Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Benjy vs. Julie

cuteshopper90

[21]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    B4UBlahh wrote:

Julie even though Benjy broke Monk in to able to deal with kids better. so buy the time Julie came around monk showedempathy to Julie when she almost lost her gold fish. Before that monk could even show any to Sharona when they were in a car accident and she hurt her wrist and monk had a pen explode in his pocket. monk does slip in his empathy sometimes but can't remember what episodes or scenes.

that was natalie not sharona
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chin-Inon

[22]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    I have to say I like Julie better, since she seems to respect Monk. Like Btrav pointed out, Benjy seemed to view Monk as a living toy, even commenting on 'breaking him' in one episode.

DonLambo

[23]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    Chin-Inon wrote:
    I have to say I like Julie better, since she seems to respect Monk. Like Btrav pointed out, Benjy seemed to view Monk as a living toy, even commenting on 'breaking him' in one episode.
    Yeah, that's how I see it too. For Benji, Monk was more of a toy. Julie seems to be a lot more mature. In contrast to Benji, she seems to understand the troubles Monk has. Besides that, she seems to be much more integrated in the show, which I enjoy.

Dirk13

[24]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 16
    While some may find this comment cringeworthy because she isnt of legal age yet, she has grown quite attractive (something about her hair is undeniably sexy).

With that being said I think Benji had the better on screen synnergy with him, she just seems bemused by his antics and at times mildly empathetic, but overall it's not as interesting. (gotta feel bad for the kid playing Benji, losing the Monk gig because of Bitty Schram).