Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Monk's relationship with Natalie

agiftandacurse

[21]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    chuckandbob wrote:

agiftandacurse wrote:
    I personally would like to see Monk and Natalie end up together. She's the only person I could believe he would feel comfortable enough to fall in love with. I think it will progress very slowly though which would make it sweet. It wouldn't happen till Trudy's murder was solved so he wouldn't feel the guilt. Maybe Trudy's spirit would tell him its time to move on with his life. I think it would be a nice way to end the series. I'm hoping the show ends this way (but hoping the show does not end for quite a long time at least 2 to 3 more seasons.) Let this Adrian Natalie thing progress Sloowwllyy. I don't think they should add Natalie's pregnancy into the show, just hide it for the season. They always hide pregnancies on shows. Elaine was pregnant for two seasons of Seinfeld, It doesn't need to be added to the show that would be a bad move.

Fortunately, it appears that they won't include Traylor's pregnancy in the show. They should just do more of those scenes where you see the back of Natalie's head while Monk is having another weird moment, aka the scene with Monk blowing his whistle and the bird calling back in "Mr. Monk and the Big Game". I'd be willing to bet that she and the other members of the cast are cracking up whenever they do that shot. I don't think Sharona could ever have been romantically involved with Monk, but I can definitely see Natalie doing it. It would be a great way to end the series, but only after he solves Trudy's murder. 

I would love to see when the show does end, Monk and Natalie together
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agiftandacurse

[22]Sep 13, 2006
    chuckandbob wrote:

agiftandacurse wrote:
    I personally would like to see Monk and Natalie end up together. She's the only person I could believe he would feel comfortable enough to fall in love with. I think it will progress very slowly though which would make it sweet. It wouldn't happen till Trudy's murder was solved so he wouldn't feel the guilt. Maybe Trudy's spirit would tell him its time to move on with his life. I think it would be a nice way to end the series. I'm hoping the show ends this way (but hoping the show does not end for quite a long time at least 2 to 3 more seasons.) Let this Adrian Natalie thing progress Sloowwllyy. I don't think they should add Natalie's pregnancy into the show, just hide it for the season. They always hide pregnancies on shows. Elaine was pregnant for two seasons of Seinfeld, It doesn't need to be added to the show that would be a bad move.

Fortunately, it appears that they won't include Traylor's pregnancy in the show. They should just do more of those scenes where you see the back of Natalie's head while Monk is having another weird moment, aka the scene with Monk blowing his whistle and the bird calling back in "Mr. Monk and the Big Game". I'd be willing to bet that she and the other members of the cast are cracking up whenever they do that shot. I don't think Sharona could ever have been romantically involved with Monk, but I can definitely see Natalie doing it. It would be a great way to end the series, but only after he solves Trudy's murder. 

I would love to see when the show does end, Monk and Natalie together.

BradvsSheldon

[23]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 31
    It's a two edged sword. Half of the fans say yes, the other half says no! Unfortunately, both halves can only hope for their side to win while respecting the other half.

Personally, I'm for Natalie and Monk to be together...if you've ever seen my fan video for it!! But I completely understand why some fans would say "no". I see hints that the writers have possibly thrown in (or maybe I'm just out of context-please don't throw tomatoes at me if I am)...but things like you see in Mr. Monk and the Class Reunion. Monk sees the man with his new family, and as it fades back to Monk, Natalie comes up beside him. Of course this can be friendship, but I think it could lead to a little more.

chuckandbob

[24]Sep 15, 2006

BradvsSheldon wrote:
    It's a two edged sword. Half of the fans say yes, the other half says no! Unfortunately, both halves can only hope for their side to win while respecting the other half. Personally, I'm for Natalie and Monk to be together...if you've ever seen my fan video for it!! But I completely understand why some fans would say "no". I see hints that the writers have possibly thrown in (or maybe I'm just out of context-please don't throw tomatoes at me if I am)...but things like you see in Mr. Monk and the Class Reunion. Monk sees the man with his new family, and as it fades back to Monk, Natalie comes up beside him. Of course this can be friendship, but I think it could lead to a little more.

The same thing happened with the "X-Files". Half the fans were shippers, and half wanted more Cigarette Smoking Man conspiracies. In the end, they both got what they wanted. I could see "Monk" doing the same thing, because half the fans want Monk and Nats to get together, and half want better mysteries. In the finale, hopefully not anytime soon, he'll solve Trudy's murder with good old detective techniques and then run off with Natalie and Julie.

casualviewer

[25]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 2
    A quick peek at message boards for other shows and it seems like the hot topics are usually about "getting someone together with someone" or "how getting someone together with someone will ruin the show." I think it is just human nature to want to play matchmaker (with TV characters and real life). And it’s true sometimes when getting two characters together that the “sexual tension” is broken and can never be recaptured. But Natalie and Monk’s relationship is not based on that. There is no sexual tension to break. I see more of a mental and emotional bond between them than a physical attraction. I think Natalie and Monk are a good match. Natalie is a lot like Trudy in the way she deals with Monk. She is proud, supportive, encouraging, sympathetic, and understanding. He said she reminds him of Trudy and I think he has been "getting better" in some ways because of Natalie. Monk finding a new relationship doesn't mean he has to abandon Trudy. And I wouldn’t want him to. His love and devotion to Trudy is part of what makes him who he is. Natalie would never expect him to not love Trudy. She wouldn’t be bothered by him having pictures of Trudy everywhere, wearing her watch, the crocked coffee table, etc., in fact, I think she would encourage it because she has the same type of relationship with Mitch. Monk and Natalie understand each other in ways that only two people who have experienced the same type of grief.

