Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Making Monk Mean

bluejayfusion

[1]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 16

Is it me, or have they been increasingly making Monk a less than caring person? While he has always been self-centered due to his fears... it seems like recently, they take that aspect of his personality kind of far. It began when Monk accused someone of murder for being a nudist and now pops up when he turns Natalie into a slave when he's injured, or rejoicing at his childhood nemesis' wife cheating on him and going to prison, or this week quashing the children's playground idea and later insulting a woman that helped him straight to her face...

What has happened to nice Mr. Monk? Is it the loss of Dr. Kroger?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

major_csi_fan

[2]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    i havnt got that far yet but it does sound rather odd for mr monk, i wonder if it is due to loss of kroger but if so i doubt that will be explored , i doubt thr writers intended him to b that mean , i have to admit insulting a women that helped him seem wrong which one is that in ?

KingofIPirates

[3]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 32
    bluejayfusion wrote:

Is it me, or have they been increasingly making Monk a less than caring person? While he has always been self-centered due to his fears... it seems like recently, they take that aspect of his personality kind of far. It began when Monk accused someone of murder for being a nudist and now pops up when he turns Natalie into a slave when he's injured, or rejoicing at his childhood nemesis' wife cheating on him and going to prison, or this week quashing the children's playground idea and later insulting a woman that helped him straight to her face...

What has happened to nice Mr. Monk? Is it the loss of Dr. Kroger?

That's probably likely, it seems rather strange for the usually reserved Monk.

OrSoIThought

[4]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 11
    The nudity thing was actually funny and because nudists are one of his top fears, but the rest has been horrible. You're right. They've made him petty and unnecessarily selfish and mean. I'm very disappointed and if this is the direction they are taking with his character now I'm glad the show is ending.

geoellis2

[5]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 38
    His obvious love and need for Natalie shows through his mean attitude. It did the same with Sharona. I think the writers got that aspect right. He has been meaner to the suspects, though. It seemed to begin with 'Monk is On The Run'.

kikimarie593

[6]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 27
    I don't think Monk is mean at all. I find everything he does hilarious! And it's not his fault if he's sometimes unintentionally mean to some people. He has OCD and because of that he can't help it sometimes. It's not like he doesn't care about some people, because I'm sure he does, it's just that his phobias sometimes get in the way.