Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Forum Guidelines

Gislef

[1]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 101
    Just a few simple rules to keep things running smooth in general and in the slow periods:

1 ) As far as I can tell from TV.com, this is a discussion board, for the Monk TV show. Games, polls, surveys, lists, etc., don't involve discussion. Trivia is marginal. There's a Games Forum I'd recommend for anyone wanting to run games. Any games posted here will probably be moved there, so if you can't find your thread, check your posting history or look there.

2 ) The best way to assure discussion is to explain why you think what you think. "What's your favorite episode?" = not so good. "What's your favorite episode and why?" = good.

3 ) There are personal blogs and sig lines for personal stuff, including fan fiction - please use those. This includes advertising and feedback on your personal stuff. If you have forum or submission questions, PM me, don't post on the forum.

4 ) General rules about flaming, trolling, advertising, etc., apply. If someone violates these rules, report them and don't argue with or engage them or tell them "I'm reporting you." That'll just get you moderated for being off-topic too.

5 ) Again, forums are discussion boards. Responses like "Yeah" and "I agree" aren't really productive or involve discussions, and are often considered disruptive.

6 ) Try to avoid excessive quoting of previous posts, as it becomes disruptive. Folks can read the threads directly above you. Usually more quoting then your actual response can be distracting and disruptive.

7 ) Obviously we don't have to worry about it for a while, but because some folks on other show forums like to compete and race to create them, I'll create all official pinned episode threads a few days before air time. Please post anything relevant in those threads or your thread will be closed.

8 ) Finally, yes, sometimes the show goes into repeats, it's the off-season, etc. That's not an excuse to get bored and try to find new off-topic stuff to post here.

Other then that, not much. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.