Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Does Natalie Love Monk

natejohnstone

[61]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    There is no sexual tension/chemistry between Monk and Natalie. That's one of the things I LOVE about this show. Many say it can't be done--the leading role "has" to have a romantic interest, right? But Monk has proved otherwise. It also proves that a man and a woman can work closely together, be good friends, and have there be NO sexual tension involved. I really like that aspect of the show, as so many shows these days seem to say that if a man and women work together it's only a matter of time until they have sex.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[62]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 23
    I wouldn't say that there's any tension between the two of them, but I would think that there is some chemistry there. Case in point, in the episode Mr. Monk and the Badge, Monk goes back to the police force and Natalie has to take a job elsewhere. Now it's somewhat obvious that Natalie is having a hard time adjusting to the new job, because she misses working for Adrian. Now, it may be that she just really likes her job, but the fact is that the two of them missed the other's company.

Now I'm not saying that they should get married because they like being around each other. (although that could be a good reason for such a thing) But I will say that I think there might be something deeper there, maybe on a subconcious level. Who knows, now that Monk has finally gotten some closure on his wife's death and he's acting slightly more normal (not normal, but closer than he used to be), it may only be a matter of time before one of them starts noticing that he/she has feelings for the other.

All that said, I'm glad that they didn't pair the two of them up in the series finale, that would have been too cliche. But if they ever revisit the series with a movie or something, the pairing might be a possibility.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.