Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Monk Renewed for 8th & final season

ilovemyDVR

[21]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 10
    It is so bittersweet that the show is ending... but man, it is definitely going out on top. This is one show that I could watch over and over again. It's so easy to just turn on a rerun, you know? You don't need much back story.

I am mostly looking forward to finally piecing together the case on Trudy's killer, which I'm sure they will resolve before the finale.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hapat

[22]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    Yeah gonna be nice to know who killed her, as long as it's not Dale the friggin Whale I'll be happy.

tenacon

[23]Jan 16, 2009
    If it is the Whale, I will drop my rating for Monk to ZERO!

Gingersnap727

[24]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 5

I want Trudy's murder to be resolved, but lets think about this people. The writers will keep that unanswered so that they could possibly bring it back again some day. It would be nice to Monk to finally be able to put that case to bed, but I totally see them not doing that.

It will be sad for it not to be on anymore, I love the show.

garfield2710

[25]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 25
    I'm both happy and sad the show will not be showing new episodes. 8 years is a long time. 10 is a perfect number. But 8's and even number too.

imikedaman1985

[26]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 2

Things I want to see happen for the remainder of the series:

- more focus on Trudy's murder. Monk's desk began cluttered with tons of newspaper clippings, but it's been clean for years!

- eventually solving Trudy's murder, hopefully across a few episodes that all tie in to each other and ending on the final episode.

- and of course, bring back Dale the Whale! He's definitely involved in Trudy's murder somehow, since they've been working him into her mysterious case since the beginning of season 1.

- Monk NOT getting over his OCD. Seriously, it'd be nice for a show to send the message that you can't just "get over" serious mental issues like that. It makes a mockery of the people who have it for real.

- Monk making a new friend who actually stays around for the remainder of the series.

- Stottlemyer meeting someone who isn't a murderer and generally being happy with her.

- Monk getting back on the police force, maybe realizing that it's not the dream job he remembered and going back to being a consultant, or maybe... dying on the line up duty (check the last thing on my list).

- I don't want either Natalie or Monk to meet anyone new, although I wouldn't be against it for Natalie as long as there's good chemistry (Natalie's been interested in some pretty distant and one-dimensional men over the years).

- I also wouldn't be against Monk dying for real at the end of the last episode and seeing him walk off with Trudy, after having completed all that he's wanted to accomplish in his life (put lots of bad guys behind bars, solve Trudy's murder, re-join the police force, etc.). Although of course that always carries the risk of glorifying death to other people who have lost their loved ones, since in reality most people would move on and meet someone new.

Edited on 01/27/2009 6:39pm

Gingersnap727

[27]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    I dont think its a good idea to kill off Monk.

horvathgamer

[28]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 8

at least i know this show will get a proper ending (i'm a fan of kyle xy), this show has had a great run, things i would like to see before the end of the show

1. Trudy's killer brought to justice: i know this is on the top of everyones' list this is the key point to giving the show a proper ending

2. I hope dale isn't behind the whole thing, i can accept involvemnt but don't let him be the main man.

3. I would like to see natalie and monk get together. I know this is unlikely but I can picture a scenario in which trudy comes to him in a dream allowing him to move on. There have definitely been signs that there is feelings on each side in my opinion.

DonLambo

[29]Feb 24, 2009
    Teresa1643 wrote:

Season eight will start in July 2009 and conclude in the winter of 2010.

So they will drag the last season out over two years? That kinda sucks. I don't like it when they strech a season out that much. And then we'll probably get stuck with a really bad cliffhanger half way through...

Oh, and regarding the ending: I just hope they'll give it a somewhat happy ending. I really think that letting Monk die (i. e. getting killed) would not fit in the series overall image. I would like if he finally gets the chance to get some closure about Trudy's death (although I really don't like the word closure...).

At least now they have a whole season in front of them of which they know it'll be the last. That makes for a good chance to give this great series a proper ending.

Edited on 02/24/2009 11:47am

hapat

[30]Feb 24, 2009
    That's bs, they haven't confirmed anything yet. Plus it won't be a year, just the normal break they have always had, if they decide to go with that. But they are thinking about just airing it all the way through too.

im52xmax

[32]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    SassyEmt wrote:
    This makes me sad, what happened to shows that lasted to the 10 yr mark? __I thought we had at least till then, I don't get it.__ Monk is a decent, family show, sometimes Randy cussed too much but decent enough that I watched it with my 10 yr old son. __It seems like they take off the good shows and replace them with shows that are nothing but sex and whatnot. __I think this show could have gone on indefinitely, at least I could have watched it indefinitely without ever getting sick of it. __I really hope that it ends happy and Monk finds out who murdered Trudy. __I don't know if that will make him happy, but that is what I would like to see, Monk happy.

yeah, a decent family show

if it wasn't for that little murder thing

major_csi_fan

[33]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 4
    i think so long as monk solves trudys murder and dale the whal isnt the main man i am happy it is ok for his invovlment (no surpise) , and that monk joinsthe force again , also i dnmt want him to get over his ocd by the end since it makes him part of who he is

iskabibble07

[34]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    I don't think they will kill off Monk because leaving him basically who he is leaves the door open for a Monk movie or whatever. I think the potential of Natalie replacing Trudy and the two of them ending up together is pretty good and not a bad way to wrap things up. I know we will see Tony in lots of movies in the future. I wish there was another format where we could continue to enjoy the other performers after the Monk season wraps.

stu1969uk

[35]May 9, 2009
    • level: 1

I'll miss Monk, but all good things must come to an end, and I'd hate to see it three or four years down the line in Season 11 or 12 re-doing old stories and looking tired. Still one more Season to look forward to then it's back to the DVD's.

sokay39

[36]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 2

I am not happy. I am not in the least bit happy. This is one of the best shows on TV and they're ending it. WHY? They could go ahead and find Trudy's killer AND continue the show... Tons of possibilities. But ending it??? Gawd!!!

hapat

[37]Aug 12, 2009
    I don't want it to end, but it needs to end. although still good, some episodes are very good, but they are just seeming to get a little less creative as of late, plus a little more over violent then they used too. I'd still watch another 10 seasons but I think it's good it's ending, before Monk thinks he's Jack Bauer or something.