 90s. I was disappointed that it didn\'t get a proper finale. They left us with the cliffhanger of someone being pregnant(probably Moesha) and Miles being kidnapped.This show not only dealt with teen issues but issues that affected the urban youth. I'm glad the re-runs are back on TV.
  • good

I really like this show. It is funny, dramatic, inspiring, exciting, depressing, and uplifting. There are so many twist and turns in this series. Like in many series, I liked the younger episodes better. In the older ones, the show becomes more dramatic while in the earlier ones the shows are more comic based except for episodes about Moesha's mom who died. I can not believe Lamont Bentley, who plays Hakeem Campbell died about a year ago. That is so sad because I really liked him in the show.
  • Moesha is a really great show and its really enjoyable!

Just like most other shows i started watching the spinoff of this~THE PARKERS first lol! Then they started airing this show again and i started to watch this show and this is a really great show! I watch it everyday and its really great show if you need a laugh--just look out for kim lol she can really make you laugh!
  • An urban teen, Moesha (played by Brandy) goes through the trials and tribulation in the Los Angeles area.

I love this show!! This is one of the shows, that I have seen every episode. I think this show was not only a boost for Brandy\'s hot career, but a show that really represented an African-American family in the 90\'s and early 2000. I am so mad that the show was cancelled abruptly.
  • Moesha is a show about a girl, which is famous R&B singer Brandy Norwood (Have You Ever, The Boy Is Mine) and star from "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer". The show is about her and the family.

7.6
    "Moesha" is a great show i remember watching it on TV when I was younger. It was one of my favorite shows. It is no longer on air in my area and i would really love for it to come back. This show is awsome with all it's ways. It is funny, if you like "Moesha" you'll love "The Parkers".
  • Love Brandy, Love Moesha

7.6
    Life-time friends Moesha, and Hakeem fall for each other eventually. We all saw that coming from season 1. It's nice seeing friends who have been through everything together eventually fall in love. Friends that butt into your business, and you may hate them for it at the time, but love that they care enough to do so in the first place. It's not only the tight friendships but the crazy cast on Moesha that draws you in. Everyone wants a friends like Kim. Crazy, honest, and there for you when you need them. Ray J played at least two other roles before becoming the "cousin", later on brother of Moesha. I think that life changing episode (Where they found out that Frank was not Dorian's uncle, but father.) showed that no matter what happens, family stick together. (As it happens, Moesha's parents were split up at the time, which doesn't excuse his behavior, but it is very different from adultery in my opinion. It says that Moesha's mom was the one who left, and Frank didn't know if she was coming back. And she threatened to leave him if he had kept Dorian, so he put Dorian in a loving environment and provided for his family) To me? That's a strong man. Call it what you will but I admire all he did/does to keep his family together).
  • Why did it have to end so fast.

Why did it have to end like that i'm so mad.
  • Moesha- Good until the very end!

6.4
    Moesha was a show about a African-American teenage girl going through life in the outskirts of L.A. Brandy was the star of the series, having the title role, but the scene were stolen by the supporting cast, especially Countess Vaughn in the role of Kim. The cast consisted of: Moesha's father, Frank; her stepmom, Dee; her brother, Myles; her friends, Kim, Niecy, and Hakeem: and their friend and owner of the hangout The Den, Andell. The show addressed many topics, including: drinking, date-rape, homelessness, and violence. The show took a hit when Countess Vaughn, and later Yvette Wilson, who played Andell, left the show to go to the spinoff, The Parkers, at the beginning of the fifth season. Ray J, Brandy's brother joined the cast in Season 5. The show ratings went downhill after that and the show was canceled in 2001.
  • mo to the, e to the! M-O-E-S-H-A!

6.2
    Moesha was a really good show when first started. its like a pot of soup but with the jokes as carrots and the actors' personalities as the spices. lol, i rally liked this show. kim was always my favourite character. i liked neicy aswwell. Miles was annoying, as is all little siblings. this show did show all emotions. happiness, anger, pain, laughter....