Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Does Natalie Love Monk

JavaJunkie4Life

[41]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 25
    nataliemonkfan wrote:

BTRAV wrote:
    Natalie: *holds up wipe* Monk: Why do I need a wipe? All Natalie's kissing and wiping it off was kinI think Natd of awkward, especially since she lead Rollins right to him.

I think Natalie and Monk would make a great couple I think they look adorable together. It would be a great way to end the series. Sorry I just don't see Natalie and Randy together AT ALL. They don't have anything in common. It's just not there. Nat and Monk have more in common. They have a connection.

I don't see it either..between Randy and Natalie. It's almost like a brother/sister thing they've got going on, if that. I honestly think that the writers are hinting towards Natalie/Monk progression [romantically]..hopefully in season 7 there will be even more progression!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stuksbluegrass

[42]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 3

I agree Natalie loves Monk but could not "be in love" with him. She is very tender and caring ( besides very attractive). I don't feel any sexual energy between any of the current characters. The on set caterer must have put salt peter in the food because they all seem neutered.

legendarylugi

[43]May 5, 2008
    • level: 4

Okay, in the Bank episode, Natalie was SERIOUSLY flirting with Monk, she was hitting on him to the extreme. Natalie was talking about how incredibly hot he looked in that security guard uniform, and pinching his arm, and saying rather mischeviously that she hoped he could keep the uniform when the job was over. And then Monk was like "Are you bantering?" and she stopped and was like "I don't know, maybe a little." To which Monk replied "I don't banter." And you could tell that Natalie was a little offended that he hadn't returned her flirting.

Then in the episode when he was on the run from the police, when she finds out he's alive, she kissed him like 50 times, and they didn't seem like entirely platonic kisses at all.

Plus there was the episode where she told Monk like 4 times that she loved him, (Mr. Monk and the Man who Shot Santa) which she could have meant platonically, but that's not the sense I got from it.

I think it would be great to, down the line, see the 2 of them get together, and be almost sickly sweet together for a few episodes, and things seem to be going fine...but then things start to go sour because he still isn't ready to move past Trudy. So then Natalie and Adrien would break up for a while, until Monk FINALLY solves the case of who killed Trudy, at which point him and Natalie would get back together. That is how I would like to see it happen.

shosho976

[44]Jul 3, 2008

i think she is

Libaax

[45]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    Im not sure if she is in love with him but i dont think he is too old for her.

She is 42 and he is 55 if you by the actors ages. 13 years is not too old.

Lostaddict88

[46]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 1
    I'm not sure what Monk's feelings are for Natalie right now, but I think it's obvious Natalie does love Monk. I don't think they are "in" love, but it does seem like the show is headed in that direction. They're so cute together. I think the series is going to end with Monk finally receiving resolution to Trudy's death, and then he'll have another dream where Trudy tells Monk she wants him to be happy and move on with his life and tells him he has someone who will be there for him no matter what. I think it's hinted at because in the season College reunion episode when Monk is talking to the guy that lost his wife they have the talk where Monk says that they're both destined to be alone and miserable for the rest of their lives..but the other guy actually went on to have a happy family, so I think Monk will find a happy life at the end of the series too. And then the one lady tells Monk maybe he'll meet somebody there and he says he won't, but Natalie comes back for him and grabs his arm. Then there's them frequently always getting mistaken for a couple and Monk and Natalie constantly comparing each other to their former spouses, Monk testing Trudys bracelet on Natalie's wrist in the Bank episode, and Natalie giving Monk Mitch's uniform, which fits him perfectly btw.

So, yeah, I think it's headed that way. But I don't want them to get together unless it's the last ep of the series.

1dreamz

[47]Aug 15, 2008

Okay, I'm coming out of my lurkdom to post. I hope the writers continue to give us pieces of a possible relationship between natalie and monk! I love it!

Did any of you catch the unique wording in the Lotto girl? When monk said she couldn't be his asssistant and the lotto girl. She told him than I'll quit, I quit US!

I thought that wording was very interesting! She didn't Say that she was quiting working for him, she didn't say she was quiting being his assistant...she said I quit us!

