TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

"Monk" Finally a Great Detective Show Again...

kravitzfan12

[1]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 34

Anyone else think that for some parts of Season 6 part 1, and so far all of Season 6 part 2 that Monk has finally made the leap into a great detective show again? I am so happy, after being so upset about Season 5, (especially Mr. Monk Goes to the Farm), that Monk is finally back on the ball.

The new episodes of Monk have the perfect amount of detective work (finally the center of the show again), perfect amount of Trudy references (can't wait for the Trudy centered, two-part season finale"Mr. Monk is on the Run") and finally the writers seemed to find a balance of humor that they can still make Monk look intelligent, but still get a laugh.

Anyone else agree?

Edited on 01/20/2008 4:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gaby8529

[2]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 24
    I'm new into the Monk fandom, since I;m only seen ramdom new episodes and now catching the reruns of the early seasons, I noticed that most of the early seasons are much better. Altough the Bank episode looked good.

geoellis2

[3]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 38
    I don't think it's as consistent as it was in the first three seasons, but there have certainly been some great highlights this season ('goes to the bank', 'joins a cult', and the superb 'is up all night' spring to mind). Definitely an improvment over season five.

jwgrlrrajn

[4]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    geoellis2 wrote:
    I don't think it's as consistent as it was in the first three seasons, but there have certainly been some great highlights this season ('goes to the bank', 'joins a cult', and the superb 'is up all night' spring to mind). Definitely an improvment over season five.

I found "up all night" to be somewhat lacking in the humor department. (althoguh I did like the Randy/Captain America thing)

major_csi_fan

[5]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 4
    alot of people seem to dislike season 5 i enjoyed it alot mr monk and the class ruinion was touching as was mr monk on the air i cnt remember the name but they were some other good ones like mr monk and the actor