Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Favorite episode of Monk?

delxx69

[21]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 2
    I liked Mr. Monk and the garbage strike because of the way monk reacted to it. He couldn't concentrate or even breathe haha. It was funny how he mailed his garbage to his shrink and the whole city as a garbage dump. Oh, and let's not forget monk trying to clean the city by himself that was hilarious.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LiLi623

[22]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    i like so many!! it's hard to choose...i do have to say though, that Mr. Monk gets a new shrink had me rolling all over the floor. i also liked the episode when he goes to Mexico...ohh there are so many. i can't to watch MR. monk meets his dad, counting the days....

garfield2710

[23]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 25

I have here the list of Garfield2710s most favorite Monk episodes.

10. Mr. Monk meets Dale the Whale

9. Mr. Monk and the marathon man

8. Mr. Monk and the Panic Room

7. Mr. Monk and the Class Reunion

6. Mr. Monk gets drunk

5. Mr. Monk goes to the office

4. Mr. Monk goes home again

3. Mr. Monk goes to Vegas

2. Mr. Monk and the Sleeping Suspect

and the number one favorite monk episode of garfield2710... Mr. Monk goes to the circus.

Edited on 11/15/2006 3:28pm

bobblo

[24]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    Wow, nobody said this episode, but my favorite is "Mr. Monk Meets the Red-Headed Stranger"  I could watch that episode over and over.  It never gets old!

chipee

[25]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 13
    I feel left out of things and a little strange. Of my three favorites, only one person mentioned just one of them (Earthquake) . The three favorites, in no particular order, are:
    1. Earthquake (season #1) -- I particularly liked Sherona's sister, Gail (played by the great Amy Sedaris); and Sherona, Gail and Monk arguing with each other. Also funny the way Sherona picked the wrong boyfriend again.
    2. Monk Takes a Vacation (season #1) -- I liked all the characters and the entire episode. Liked the quirky female hotel security person who learned everything she knew about detecting from movies. The comedian was funny. Sherona's son, who was believed just by Monk, had good touching scenes with Monk. Even the maids, hotel manager and red-herring security broker  were OK.
    3. Mr. Monk and the 12th man (season #2) -- I guess I liked it so much because of the funny Chinese dry cleaning lady, Ms. Ling. Funny the way she argued with Monk --even charged him more than the other customers because he was so fussy. She even preferred Monk over the murderer as a customer even after she knew he was the murderer!

The Las Vegas ep. was good; so was the recent Monk Meets His Dad -- very touching, yet not heavy-handed -- actually quite realistic. I forget a lot of the episodes.

I agree with a poster above who said he was tired of all this Trudy stuff. I'd like to add that I enjoy Monk's OCD fussiness and wanting things even, etc., but I am tired of his prolongated health-germ qualms; it gets embarrassing and stupid after a while.

BekkaLass

[26]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 16
    Mr. Monk and The Kid..this one was so sweet and Monk knew he couldn't keep the child even though he really loved the kid.

prankster_33

[27]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    Mine is Mr.Monk can't see a thing

kstaley

[29]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 12

I forget what episode it was but I like the part where he was on the boat trynna look for clues or whatever and the boat took off with him in it... blah blah blah, anyway, my fav part was when he went in the water trynna swim and a toilet seat was in the water and he noticed what it was and threw it back... priceless moment...

pgsuperfan

[30]Jan 1, 2007
    kstaley wrote:

I forget what episode it was but I like the part where he was on the boat trynna look for clues or whatever and the boat took off with him in it... blah blah blah, anyway, my fav part was when he went in the water trynna swim and a toilet seat was in the water and he noticed what it was and threw it back... priceless moment...

They are all good I liked when they were making a movie  whew !!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol
    Edited on 01/01/2007 8:37am

BTRAV

[31]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 27
    I like Mr. Monk and the Kid because it was cute. There are other episodes I like that are really funny or have funny parts to them, but this one's my favorite.

ChzTVStarr16

[32]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    A lot actually... but one of my favorites is the one Christmas episode and the officer died from the poison wine or whatever it was.

ixmattxi

[33]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    Sleeping Suspect. It had a great mystery, many moments of humor, and a great internal struggle for Monk with the possibility of Sharona leaving. Goes to School is a close runner up.

J-ni11

[34]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 11

Mr. monk and the garbage strike hands down.

Seeing monk paralysed from the stink was hilarious it was like the apocalypse to him, almost driving him insane. Also him being wrong was a cool first. I like how in the end stotylemyer helped monk to solve the case.

BTRAV

[36]Jan 8, 2007
    Yeah that was great. It was one of the Monk-goes-nuts-type episodes that Tony Shaloub likes.

pgsuperfan

[37]Jan 15, 2007
    kstaley wrote:

That one was on last Friday is one of the best along with the one where they make a movie "WHEW" LOL LOL

mtbakerrooneys

[38]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    Mr monk and the actor but there are others that are great too

BTRAV

[39]Jan 18, 2007
    My brother absolutely loves this show now. His favorite episodes involve getting drunk though, namely Mr. Monk Gets Drunk and Mr. Monk Goes to Vegas. His favorite characters are Monk and Stottlemeyer.

MIZPURFIK

[40]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 3

I have two. My first is Mr. Monk and the Very, Very Old Man. He is just hilarious in this episode. I mean between his interaction with Stottlemeyer living in his prestine house and his over the top reaction to the loose snake, complete with the list of his phobia's in order. I love when he says "Snakes trumps heights, snakes trumps heights." That's too funny. The second one is Mr. Monk goes to Mexico. When he comes in after they tell both him and Sharona he's dead and he says "That cop says I'm dead. Am I dead?" Sharona says, "No" and he says " I didn't think so". That's Classic Monk