BradvsSheldon

[26]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 31

casualviewer wrote:
    A quick peek at message boards for other shows and it seems like the hot topics are usually about "getting someone together with someone" or "how getting someone together with someone will ruin the show." I think it is just human nature to want to play matchmaker (with TV characters and real life). And it’s true sometimes when getting two characters together that the “sexual tension” is broken and can never be recaptured. But Natalie and Monk’s relationship is not based on that. There is no sexual tension to break. I see more of a mental and emotional bond between them than a physical attraction. I think Natalie and Monk are a good match. Natalie is a lot like Trudy in the way she deals with Monk. She is proud, supportive, encouraging, sympathetic, and understanding. He said she reminds him of Trudy and I think he has been "getting better" in some ways because of Natalie. Monk finding a new relationship doesn't mean he has to abandon Trudy. And I wouldn’t want him to. His love and devotion to Trudy is part of what makes him who he is. Natalie would never expect him to not love Trudy. She wouldn’t be bothered by him having pictures of Trudy everywhere, wearing her watch, the crocked coffee table, etc., in fact, I think she would encourage it because she has the same type of relationship with Mitch. Monk and Natalie understand each other in ways that only two people who have experienced the same type of grief.

I believe you have summed up their relationship better than anyone else. You're absolutely right! Relationships are way more than just "sexual tension". For them to survive, they have to be founded on so much more. For example, Trudy loved Adrian for him. It was innocent, beautiful, and it lasted until her death. But now there's Natalie, who clearly cares for Adrian-even if not romantically just quite yet. Your explanation of them sharing the same grief is explicitly referenced to at the very end of the episode "Mr. and Mrs. Monk" when Natalie says she understands that kind of hurt.

Edited on 09/20/2006 12:35pm

nataliemonkfan

[27]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    BradvsSheldon wrote:

casualviewer wrote:

I believe you have summed up their relationship better than anyone else. You're absolutely right! Relationships are way more than just "sexual tension". For them to survive, they have to be founded on so much more. For example, Trudy loved Adrian for him. It was innocent, beautiful, and it lasted until her death. But now there's Natalie, who clearly cares for Adrian-even if not romantically just quite yet. Your explanation of them sharing the same grief is explicitly referenced to at the very end of the episode "Mr. and Mrs. Monk" when Natalie says she understands that kind of hurt.

I agree with you guys,I would love to see Monk and Natalie together. I really hope the show keeps going in that direction. (hope the writers read this)

alex455

[28]Oct 24, 2006

BradvsSheldon wrote:
    It's a two edged sword. Half of the fans say yes, the other half says no! Unfortunately, both halves can only hope for their side to win while respecting the other half. Personally, I'm for Natalie and Monk to be together...if you've ever seen my fan video for it!! But I completely understand why some fans would say "no". I see hints that the writers have possibly thrown in (or maybe I'm just out of context-please don't throw tomatoes at me if I am)...but things like you see in Mr. Monk and the Class Reunion. Monk sees the man with his new family, and as it fades back to Monk, Natalie comes up beside him. Of course this can be friendship, but I think it could lead to a little more.

Yeah, much more...I just would like to see Monk fall in love...

By the way...I'm new on board. So for everyones infromation, I come from Chorzów, Poland and my real name is Agnieszka but you can name me Alex,...I like that name very..if I do some mistakes or alot...don't be thinking (who she is?) or something? Ok...great...so if you want know me much well you have to go to the official Monk board...

halstein

[29]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 16
    I do believe that the show is setting up Natalie for some sort of a relationship.She will never be a replacement for Trudy,(Monk would never allow it.)but she is so accepting and nurturing to his character that I believe a true emotional relationship is a distinct possibility.

bukabuda

[30]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 10
    nataliemonkfan wrote:
    BradvsSheldon wrote:

casualviewer wrote:

I agree with you guys,I would love to see Monk and Natalie together. I really hope the show keeps going in that direction. (hope the writers read this)

I agree with all you guys. Natalie and Monk should get together. There's been hints throughout the last season that they do care for each other as more than just friends I just don't remember the titles.(I'm not like the rest of you, I don't remember all the episode names. I'm more of a Gatehead, ask me anything about Stargate and I know it, but not so much Monk, although I do love the show)

