Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

100th episode=100th case??

dancer56

[1]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 4

in the summary of mr monk and the big game it says he has solved 104 cases for the police department so why in the 100th episode it says he is celebrating solving his 100th case??

am i missing something??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheep233

[2]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 22
    That's interesting, but i can't explain it.

BTRAV

[3]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 27
    Just another screw-up, I guess. There's been a lot of that going around.

kravitzfan12

[4]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 34
    My guess is that they are using the stand-point that it's the 100th case we've seen him solve. I mean, I assume he solves many cases when he was an actual police detective and not a consultant.

UltimatePyro9

[5]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 36
    Maybe its another plot detail the writers choose to ignore.

Mageta44

[6]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    My guess is that they are using the stand-point that it's the 100th case we've seen him solve. I mean, I assume he solves many cases when he was an actual police detective and not a consultant.

But not even that would be true.....there have been some two part episodes meaning we have only seen him solve around 95 cases...

qertvbnpop

[7]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    well, the characters on the tv show would be celebrating the 100th case, but in reality its the 100th episode. its just the show making a point that they've gotton to 100 episodes. the characters cannot tell the viewers straight up that its the 100th episode, so they indirectly say it by saying its the 100th case. but the viewers pick up that its the 100th episode.

tenorsax91

[8]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 1

The 100th episode is about something Monk finds wrong with the 100th case he solves. Not the 100th case itself. He goes back and tries to solve it AGAIN in this episode, because some of the facts don't add up. My guess is that his 100th case is one that has never been shown on the TV show, so it's really a brand new one for us to see.

Something I find interesting is that they are bring Linda Fusco and Jimmy Belmont back. Two peple who had previously been arrested for murder on the show. Maybe that hints at plot details for the 100th episode.

Edited on 08/22/2008 3:47am

hapat

[9]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 14
    Yeah he probably goes to jail and sees them along the way or something.

dman_dustin

[10]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 8

Mageta44 wrote:
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    But not even that would be true.....there have been some two part episodes meaning we have only seen him solve around 95 cases...

Don't forget though, in some cases he solves more than one case (ususally because they're connected) in an episode.

kanniballl

[11]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    dman_dustin wrote:

Don't forget though, in some cases he solves more than one case (ususally because they're connected) in an episode.

As someone else said, this is about him going back to one of his old cases (his 100th) when he learns he might have been wrong as it was just part of a news piece.

There are a few reasons why it would be coming "now"

• Magazines and news pieces on the TV are sometimes a little behind. Sometimes they need something for a story and look back at what they missed.
      • So maybe some writer or editor notices "Hey, we haven't done a background piece on Adrian Monk in a while, and he's been in the news, so let's do a piece about him." And during this time they talk about his old cases.
    • Depending on how they present it, a successful case might be one where the criminal is in jail via plea bargain or conviction. As many trials take a while to start and can last for weeks/months it's possible that some of his foes aren't convicted yet making his "official" count lower than the viewer knows.
    Edited on 08/26/2008 8:39am