Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Benjy vs. Julie

mnmopper

[1]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    The Sharona vs. Natalie debate has been going on for quite a while and here's something new. Which of their kids was better? I love Julie and Benjy equally and they're both great kids. However I do like the Benjy-Monk interaction better for Monk loved Benjy and saw him like the son he never had. Julie is very kind and sweet, but Monk seems rather impartial to her overall like she's just the assistant's daughter. They do have a few good moments, but it seems like Monk doesn't have that same fondness of her as he has for Benjy. What do you think? Let's keep this limited though to just the kids, there's enough threads for us to talk about the two assistants.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MonicaKeller

[2]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    I liked Julie better. I don't know what it is about her, I just like her better.

JavaJunkie4Life

[3]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 25
    ohh, toughie. i think i like julie better, but i think as far as who mr. monk has/had a better relationship with i have to go with benji. mr. monk was so proud of him, and he seems rather impartial to julie. she's natalie's daughter, not his [which is true, but with benji it was different]. and i know we're not suppose to say which assistant we like better, but it goes along with what i have to say about which kid, so go with me on it...i think as natalie and monk get [romantically? (crosses fingers)] closer in season 7, i think we'll see him get closer with julie as well. in which case my opinion may change.

BTRAV

[4]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 27
    They're about even in my mind.

strategyking92

[5]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    sharona is just annoying,

geoellis2

[6]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 38
    It's not about Sharona. Anyway, Julie as a character has more depth than Benjy. The episode where her boyfriend was an important witness, and the Three Julies, has moved her forward in terms of development. Benjy never got past the 'assistant's kid' role.

heylin_prince

[7]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 20

geoellis2 wrote:
    It's not about Sharona. Anyway, Julie as a character has more depth than Benjy. The episode where her boyfriend was an important witness, and the Three Julies, has moved her forward in terms of development. Benjy never got past the 'assistant's kid' role.

Exactly my reason why. Julie seems to showthe average development that a kid has. Wanting to do something that she is not allowed (mr. monk goes to fashion show), getting a boyfriend(mr. monk and the birds nd the bees) and getting a driver's license (mr. monk and the three julies).

JavaJunkie4Life

[8]Mar 28, 2008
    heylin_prince wrote:

geoellis2 wrote:

Exactly my reason why. Julie seems to showthe average development that a kid has. Wanting to do something that she is not allowed (mr. monk goes to fashion show), getting a boyfriend(mr. monk and the birds nd the bees) and getting a driver's license (mr. monk and the three julies).

i agree. but benji was also like 13 when sharona and him "went to nj". so..how much development can there be from ages 11 to 13? there's no huge milestones..minus puberty of course. but hey..the show is called "monk" for a reason.

heylin_prince

[9]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 20
    JavaJunkie4Life wrote:
    heylin_prince wrote:

geoellis2 wrote:

i agree. but benji was also like 13 when sharona and him "went to nj". so..how much development can there be from ages 11 to 13? there's no huge milestones..minus puberty of course. but hey..the show is called "monk" for a reason.

when julie came along she was probably two years younger and benjy thirteen my first example was when julie was 12 wnating to do smoething she isn't allowed and that was in season 4.

JavaJunkie4Life

[10]Mar 29, 2008
    heylin_prince wrote:
    JavaJunkie4Life wrote:
    heylin_prince wrote:

geoellis2 wrote:

when julie came along she was probably two years younger and benjy thirteen my first example was when julie was 12 wnating to do smoething she isn't allowed and that was in season 4.

i got that. i was just pointing out that julie's doing the whole dating/driving thing, and benji really didn't get to the point of being able to do that. that's all i was saying.

BTRAV

[11]Mar 29, 2008
    Not to mention running away to be in the fashion show directed by the guy who's killing models.

TheAgency

[12]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    Really no indifference between Benjy and Julie except that Julie seems to have lines than Benjy. Probably because she is a little older than him.

polaricegirl

[13]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    hmmm....i think i li9ke bengy better....

BTRAV

[14]Apr 4, 2008
    As to Benjy, I only thought it was funny when Sharona kept saying "How many times do I have to tell you he's not a toy" about Monk and then one time Benjy (or his friend, I can't remember which) said "I think we broke him."

hornerm

[15]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 1

Benjy and Julie

What are the differ between boyhood and girlhood?

Girl have more advanage age then boy at 10 to 14. Boy start around 12 to 16.

I know, becuase I was in Cub Scout leader and helper with Girl Scout.

B4UBlahh

[16]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 13

Julie even though Benjy broke Monk in to able to deal with kids better. so buy the time Julie came around monk showedempathy to Julie when she almost lost her gold fish. Before that monk could even show any to Sharona when they were in a car accident and she hurt her wrist and monk had a pen explode in his pocket. monk does slip in his empathy sometimes but can't remember what episodes or scenes.

Edited on 04/11/2008 2:28am

NevermindTheFog

[17]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    geoellis2 wrote:

I agree, I like Julie

orangerr95

[18]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    Benjy was an annoying little twerp and Julie's a well developed character and has a brain. Nuff said.

qertvbnpop

[19]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    well, being a guy, i have to say julie is better.

ChaosTheory8907

[20]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    I don't really care for either one, but I like Julie better.