Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Favorite episode of Monk?

Every1luvsme

[61]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    my favorite episode is a tie b/t Mr. Monk and the Rapper and Mr. Monk can't see a thing. Thepart where he thinks he up in the air on the beam is hilarious.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mnmopper

[62]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    I would have to say "Mr. Monk and the Candidate". This is Monk at its conception and it allows a great mix of mystery, character dynamics, and comedy allowing everyone great screen time. It's so funny watching Monk trying to fish Trudy's keychain out of the coffin and ends up making the body salute to everyone. Also, "Mr. Monk and the Billionaire Mugger" was excellent especially because of the "Fraidy-Cop" subplot which Stottlemeyer and Disher have to deal with the annoying press over who was the cop that ran away from the scene of the crime. Then there's "Mr. Monk Goes Back to School" with the chemistry of Tony Shaloub and Bitty Schram and their scenes are the best and "Mr. Monk Gets Married" for the same reasons. "Mr. Monk and the Very, Very Old Man" and "Mr. Monk and the Captain's Wife" are great Stottlemeyer episodes. "Mr. Monk and the Girl Who Cried Wolf" coaxes Emmy-deserving performances from Bitty Schram and Niecy Nash as Sharona and Varla. The mystery and writing are also fantastic in this episode and "Mr. Monk and the Employee of the Month" allow us to see Monk functioning in the real world and there's so many more. "Mr. Monk Goes to the Bank" and "Mr. Monk and the Captain's Marriage" (although I wish the ending was either a little happier or a second part was created to reconcile Karen and Stottlemeyer) are good Natalie years episodes along with a couple of others.

CoopNasty

[63]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    Mr. Monk Gets a New Shrink.. for sure. It was so funny throughout the entire episode, I couldn't stop laughing. When he first finds out and he goes through the five steps in like 5 minutes then starts all over again. Haha it was priceless, also him and harold in the windows stalking Kroger.

FishCalledWanda

[65]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    Mr Monk and the Very Very Old Man. A perfect blend of mystery plot, character interaction, and comedy.

aslayt01

[66]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    secret_samadhi wrote:
    Mr. Monk Gets Drunk was definitely one of my favorites, and Mr. Monk and the Blackout. I loved how no one believed Monk had seen the guy at the wine tasting place and how he got drunk on one sip of wine...haha. The blackout I loved because of the night vision goggles and when the killer's in the house and turns the lights back on, he's all like "Turn the lights back off, I'll have the advantage." I laughed so hard, partly because of how he looked, and partly because it sounded so outrageous. I agree, Mr. Monk and Mrs. Monk was sad and I loved it. The same goes for Mr. Monk and the Kid (cried my eyes out at the end of that one).
    LoL i love the black out one also its was the best one ever. i was laughing so hard that i started crying.

vinvin23

[67]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    My favourites episodes are :

Season 1 - Mr. Monk and the marathon man
    Season 2 - Mr. Monk gets married
    Season 3 - Mr. Monk VS The Cobra
    Season 4 - Mr. Monk stays in bed / goes to the office (Impossible to decide)
    Season 5 - Mr. Monk and the c lass reunion
    Season 6 - Mr. Monk and the Naked Man / is on the run (Impossible - again - to decide)
    Edited on 04/19/2008 4:22am

Antique22

[68]May 1, 2010

My favorite Monk episode would have to be Mr. Monk Stays In Bed because it reminds me of the times I get sick and I thought it was funny when Monk got a get-well card that played Polly-Wolly Doodle over and over till it got annoying. And it just so happened that the week after that Monk episode aired I too got sick as well and I felt just like Monk. My second favorite Monk episode is Mr. Monk And The Game Show because I love game shows and Monk was so funny as a contestant on the game show,

Tiki

geoellis2

[69]May 23, 2010
    • level: 38
    I have to say, the first episode I ever saw, "Mr Monk and the Paper Boy", is still fabulous, but the very best, if you count the mixture of the Monk moments, the humorous bits, and the case itself, would have to be "Mr Monk is On the Run".

Alano2591

[70]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 10

I prefer Natalie to Sharona, so i saw a few episode with Bitty Schram. But i liked the story where Monk takes a medicament which affects his personnality .

For the episodes with Natalie, i liked

Mr Monk and the other detective

Mr Monk and Halloween

Mr Monk stays in bed

Mr Monk and christmas (porto)

Mr Monk gets a new schrink

Mr Monk the butler

Mr Monk buys a new house (tough the beginning is very sad)

Mr Monk plays in chess

Mr Monk plays in lotto

Mr Monk and the boxer

Happy Birthday Mr Monk

Antique22

[71]Sep 20, 2010

My newest favorite episode of Monk is Mr. Monk Goes To The Dentist because it was so cool and so funny and when I watched it I was so shocked that Monk and me had the same toothache on the exact same tooth. Mom actually used this Monk episode to prepare me for next week's dental checkup and it really helped me and that's why it's my favorite Monk episode,

Tiki