TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Anyone else think Monk is starting to go downhill?

CoolUserName

[61]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 7

emily7921 wrote:
    I think it's just as good. I've seen many, if not all, of the episodes from the old seasons, and I keep track of the newer ones also, and I think they're each just as hilarious and funny, yet at the same time, still a good mystery.

I agree, Monk's still as entertaining as ever, which is amazing because it seems like creating such good mysteries every week is very difficult to maintain, and the same can be said of the humor. I can't wait til January 11th for the new eps!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

litegamer91

[62]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 2

I think tonight's episode was proof enough that Monk is still an entertaining program. Season 5 was mediocre, but I've found season 6 to be very enjoyable. If they could just fix the way they tend to throw the endings together (IE: Woah, I've spent all of 5 minutes on this case, but seeing that speck on the wall gave me the answer!), the show could return to its former glories

I still have a great time watching it either way though.

Edited on 01/11/2008 10:27pm

Larexx

[63]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    I'm not sure if the show itself is going downhill. I think perhaps that it just never changes & I'm becoming bored with it. Adrian's phobias used to be funny in the begininng now I found them to be annoying. I still feel it is a good show but I just don't get excited about it anymore.

fallingdown88

[64]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 1
    Whats wrong with the writing is that now, we can figure who did what like 15 mins into the episode. Take the episode where Monk shot Santa, the whole episode was about just a plain vanila robbery (the twist was that someone in a Santa suit was involved). You don't need Monk for this!

Remember the Circus episode where the trainer killed her enemy with a walky talky in the elephant's ear? that was classic! BRING back the writer who did that episode !

ixmattxi

[65]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    litegamer91 wrote:

I think tonight's episode was proof enough that Monk is still an entertaining program. Season 5 was mediocre, but I've found season 6 to be very enjoyable. If they could just fix the way they tend to throw the endings together (IE: Woah, I've spent all of 5 minutes on this case, but seeing that speck on the wall gave me the answer!), the show could return to its former glories

I still have a great time watching it either way though.

I personally don't think that one episode is enough to negate two seasons of crap, unfortunately. However, if they can stick with the trend and incorporate a little more mystery it is a start.

mattgus

[66]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    no i think it is still one of the best. we are use to it now and some of the gags are old...i think showing a flashback to when monk was a cop,rookie in the police academy...am i forgetting one that was done like that?...he would have had to have come up in the ranks to detective...seeing him with a partner in a squad would be a hoot...also having psych ater in the line-up helps...and after some yrs people will be saying that the gags that are so funny on psych are getting old too...both shows have actors that carry huge talent and bring thier parts to life inspite of the lunacy of them both...that for me is why they remain classic. both roles with the wrong actors would come off dumb and dumber and that is not the kind of comedy that i think we respond to on these shows even thou they are jerry lewis type nutty....or better yet peter sellers-like....now that's a compliment.
    Edited on 01/13/2008 3:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

major_csi_fan

[67]Apr 25, 2008

I still enjoy monk alot even to this day i have just finished watching season 6 and really enjoyed it along with season 5, I forgot randy stated he didnt have an uncle but maybe he just didnt want people to know lol i don;t know why he all of a sudden has one.

major_csi_fan

[68]Apr 25, 2008
    forgot to mention sorry for adding another post i dunno how to edit anyway in my opinion monk is more about the how of a murder rather than the who did it. Also i don't remember an episode where monk is only 5 mins into the case and he gets the answer :S

major_csi_fan

[69]Apr 26, 2008

alot of people say from season 5 and 6 the charecters have just become idiots i dnt agree i think monk is just as neat as he first one and as funny and doesnt spend 50 mins about his phobias as some people say , randy is still as funny i thought the one with him drinking all that soda was funny when storrlmayer kept putting holes in it. so far asi think the new seasons of monk are just as good as the old ones