And in tonights episode when Natalie was kissing the good looking officer in the Sub. And she pulled away....and said she couldn't. Because she keeps seeing him. Your first thought would have probably been her Husband....but considering that the officer knew her husband....Do you think she might have used his first name Mitch! So I'm wondering if the writers toyed with us some more....and who she really was thinking about was MONK?

Also as a germaphobic...there has been signs from Monk too! He does deal with more touching from Natalie. And also the episode where he escapes before the finale, he does walk over to Natalie and gives her a warm hug. And yes he took her pin...but look at all the stuff he won't do as a germaphobic, that stops him from doing stuff he needs to do. But he gave her a warm hug. I tbink that was a big moment also!

Now the preview for next week......looks interesting with Monk following for another woman!

PikeBishop

[48]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 31

Natalie and Monk falling in love and marrying would wreck the show. That is why I feel that the series will end that way. The final episode will involve Monk solving Trudy's death and getting over some (but not all) of his phobias. He and Natalie will realize their true feelings for one another and it will end with their wedding. Of couse it will end on a light note as one of Monk's phobias makes a comic scene at said-wedding (him refusing to smush the cake in Natalie's face or some other such thing). He can't lose ALL of his "Monkness" or that would preclude any profitable reunion movies in the future.

Some of the my favorite scenes of the Monk/Natalie bond include:

Monk's college reunion. Watch the scene where Natalie comes back to the reunion and gently takes his arm. Look at both of their expressions. You see a genuine warmth and affection that you never saw in any scene with Sharona.

Many have cited the bank episode, and Natalie's gushing over Monk in uniform. That is an important scene, but watch for another one. Watch the scene, where they are trapped in the vault, and Monk puts Trudy's bracelet on Natalie's wrist. That was a truely emotional moment as they both look at the jewelry on Natalie's wrist, and (I feel) foreshadowing of things to come.

The chess master episode where Natalie suddenly says "Kiss Me" for a diversion. Freudian free-association? Perhaps.

Also many posters have indicated that Natalie is "too young for Monk." Hogwash. Natalie is no spring chicken and is pretty much in the same age group as Monk. She has a sixteen year old daughter, which means Julie was born in 91 or 92. Also in the submarine episode she mentions meeting her husband in 1989. Giving her the most extreme benefit of the doubt, that she was an eighteen-year old college freshman who fell for a dashing ROTC naval officer, then Natalie is almost 40. She is not "too young" for Monk.

MCRmy2011

[49]Aug 17, 2008
    Well, said, PikeBishop! I had completely forgotten about the scenes in Mr. Monk's college reunion. I love the Natalie/Monk pairing and hope the writers keep giving us little...snippets...of the shipping!

Bac210

[50]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 2

I wouldn't be suprised if Natalie and Monk gets together. But the only way that they could get together would be if Monk solves Trudy case and it was the last episode. Monk and Natalie are very much the same, but also very much opposites together. If it was the last episode, you wouldn't have the cheesy romance, but still a nice tying of strings. I really hope they do get together though XD

Chin-Inon

[51]Nov 22, 2008

Dang! I had compiled a list of evidence on this subject that had sprung up since Natalie's first appearance on the show, but it's been deleted. That makes me kinda bummed now.

However, yeah: once Trudy's murder is finally solved, I can see them starting to see each other as more than just friends. After all, they can relate to one another in ways no one else could. (i.e, Trudy's murder vs. the mystery surrounding Mitch's death)

PikeBishop

[52]Oct 17, 2009

maquilla2001 wrote:
    Dinobotsc1 wrote:
    Does anyone think that Natalie is in love with Monk? I love Natalie and thinks she treaks Monk way better then Sharona. And in a lot she expresses that she loves him. Does anyone think it will become more or is it just platonic? I for one thinks they are a cute couple.
    Natalie and Monk? No way. Shes too young for him and completely different. Natalie and Randy is much more likely.

Natalie is not "too young" for Monk. Given the timeline of the show, she mentions she met her husband in college in 1989, and given if she was a freshman then, that would put her at 39 at the youngest. She is probably over 40.

PikeBishop

[53]Oct 17, 2009

I have made this point elsewhere in the forums, but I really think the show will end with Monk solving Trudy's murder and he and Natalie admitting their feelings for each other. I don't know if the show will end with a big wedding (which would be kind of cliche but still) I could see Monk getting over a lot of his phobias and issues, but not all of them, as that would preclude any reuninon tv movies.

