Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Favorite episode of Monk?

cato001

[1]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    My favorite episode is Mr. Monk goes to Vegas.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Moonhowler15

[2]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 7
    That was a good one, I'd have to think about it, but I really liked Mr. Monk gets Jury Duty and Mr. Monk stays in bed.

Monk10000

[3]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 13
    My favorite is probly Mr Monk And Mrs Monk
    Edited on 08/07/2006 4:40pm

kkj228elbo

[4]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    I agree with the previous post.  Mr Monk And Mrs Monk had to be my favorite.  It even made me cry!!!!  I loved it though.

secret_samadhi

[5]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    Mr. Monk Gets Drunk was definitely one of my favorites, and Mr. Monk and the Blackout. I loved how no one believed Monk had seen the guy at the wine tasting place and how he got drunk on one sip of wine...haha. The blackout I loved because of the night vision goggles and when the killer's in the house and turns the lights back on, he's all like "Turn the lights back off, I'll have the advantage." I laughed so hard, partly because of how he looked, and partly because it sounded so outrageous.

I agree, Mr. Monk and Mrs. Monk was sad and I loved it. The same goes for Mr. Monk and the Kid (cried my eyes out at the end of that one).

kkj228elbo

[6]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    Okay, I already said Mr. Monk and Mrs. Monk was one of my favorites- but I have to agree- Mr. Monk and the Kid was great too.  I loved it- Although, I think it would of been cool if Monk kept Tommy.  They should have a reunion episode.

dbcsdragon

[7]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 12

I think "Mr. Monk goes to the Office" because it really hit home and "Mr. Monk and the Game Show" because it was just funny. 

cato001

[8]Aug 8, 2006
    I know there r a lot of season 5 bashers out there, but I like "Mr. Monk and the actor". Tony is hilarious in this one.

2monkish

[9]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    I like so many of them so much, it's hard to chose one. I guess "Mr. Monk and the Red Herring" is one of my top favorites, where he meets Natalie. I love to watch it just to get all the facial expressions going on. The acting really is brilliant on this show. Plus, the mystery on that one was good. "Mr. Monk and the Very, Very Old Man" is another favorite. And the ones where Trudy is in it are so touching, like the Cobra one where he's buried (I didn't like that part but it allows Trudy to be with him), and the Game Show showing how he met Trudy's parents. I like how Trudy treated him.

SSJAniFan

[10]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    I liked the Earthquake episode.  I loved how just when he was about to reveal the truth about the case another earthquake happened, leaving him stuck speaking gibberish.  I also really liked Mr. Monk Goes to Mexico.  Nice to meet the Mexican counterparts of Disher and Stottlemeyer.

TVvuer69

[11]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 58
    My favorite was "Mr. Monk and the TV Star".  There were so many in-jokes about the fictional TV series changing their theme song, which was an obvious reference to the original Monk theme being changed from the great instrumental theme from season 1 to that horrible Randy Newman theme they're still playing.  The scene where Monk is pointing out all the continuity errors during the shoot was hilarious.  And Sarah Silverman, who's usually annoying, acutally made a good guest appearance as she displays a funny crush on Monk.  The end credits were actually very good as this time we hear the original Monk theme, a special treat.  Still nice to hear it every now and then, but I still want it back as the opening theme.

garfield2710

[12]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 25
    My top three favorite episodes are Mr. Monk and the other detective, Mr. Monk can't see a thing, and Mr. Monk goes to the carnival.

IsaVauSark

[13]Aug 18, 2006
    Favorite three are as follows:

1. Mr. Monk and Little Monk
    2. Mr. Monk and the Actor
    3. Mr. Monk and the Other Detective

jamer702

[14]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    1. Mr Monk and Little Monk
    2. Mr Monk Cant See a Thing

agiftandacurse

[15]Sep 2, 2006
    There are so many great episodes its too difficult to choose. Its easier for me to say the few I didn't like, very few.
    I didn't like Mr.Monk and Mrs.Monk - ending to depressing, Mr. Monk Takes his Medicine - very funny parts,but again other parts too depressing. Actually I'm not crazy about the episodes completely based around Trudy. Kind of bored of Trudy and wish they would just solve the Trudy mystery and move on with the show already. They can go many other places with the show, they don't constantly need the Trudy mystery hanging on the back burner. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are some who will disagree.

merchantsflea

[16]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 14
    While I don't really think it's the best episode, being a fan of both Monk and Korn, "Mr. Monk Gets Stuck In Traffic" was a treat for me.

Florencia_

[17]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 18

Mr. Monk gets married

It was very funny

emilyrox

[18]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 3
    Loved "Mr. Monk Takes Manhattan" and Mr. "Monk Gets Married" are the best and I do like "Mr. Monk Goes To Mexico"

igf-22

[19]Oct 30, 2006
    My favourite is the pilot episode because it is so perfect. The murder mystery was one of the best if not the best among all episodes so far. Next is garbage strike. I laughed throughtout and actually got pain in my sides for laughing so much.  And ofcourse where he goes to circus and the jury duty.

The ones I dont like are mr. Monk and Mrs Monk and the little kid(too sentimental) and the election episodes which was implausible plus Traylor was very annoying.

maxmet31

[20]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 6
    My favorite episode is Mr. monk and the Sleeping Suspect. Its has a great twist of comedy and a great murder mystery. It kept me on the edge of my seat.