Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Monk's relationship with Natalie

LuvFry

[1]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    As I watch the show, I start to wonder: are they trying to set Monk up with Natalie? She is somewhat similar to his wife: she's blond, pretty, and she's nice. I don't think that monk is the type of person to remarry, at least not until he finds out who killed Trudy, and why, and puts them behind bars. Should they try to set Monk up with Natalie? I think the only way this could happen is if Trudy tells him to do it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

geoellis2

[2]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 38
    I got the impression that Natalie was about to start something with Monk's brother, Ambrose. There were some hints last season, but we will see what the writers have in store for this summer.

paco_toonfreak3

[3]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    LuvFry wrote:
    As I watch the show, I start to wonder: are they trying to set Monk up with Natalie? She is somewhat similar to his wife: she's blond, pretty, and she's nice. I don't think that monk is the type of person to remarry, at least not until he finds out who killed Trudy, and why, and puts them behind bars. Should they try to set Monk up with Natalie? I think the only way this could happen is if Trudy tells him to do it.

It might just be me, but I'm not getting any hints about the writers pushing Monk and Natalie together.

Carnego

[4]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 8
    You're insane why would they do that, do you know what that could do to the show. I wonder what your family would think, I mean think of the family Monk would have, it is kind of scary.

neishababee

[5]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 9

geoellis2 wrote:
    I got the impression that Natalie was about to start something with Monk's brother, Ambrose. There were some hints last season, but we will see what the writers have in store for this summer.

she was just going out with ambrose to be nice. and to get him outside.

jena911

[6]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 35

never gonna happen

their friends but that doesn't mean they love each other

ha-Y-n1

[7]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    monk will never let go of trudy.

tclphz

[8]Jul 18, 2006
    i disagree, i think the show will end with monk letting go of trudy and moving on with his life. i always thought that they steered the assistant/monk together with very small steps. now i dunno if they get together but i feel like theres a reason why it feels like a family atmosphere with julie/benji.

as for ambrose, hes never mentioned again really and hes not really a regular on the show. i don't think he'll be a factor in natalie's life or the show

Monk4807

[9]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    I don't think they're setting Monk up with Natalie...if anything the Natalie for Sherona substitute has made Monk more independent...

Natalie still refers to the guy as Mr. Monk, refusing to call him by his first name as Sherona did....how could they be together when they're both not even on a first name basis?  No way is anything going to happen between them.  I've found their relationship is much more distant than Monk's with Sherona..

That said, I do see Monk finally getting justice for the murder of trudy, and somewhat moving on with his life.  I'm not sure if that moving on involves another woman...and definitely not Natalie..

cherrypie12291

[10]Jul 19, 2006
    This may just be me, but doesn't it seem like they are hinting a relationship between Natalie and Randy? On some episodes they seem to be flirtatious with each other...maybe it's just me though.

chuckandbob

[11]Jul 31, 2006
    This is my first post, but I do think the writers are slowly building the chemistry between Adrien and Natalie. That being said, if they ever do put them together romantically, it won't happen until the very end of the series, ala Mulder and Scully at the end of 'The X-Files'. Everybody who ever saw 'Moonlighting' knows that the show went downhill rapidly after Dave and Maddy got together. My guess, the finale will be Monk finally solving Trudy's murder and catching the bad guy, giving him the closure he needs and allowing him to move on.

alex20020712

[12]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 7
    chuckandbob wrote:
    This is my first post, but I do think the writers are slowly building the chemistry between Adrien and Natalie.

I think the writers are doing no such thing. They even stopped making Monk better.

Monk and Natalie's relationship is growing as an employer and an assistant, naturally. Just because they are becoming more comfortable with each other (if that is possible for Monk).

There is zero romance between those two, and this is just fine with me. Traylor Howard even described her character's relationship with Monk as a "doting daughter." A romance is just about the last thing I want to see between them.

