Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Does Natalie Love Monk

shules_luvr

[21]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    hmmm i don't think the question is ..does Natalie love Monk..because of course she does..it's more of a is she In love with him..and that my dear posters is a very good question..lol...i don't know right now i see it going anyway
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JavaJunkie4Life

[22]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 25
    after watching part 2 of the finale, which im about to watch again btw, i think its definately a possibility that something will happen there. i dunno. it'll be interesting to see.

bluerow

[23]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 3

i dont know, i just dont think natalie likes him that way. i think she definetly cares about him, and loves him, but not in that way. however, i do agree with the others who have said natalie and disher, because at least lately theyve had a lot of cute little scenes together. oh and dont forget the wedding episode! remember that when it came down between asking monk and disher to natalie's brother's wedding, she asked disher first, not monk. but what do i know? you tell me what you think....

blue

casualviewer

[24]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 2
    bluerow wrote:

natalie and disher, because at least lately theyve had a lot of cute little scenes together. oh and dont forget the wedding episode! remember that when it came down between asking monk and disher to natalie's brother's wedding, she asked disher first, not monk. but what do i know? you tell me what you think....

blue

Actually, she asked Monk first. Randy invited himself and she suggested two others before accepting his offer.

TheAgency

[25]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 9

It would be hard to believe that Natalie loves Monk because both had thier true loves tragically die to unpredictable circumstances. It would be difficult to see because the passion and devotion that Monk displays from Trudy.

neurononsense

[26]Feb 29, 2008
    TheAgency wrote:

It would be hard to believe that Natalie loves Monk because both had thier true loves tragically die to unpredictable circumstances. It would be difficult to see because the passion and devotion that Monk displays from Trudy.

A lot of people who have experienced this type of tragedy go on to fall in love again. This is not too unbelievable and it does not diminish Monk's devotion to Trudy or that of Natalie to her deceased husband. In fact, this may be the source of an unspoken bond between the two of them.

Personally, I'd like to see them together. I think that would be really cute. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic

TheAgency

[27]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 9
    You make a good argument that two people who experienced great tradegies do fall in love, and it would be nice to see Monk happy again, but Natalie is strictly only friend. SHe loves him, but not in a romantic way.

casualviewer

[28]Mar 2, 2008

TheAgency wrote:
    You make a good argument that two people who experienced great tradegies do fall in love, and it would be nice to see Monk happy again, but Natalie is strictly only friend. SHe loves him, but not in a romantic way.
    And that's exactly how many romances start - as friends. It makes for a much more lasting relationship when you actually "like" the person you're in love with. During part 2 of the finale, Natalie gave me the impression that she was just a little more emotional invested in Monk than just a friend or employee.

neurononsense

[29]Mar 2, 2008

My husband and I were friends for over 7 years before we started dating seriously. Friendships can turn into love.

ixmattxi

[30]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    ebbydmp wrote:
    heylin_prince wrote:

ebbydmp wrote:
    I think she's afraid of losing her job so that means making sure Monk doesn't fall apart again, and if that means being super nice to him she'll do it.

well, i dont think she hates working for monk. after all, she seems to care for him more than sharona did to monk.

I don't think Sharona didn't like him. I think she didn't baby him like everyone else does to help him get better.

Exactly. Sharona didn't cater to his fears or coddle him. From a psychological perspective, the way Natalie treats Monk is the WORST possible thing for him. It enables his disorder where as Sharona, as his nurse, knew better than to do that.

That being said...I really hope Natalie doesn't get together with Monk. The show seems to have done a reverse shark jumping in this half of season 6. The quality is only slightly below that of the show in its prime (where as seasons 5 and first half of 6 was just total garbage). The worst thing they could do after fixing the show is turn around and ruin it again.

kravitzfan12

[31]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 34

I do not think that it would be wise to have Monk and Natalie together romantically. If that did happen, it would show Monk being "over" Trudy, which is something I don't think will ever happen. I think that once someone finds true love, like Monk and Trudy, they are really the only people they will ever love. I don't think Monk will ever be romantically involved with a woman again. I hope not at least. I'm not saying that because I don't want to see Monk happy or progressing, but I think keeping Monk away from woman romantically is a testament to Monk and Trudy's marriage, likewise to Natalie and Mitch.

