Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Is Randy actually competent?

TAZeisler

[1]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 1

I noticed how well Lt. Disher did in Miracle, and wonder if he's really a pretty competent cop. Is his hero-worship of the Captain in some way hampering his mad skillz? Or is working with Monk making him useless in that capacity? What do y'all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BTRAV

[2]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 27
    Maybe with the captain around being serious gives him leeway to be silly, and then when he captain wasn't around he got serious? I guess we'll never know. Now I just think of him as the guy who voiced Donatello in Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.

ilovemyDVR

[3]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Don't be mean to my little Disher! Haha. He's my favorite on the show. Regardless of how smart he is (and I think he def is smart), he always has the funniest lines and lightens the mood when cases get too serious.

But I agree... he did seem to flourish with the Captain out of the office. Maybe we'll get to see a mature side of him in the upcoming season?

New episodes start on January 9!!

geoellis2

[4]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 39
    I recently saw Monk and the TV star, from season two, and Disher was definitely smarter then than they sometimes play him lately.

ilovemyDVR

[5]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think the main reason Disher seems "dumb" is because he is the comedic relief of the show. Whenever things get to serious or Monk gets too neurotic, Disher has these great one-liners and makes me laugh.

So maybe it's more of a class clown syndrome... where people expect him to be the funny one, so he comes off more funny than smart all the time.