TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

episode amount and other question

major_csi_fan

[1]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    how many episodes is season 7 of monk seems like only 8 is this due to writer strike, also i heard season 8 is the last one is this true i wonder if they will reveal who killed trudy etc , also i cnt belive they just write stanley kamel out he deserved more than that also y is monk season 8 only going to be episode when other seasons have been doublt that
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Teresa1643

[2]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 5

First of all, Stanley Kamel died last spring which is why Dr. Kroger was written out.

Season seven will continue next week, November 28th, with the holiday episode "Mr. Monk and the Miracle." 7 more season seven episodes will air beginning January 9th 2009. In the summer of 2009 they'll run the first 8 or 9 episodes of season eight. The following winter they'll show the remaing 7 or 8 season eight episodes. The final episode will air in February or March of 2010. That's 24 new Monk episodes.

The writers strike didn't effect Monk too much except to push back their shooting schedule a bit. Usually they would have finished shooting season 7.5 by now, but they still have a couple of episodes to go.

major_csi_fan

[3]Nov 21, 2008
    so is season 8 the final season of monk in a way it is good because we can finally find out what happened to trudy and at least we get 24 episodes for season 8 i just hope it goes out with a bang and the killer doesnt turn out to b dale

Teresa1643

[4]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 5

Just to be clear, we're not through with season seven yet. 8 more episodes for season seven (8 were already shown this summer) plus 16 episodes for season eight (beginning in July 2009 and ending in Feb-Mar 2010) equals a total of 24 episodes we have yet to see. Yes, season eight will be the final season, but there has been some talk of future Monk movies, so I don't think they'll shut the door completely. Trudy's murder will be solved by the end of season eight. So says head writer Andy Breckman.

Dale the Whale? I don't think so, but we'll have to wait and see.

major_csi_fan

[5]Nov 21, 2008
    i am abit disapointed it is ending some ys shows go on for 10+ seasons but it good b4 it got stale or sumthing ^^

BTRAV

[6]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 27
    So it's a new holiday episode next week? Cool. I wonder if Randy still wears that sweater...