Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Captain Stottlemeyer Question

tvfanatic91

[1]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 44
    I have seen a decent amount of episodes and I am a little confused on Captain Stottlemeyer's personal life. Is he married? Was he married? I remember the episode where his girlfriend was the prime suspect but I thought he was married in earlier episodes but I could be wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Teresa1643

[2]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 5

Captain Stottlemeyer was married to Karen (played by Glenne Headley.) She appeared in Mr. Monk and the Very Very Old Man as well as Mr. Monk and the Captain's Wife in season two. In season three she was featured in Mr. Monk Gets Fired. In season four's Mr. Monk and the Captain's Marriage she tells Leland she's filing for divorce. Exit Mrs. Stottlemeyer. They have two sons: Jared and Max. Jared was featured in Ballgame and Captain's Wife (season 2) as well as Mr. Monk Goes to a Rock Concert in season five. Max was only shown in Captain's Wife.

Linda Fusco (Sharon Lawrence), Stottlemeyer's girlfriend, was introduced in the fifth season episode Mr. Monk, Private Eye. We saw her again in the sixth season opener, Mr. Monk and his Biggest Fan. Of course, things didn't work out between them because she later killed a guy in Mr. Monk and the Bad Girlfriend.

Edited on 01/18/2008 2:48pm

tvfanatic91

[3]Jan 18, 2008
    Teresa1643 wrote:

Captain Stottlemeyer was married to Karen (played by Glenne Headley.) She appeared in Mr. Monk and the Very Very Old Man as well as Mr. Monk and the Captain's Wife in season two. In season three she was featured in Mr. Monk Gets Fired. In season four's Mr. Monk and the Captain's Marriage she tells Leland she's filing for divorce. Exit Mrs. Stottlemeyer. They have two sons: Jared and Max. Jared was featured in Ballgame and Captain's Wife (season 2) as well as Mr. Monk Goes to a Rock Concert in season five. Max was only shown in Captain's Wife.

Linda Fusco (Sharon Lawrence), Stottlemeyer's girlfriend, was introduced in the fifth season episode Mr. Monk, Private Eye. We saw her again in the sixth season opener, Mr. Monk and his Biggest Fan. Of course, things didn't work out between them because she later killed a guy in Mr. Monk and the Bad Girlfriend.

Thanks a lot, that cleared it up for me.

newjerseyliz

[4]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    Thanks for posting this question...I came to this forum just to ask the same thing! The captain and his wife seemed to be very much in love so I was surprised to see an episode where he was dating (I'm watching the episodes out of sequence).

tvfanatic91

[5]Jan 25, 2008
    Well just incase you didn't know, Monk airs in sequence at 4 and 5 PM every week day. Right now they are in season 3 andtoday the last episode to airwas Mr. Monk and the Employee of the Month.
    Edited on 01/25/2008 7:30pm

boarder89

[6]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 1
    The Actor that plays Jared Stottlemeyer is Matthew Scott Hill.

boarder89

[7]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 1
    Go to www.imdb.com/name/nm3218565/ to view his imdb page.

m_a_k1985

[8]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 3

He was married before but got divorced...