Tony did say in the live chat that the writers may "toy" with the idea. Quite honestly, I don't mind if they play around with it, but ruining the relationship they have now for a couple of episodes would be a complete waste.

Edited on 03/02/2008 3:53pm

casualviewer

[32]Mar 2, 2008
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

I'm not saying that because I don't want to see Monk happy or progressing, but I think keeping Monk away from woman romantically is a testament to Monk and Trudy's marriage, likewise to Natalie and Mitch.

There is a saying something like "those that have experienced true love and lost, are more likely to find love again." I truely believe that. Loving someone else doesn't degrade or erase the love you once had. In fact, I think it proves just how essential they were in your life and your happiness. Monk would never have wanted Trudy to be alone if he had died and I think he knows that Trudy wouldn't want him to be alone. I'd like to think if I experienced a lose like Monk, that I could find someone else to share my life with and not feel guilty that I no longer valued my first relationship. I never thought for a moment when a friend married after losing a spouse that they had stopped loving their first and moved on, only moved forward.

litegamer91

[33]Mar 2, 2008

Honestly, I have no idea. She clearly has respect for him and looks up to him, but I don't know if she's actually in love with him. Certainly seems to be hinted at.

I don't think we'll ever know. Last Friday's episode could very well have ended the series, and I would be perfectly OK with that. It would be a great and uncomfortable way to go out.

JavaJunkie4Life

[34]Mar 3, 2008
    litegamer91 wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea. She clearly has respect for him and looks up to him, but I don't know if she's actually in love with him. Certainly seems to be hinted at.

I don't think we'll ever know. Last Friday's episode could very well have ended the series, and I would be perfectly OK with that. It would be a great and uncomfortable way to go out.

well unless there's some kind of backtrack, monk has been renewed for a 7th season starting in july. tony shalhoub confirmed it in the live video chat two fridays ago.

iskabibble07

[35]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 13

The network is already promoting the next season to start this summer and one of the networks, I think NBC is talking about picking up the reruns so the show is in good shape.

On the natalie question, all long lasting shows have a family structure. In this show Natalie fills the role of Monk's spouse and mom to the show. The show needs a strong female lead that we like and Natalie brought the show up because sometimes Sharona was not likeable.

Within the plot, the relationship of Monk to Natalie and Julie as father figure is clear. Julie has referred to him as the bravest man she has ever known since her dad and Natalie often has Monk counsel Julie and encourages the two of them to develop a warm relationship. There are frequent instances where Natalie puts her love life on hold to take care of Monk and you often see the 3 of them in home environment together such as when he had the flu. Monk even said that Natalie is like Trudy in a lot of ways and that he is worried about losing Natalie the way he lose Trudy so Natalie has filled that void in his life. While they are smart not to develop a romantic or sexual relationship between them, the love relationship is moving along steadily and that is good for the shows "feel".

garfield2710

[36]Mar 17, 2008
    She loves him. But NOT romanticly speaking. Like a brother or something. I think it would be awkward.

Marie793

[37]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 4

I'm a returning Monk fan, I watched season 1 and 2 and stopped after that because I was disappointed with Sharona leaving. But recently I started watching again and I like Nathalie a lot now, and not that I wanna start the whole Sharona VS Nathalie thing but lets just say Sharona was great but she did leave and I'm surprise to say that I wouldn't want her to come back again and take Nathalie's place, it works fine with her and Monk.

Having said that I started listening again and I've watched season 6, season 5 and now I'm at season 4 , I know I'm strange I'm listening in the wrong order but I wanted to watch season 6 to be up- to-date. After watching all of those shows over a short period of time, I have to say that I do believe that something could be developping between Monk and Nathalie et yes I'm all for it.

There do seems to be some moments , kind of sweet moments and I don't think it's always hinted only at friendship. I've just watched last night the episode where the female judge disappears and a pizza delevery boy is killed and Monk can't help very much because he has the flu and is staying home . Nathalie wants to discover what happened to the young man and she starts investigating on her own and she ends up being at the murderer's house , and the guy tells Monk on the phone that he's gonna kill Nathalie. They end up at the recycling dump to recover the pizza box , the bad guy took Nathalie there because he wants her to find it and Monk shows up and saves her. Then nathalie says something like she's impress because he was able to take a cab in his bathrobe to come and save her and she tells him that her husband was right about something like the great ones can do anything or something like that and I definitly think there's a moment there.