2monkish

[13]Jul 31, 2006
    I got that feeling also for a while there (that the writer's were moving Natalie & Monk towards each other a tiny bit) but haven't picked up any of that on the most recent couple of episodes. To me he seems more distant to her emotionally if anything, lately.

I'd like to see Natalie meet a nice guy and remarry, and still work for Monk. I'd like to see him meet someone different than Trudy on the outside, with similar qualities inside, after he solves Trudy's murder, and maybe, in small steps, find new happiness. I think a final last scene (hopefully in the far future) might be him having a last private graveside chat with Trudy while new woman waits in distance, and then walk to the new woman and take her hand......sigh.....how romantic that would be......

MrsHouse101

[14]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 11
    I see Monk walking away knowing who did it going to her grave and leaving with Natalie, Stottlemyer, Randy, and a new lady who looks a little like Trudy and also sweet and kind than going off into the sunset!!

Libaax

[15]Aug 2, 2006

I would like if Monk has a girlfriend for a while, i mean they guy is too lonely. The ep where he wanted to ask out the woman he liked in junior high school but the same guy took her again that made me so sad for Monk.

There must a woman who would think he is interesting, i mean who woulndt.
    Edited on 08/02/2006 5:53am

pgsuperfan

[16]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 25
    MONK will always love Trudy

LuvFry

[17]Aug 2, 2006
    Yeah! People actually participated in my disscussion! Towards the beginning I thought that perhaps they were leading towards Monk and Natalie as an item, but lately, I don't see it. I agree with whoever said that Randy and Natalie have good chemistry. A date between them would make for a pretty kooky episode!

witchykitty

[18]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think Natalie and Monk would make an odd couple. Monk needs someone a little more cerebral. But Monk won't be getting a girlfriend until after Trudy's murder is solved, and then that will prolly be the end of the show.

agiftandacurse

[19]Aug 31, 2006
    I personally would like to see Monk and Natalie end up together. She's the only person I could believe he would feel comfortable enough to fall in love with. I think it will progress very slowly though which would make it sweet. It wouldn't happen till Trudy's murder was solved so he wouldn't feel the guilt. Maybe Trudy's spirit would tell him its time to move on with his life. I think it would be a nice way to end the series. I'm hoping the show ends this way (but hoping the show does not end for quite a long time at least 2 to 3 more seasons.) Let this Adrian Natalie thing progress Sloowwllyy. I don't think they should add Natalie's pregnancy into the show, just hide it for the season. They always hide pregnancies on shows. Elaine was pregnant for two seasons of Seinfeld, It doesn't need to be added to the show that would be a bad move.

chuckandbob

[20]Sep 13, 2006

agiftandacurse wrote:
    I personally would like to see Monk and Natalie end up together. She's the only person I could believe he would feel comfortable enough to fall in love with. I think it will progress very slowly though which would make it sweet. It wouldn't happen till Trudy's murder was solved so he wouldn't feel the guilt. Maybe Trudy's spirit would tell him its time to move on with his life. I think it would be a nice way to end the series. I'm hoping the show ends this way (but hoping the show does not end for quite a long time at least 2 to 3 more seasons.) Let this Adrian Natalie thing progress Sloowwllyy. I don't think they should add Natalie's pregnancy into the show, just hide it for the season. They always hide pregnancies on shows. Elaine was pregnant for two seasons of Seinfeld, It doesn't need to be added to the show that would be a bad move.

Fortunately, it appears that they won't include Traylor's pregnancy in the show. They should just do more of those scenes where you see the back of Natalie's head while Monk is having another weird moment, aka the scene with Monk blowing his whistle and the bird calling back in "Mr. Monk and the Big Game". I'd be willing to bet that she and the other members of the cast are cracking up whenever they do that shot. I don't think Sharona could ever have been romantically involved with Monk, but I can definitely see Natalie doing it. It would be a great way to end the series, but only after he solves Trudy's murder.