Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Does Natalie Love Monk

Dinobotsc1

[1]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    Does anyone think that Natalie is in love with Monk? I love Natalie and thinks she treaks Monk way better then Sharona. And in a lot she expresses that she loves him. Does anyone think it will become more or is it just platonic? I for one thinks they are a cute couple.
    Edited on 02/17/2008 9:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Teresa1643

[2]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think she loves him, but she's not in love with him. It's platonic and think it will stay that way.

heylin_prince

[3]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 20
    Well, Teresa1643 hits the nail in the head she doesn't have a crush on him but does love him as a friend.After all, you have to remrmber that Monk needs Natalie 24/7,all that times Monk needs Natalie , Natalie just gets attached to him.

CSI_forever

[4]Feb 18, 2008
    I agree that she loves him--not in-love. And I do not want the show to go in that direction--it would ruin the show. Same with pairing her up with Randy. It's cute if Randy has a crush on her but not the other way around.

geoellis2

[5]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 38
    Yeah, she sort of looks at Randy as an annoying, but charming little brother. Monk, on the other hand, is like a father figure to her. Don't forget, they've saved each other's life a few times now.

ebbydmp

[6]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think she's afraid of losing her job so that means making sure Monk doesn't fall apart again, and if that means being super nice to him she'll do it.

BradvsSheldon

[7]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 31
    I don't know guys, Tony did say in the interview, "Yes, there's a great bit where Natalie sees Monk for the first time in his security-guard uniform, just going, "God, you look great in that," and she becomes kind of fixated on him." So maybe he was trying to spill a little about a possible direction the writers have considered. I mean seriously it did seem like from that moment on, things became more and more as Tony brilliantly put it "fixated" between them. Especially so in Pt. 1 of Monk On The Run. At least that's how I've observed it.

heylin_prince

[8]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 20

ebbydmp wrote:
    I think she's afraid of losing her job so that means making sure Monk doesn't fall apart again, and if that means being super nice to him she'll do it.

well, i dont think she hates working for monk. after all, she seems to care for him more than sharona did to monk.

JavaJunkie4Life

[9]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 25
    BradvsSheldon wrote:
    I don't know guys, Tony did say in the interview, "Yes, there's a great bit where Natalie sees Monk for the first time in his security-guard uniform, just going, "God, you look great in that," and she becomes kind of fixated on him." So maybe he was trying to spill a little about a possible direction the writers have considered. I mean seriously it did seem like from that moment on, things became more and more as Tony brilliantly put it "fixated" between them. Especially so in Pt. 1 of Monk On The Run. At least that's how I've observed it.

yeah, i thought i saw the "fixated" thing too. but then i thought i was reading too much into it, you know? i think it would be super cute if something happened, but then again, it may take away from the show too.

ebbydmp

[10]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    heylin_prince wrote:

ebbydmp wrote:

well, i dont think she hates working for monk. after all, she seems to care for him more than sharona did to monk.

I don't think Sharona didn't like him. I think she didn't baby him like everyone else does to help him get better.

maquilla2001

[11]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    Dinobotsc1 wrote:
    Does anyone think that Natalie is in love with Monk? I love Natalie and thinks she treaks Monk way better then Sharona. And in a lot she expresses that she loves him. Does anyone think it will become more or is it just platonic? I for one thinks they are a cute couple.

Natalie and Monk? No way. Shes too young for him and completely different. Natalie and Randy is much more likely.

maquilla2001

[12]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    She is really nice to him like that because she knows how insecure he is. There is no way she is going to be interested in her father figure monk, especially after being married to the fighter pilot.

MonicaKeller

[13]Feb 21, 2008
    [QUOTE="maquilla2001"]
    Dinobotsc1 wrote:

Natalie and Monk? No way. Shes too young for him and completely different. Natalie and Randy is much more likely.

I agree. I would love to see Natalie and Randy. I do see Monk and Natalie as good friends forever.

neurononsense

[14]Feb 22, 2008
    I agreed with you all that her feelings for him are purely platonic until I started watching the new episode that's on tonight. When Natalie sees Monk for the first time after thinking he's dead, she kisses him all over his face. Yes, I realize that this could just be because she is happy he's alive, but to me it looked like it could be more. I'm not saying she is in love with him. I'm just saying that now I see it as a slight possibility.

BradvsSheldon

[15]Feb 22, 2008
    Guess what guys, I think Tony's secretly a shipper. I recorded the live chat (only for personal pleasure and not to sell or even post on YouTube or anything) but Tony said that he thinks the writers write the tension between them on purpose and that he ventures to guess that we will see movement between them in season 7. So we'll just have to wait and see what movement the writers choose. But I hope it's for them as a couple because I would love to see it happen. She's NOT too young. Not in today's age anyways.

TVsALF

[16]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 4

neurononsense wrote:
    I agreed with you all that her feelings for him are purely platonic until I started watching the new episode that's on tonight. When Natalie sees Monk for the first time after thinking he's dead, she kisses him all over his face. Yes, I realize that this could just be because she is happy he's alive, but to me it looked like it could be more. I'm not saying she is in love with him. I'm just saying that now I see it as a slight possibility.

We also had Natalie fawning over Monk in his security guard uniform.

BradvsSheldon

[17]Feb 22, 2008
    TVsALF wrote:

neurononsense wrote:

We also had Natalie fawning over Monk in his security guard uniform.

Which as I pointed out earlier, was significant enough of a moment for it to make it into an interview and for Tony to not deny it and actually full out affirm it.

Alot of folks think that Monk is the only one who seemingly can't move on, but maybe Nat was seeing a little bit of Mitch in Monk the same way Monk has admitted to seeing Trudy in Natalie at times. And maybe it is the reason she could bring herself to give Monk Mitch's uniform because she trusted him with it. Speaking of the uniform...uh, what exactly happened to it?? Hmm...

Banzaiboy808

[18]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 8

Seems like Sharona was like an older sister and treated Adrian like an annoying little brother...having to watch over him and take care of him. She gets annoyed with him from time to time but supports him and loves him like any good older sister.

Natalie seems like the younger sister who looks up to her older brother...fascinated with her older brother and doing what she can to gain his approval and always proud of him. The level of respect is different than Sharona's as she almost always calls him Mr. Monk. I'm sure they both love him (as do we all) but they are not IN love with him.

(vVv)

Edited on 02/23/2008 12:15am

aslayt01

[19]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    I think that Natalie does love Monk but as a super nice friend.I dont think tahts shes IN love with him. shes been through so much with him and after the seasons-end you could tell that she really cares for him alot and doesnt want anything bad to happen to him. i hope that they dont get rid of her shes they best one.

BTRAV

[20]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 27
    Natalie: *holds up wipe*
    Monk: Why do I need a wipe?
    All Natalie's kissing and wiping it off was kind of awkward, especially since she lead Rollins right to him.