Another moment would be when Monk is in the hospital for his nosebleed, he ends up being severely beaten and he can't talk and the bad doctor gives him the chart of another patient and they're going to give him a liquid that he's deadly allergic to and he tries telling Nathalie but she can't understand him and then when the nurse talks to her and calls him by the wrong name she understands and runs to the room to stop it and and she tells him that everything is going to be alright that she's there for him and again I think there's a moment there, the way they look at each other.

And there's the final two episodes of season 6 when she's so crushed when she thinks that he's dead and so relieved when she finds him again and kisses him all over his face.

So I do think there's a special chemistry between them and not just as friends and I think that if someday Monk is able to have closure with Trudy and catch her killer , I think he would be able to fall for someone again and I hope it ends up being Nathalie. I' m able to wait as long at they hint at a possibility and give them some little moments ...

JavaJunkie4Life

[38]Mar 31, 2008
    Marie793 wrote:

I'm a returning Monk fan, I watched season 1 and 2 and stopped after that because I was disappointed with Sharona leaving. But recently I started watching again and I like Nathalie a lot now, and not that I wanna start the whole Sharona VS Nathalie thing but lets just say Sharona was great but she did leave and I'm surprise to say that I wouldn't want her to come back again and take Nathalie's place, it works fine with her and Monk.

Having said that I started listening again and I've watched season 6, season 5 and now I'm at season 4 , I know I'm strange I'm listening in the wrong order but I wanted to watch season 6 to be up- to-date. After watching all of those shows over a short period of time, I have to say that I do believe that something could be developping between Monk and Nathalie et yes I'm all for it.

There do seems to be some moments , kind of sweet moments and I don't think it's always hinted only at friendship. I've just watched last night the episode where the female judge disappears and a pizza delevery boy is killed and Monk can't help very much because he has the flu and is staying home . Nathalie wants to discover what happened to the young man and she starts investigating on her own and she ends up being at the murderer's house , and the guy tells Monk on the phone that he's gonna kill Nathalie. They end up at the recycling dump to recover the pizza box , the bad guy took Nathalie there because he wants her to find it and Monk shows up and saves her. Then nathalie says something like she's impress because he was able to take a cab in his bathrobe to come and save her and she tells him that her husband was right about something like the great ones can do anything or something like that and I definitly think there's a moment there.

Another moment would be when Monk is in the hospital for his nosebleed, he ends up being severely beaten and he can't talk and the bad doctor gives him the chart of another patient and they're going to give him a liquid that he's deadly allergic to and he tries telling Nathalie but she can't understand him and then when the nurse talks to her and calls him by the wrong name she understands and runs to the room to stop it and and she tells him that everything is going to be alright that she's there for him and again I think there's a moment there, the way they look at each other.

And there's the final two episodes of season 6 when she's so crushed when she thinks that he's dead and so relieved when she finds him again and kisses him all over his face.

So I do think there's a special chemistry between them and not just as friends and I think that if someday Monk is able to have closure with Trudy and catch her killer , I think he would be able to fall for someone again and I hope it ends up being Nathalie. I' m able to wait as long at they hint at a possibility and give them some little moments ...

Ok, you just made my day with your thought process/examples. I'm all for Monk/Natalie too! =] I just think there's something there, something that could evolve into something romantic. I dunno. I just think they would be mad cute together!

nataliemonkfan

[39]Apr 13, 2008

BTRAV wrote:
    Natalie: *holds up wipe* Monk: Why do I need a wipe? All Natalie's kissing and wiping it off was kinI think Natd of awkward, especially since she lead Rollins right to him.

I think Natalie and Monk would make a great couple I think they look adorable together. It would be a great way to end the series. Sorry I just don't see Natalie and Randy together AT ALL. They don't have anything in common. It's just not there. Nat and Monk have more in common. They have a connection.

nataliemonkfan

[40]Apr 13, 2008
    JavaJunkie4Life wrote:
    Marie793 wrote:

Ok, you just made my day with your thought process/examples. I'm all for Monk/Natalie too! =] I just think there's something there, something that could evolve into something romantic. I dunno. I just think they would be mad cute together!
    I agree. I think there is chemistry going on between Natalie and Adrian. I love it and hope it progresses into something serious between them. What a great way it would be to end the series some day, not that I want to see the show end, but when it does I hope it ends with Natalie and Monk together as a couple!