My biggest evidence for the Natalie/Monk romance

1. The college class reunion episode. Watch when she returns to the reunion and takes his arm, so he is not alone. Look at the facial expressions of both of them.

2. The bank episode, which some have already mentioned, Natalie thinks he looks hot in his uniform and don't forget the scene in the vault, where he puts Trudy's bacelet on her wrist and looks at it. One of the most tender scenes in the show's history.

3. Natalie telling him to "Kiss her" as a cover for their snooping in the Chess master episode.

C'mon don't you want to see them get married and see Natalie "smush" the cake in his face at the reception?

neokid0298

[54]Oct 18, 2009
    PikeBishop wrote:

Natalie and Monk falling in love and marrying would wreck the show. That is why I feel that the series will end that way. The final episode will involve Monk solving Trudy's death and getting over some (but not all) of his phobias. He and Natalie will realize their true feelings for one another and it will end with their wedding. Of couse it will end on a light note as one of Monk's phobias makes a comic scene at said-wedding (him refusing to smush the cake in Natalie's face or some other such thing). He can't lose ALL of his "Monkness" or that would preclude any profitable reunion movies in the future.

Some of the my favorite scenes of the Monk/Natalie bond include:

Monk's college reunion. Watch the scene where Natalie comes back to the reunion and gently takes his arm. Look at both of their expressions. You see a genuine warmth and affection that you never saw in any scene with Sharona.

Many have cited the bank episode, and Natalie's gushing over Monk in uniform. That is an important scene, but watch for another one. Watch the scene, where they are trapped in the vault, and Monk puts Trudy's bracelet on Natalie's wrist. That was a truely emotional moment as they both look at the jewelry on Natalie's wrist, and (I feel) foreshadowing of things to come.

The chess master episode where Natalie suddenly says "Kiss Me" for a diversion. Freudian free-association? Perhaps.

Also many posters have indicated that Natalie is "too young for Monk." Hogwash. Natalie is no spring chicken and is pretty much in the same age group as Monk. She has a sixteen year old daughter, which means Julie was born in 91 or 92. Also in the submarine episode she mentions meeting her husband in 1989. Giving her the most extreme benefit of the doubt, that she was an eighteen-year old college freshman who fell for a dashing ROTC naval officer, then Natalie is almost 40. She is not "too young" for Monk.

Monk wouldn't get over his phobias, but I think Natalie would become his new.... tether to the world, like Trudy was. The death of Trudy caused Monk to spiral down and it was an incredibly traumatic event for his which caused his phobias to magnify their effects on him.

haldrey

[55]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 22
    Of course she does, how else would she put up with him.

jwgrlrrajn

[56]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 23
    haldrey wrote:
    Of course she does, how else would she put up with him.

Your logic, commendable it is, but flawed also.

Argument, the same could be made for Sharona, hmm?

(Forgive please, my Yoda impression)

haldrey

[57]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 22
    Maybe, and maybe they will fight for him at the end.lol

JesseTehSkox

[58]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 5

I just don't understand why everybody thinks the lead characters in every single show need to hook up. I just.....don't. In my eyes it really cheapens the concept of romance. That's what fanfiction is for, guys.

Clearly Natalie loves him. In a platonic way. He's obviously more than just an employer to her now. She cares about him. Just...not like that. There's nothing wrong with that, guys, it's still plenty sweet.

Fun fact: The very first time I saw the show - I believe it was "Mr. Monk Takes a Vacation" - I was under the impression that Monk and Sharona were married. And the show...really didn't make much sense like that.

jwgrlrrajn

[59]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 23
    Well, I don't doubt that Monk and Natalie could eventually end up together, but since TPTB haven't really been hinting towards anything this season (the closest instance being Monk acting like Natalie caught him "cheating on her" with Sharona) I don't really think anything will happen between the two within the lifespan of the show.

Of course, you never know, the writers may decide to drop a bomb on us at the last minute with the whole thing. Just as long as it's only Monk/Natalie admitting that they care more for the other than most people would think, and not anything more than that, I think I could swallow it.

pgsuperfan

[60]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 25
    After seeing Part 1 of the series finale, I think Natalie loves Adrian in a special way. When the doctor told Adrian he was dieing, you could see tears in her eyes