You can tell Natalie cares for Monk by the way they deal with each other, and about the thing mentioned earlier about her still referring to him as Mr.Monk, he's still her employer, it's a sign of respect, it doesn't mean she doesn't love him. And in Mr. Monk and the Astronaut, the part in the end where Julie gave Monk the homemade medal, the look on Natalie's face, priceless, and then in the episode where Natalie and Julie give Monk a trophy for every case he's solved, that was so thoughtful, and showed they really care about how Monk feels. I hope they get together in the end after Monk finally solves Trudy's case, that would be the perfect ending to a great show. Besides, Monk and Julie already get along fairly well, and you can tell he's starting to treat her as more of a daughter. But hey, I'm a hopeless romantic, and a huge shipper, I just love, love.*sighs dreamily*

LiLi623

[31]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 3
    i'm not sure if i would want to see Nat and monk together. i mean, emotionally i think their characters have a great bond. however, it will be very hard for monk to see pass Trudy. i think, it would be great for him to solve Trudy's murder and move on while still having great memories of his time with her, however i'm not sure if moving on with Natalie would be a good ending.

bukabuda

[32]Oct 27, 2006
    The best start to a good romantic relationship is first having a good friendship. And they are starting to build that great friendship, so I think it would be great for them to get together. And no one expects him to forget about Trudy, she was the love of his life, and Natalie understands that because she also lost her spouse, and Monk wouldn't expect her to just forget about him, just like she wouldn't expect him to forget about Trudy. But dwelling on Trudy the rest of his life is not good for his health or his condition.

igf-22

[33]Oct 27, 2006
    Monk and natalie's relationship?? you must be kidding!  Natalie and Monk does not have much of a realtionship except as a boss/employee. I don't see friendship between the two. IMO, it is a very formal relationship.
    Natalie is bad enough as it is without adding insult to injury and that includes she and Monk getting romantically involved and/or  showing her pregnancy. Less of Natalie is more.

xbrittanysmithx

[34]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    i dont really want them to get together, it would be akward i think. i think randy and natalie would be good though

bukabuda

[35]Oct 28, 2006
    Dang...Someone forgot to take their chill pill this morning!(igf-22) Monk and Natalie are friends, and if you think they're not, you're the one who's dense. And Traylor Howard is an amazing actor, and her character Natlaie is much better for Monk than Sharona ever was. And she does have both a professional and romantic relationship with him to some degree. And somehow I don't see her with Randy, he's to immature for her. He's more like a little brother.

igf-22

[36]Oct 28, 2006
    I find it laughable that you think Traylor is an amazing actor. It is anything but true. If she was indeed, there would not have been so much complaining about her.  Natalie is not good for Monk either because she fakes being caring and nice and babbies him. Sharona treated him like a normal person and that was much better for him.

I do believe most of the posters who are posting these remarks are just trying to give the producers of the show a positive feedback about Traylor and are related to her in some way.  Many pro-Natalie's posters are newbies who joined just to support her.  Natalie has not developed as a character at all....and you call this amazing acting??!!!

Tami-H

[37]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 5

I'm all for "Everyone's entitled to their opinion", but I think posters who registered his or her screenname on 10/22/06 and only posts about one particular topic should stick with posting his or her opinions about the show and its cast and leave unfounded opinions and speculation on other posters' alleged motives and actions out of it.

igf-22 wrote:
    Many pro-Natalie's posters are newbies who joined just to support her.

igf-22

[38]Oct 28, 2006
    [QUOTE="Tami-H"]

I'm all for "Everyone's entitled to their opinion", but I think posters who registered his or her screenname on 10/22/06 and only posts about one particular topic should stick with posting his or her opinions about the show and its cast and leave unfounded opinions and speculation on other posters' alleged motives and actions out of it.

igf-22 wrote:
    Many pro-Natalie's posters are newbies who joined just to support her.

i did say it was my opinion. I am allowed to speculate , rave and rant. It is a part of the reason people post on opinion boards. If it is all about positive opinions, we might as well keep the mantra to ourselves.  Also you guys should chill out and not try to find something wrong with any anti_natalie post like stating facts versus opinions. it is understood it is an opinion board unless otherwise stated. as for opinions being founded, how often is that true really? We usually state our feelings about a particular show or actor. Please do not pick on something which is not even there to begin with.

bukabuda

[39]Oct 29, 2006
    I think the fact that you think that the fact that I think Traylor an amazing actor laughable, is laughable. And no I don't care if that confused you. Sharona was not better for Monk than Natalie. Sharona only cared about herself. I wouldn't even think about buying the first 3 seasons simply because she's in them. And Natalie does not baby Monk. She's the one pushing him to take cases he doesn't want to because some phobia or another that he has. This has improved his condition to far better than when Sharona was there. And showing a caring attitude toward someone is not babying them. So go ahead insult me for defending Natalie, like I care. You could probably find a better way to spend your time than insulting Monk/Natalie lovers.

bukabuda

[40]Oct 29, 2006

igf-22 wrote:
    I find it laughable that you think Traylor is an amazing actor. It is anything but true. If she was indeed, there would not have been so much complaining about her.  Natalie is not good for Monk either because she fakes being caring and nice and babbies him. Sharona treated him like a normal person and that was much better for him.

I do believe most of the posters who are posting these remarks are just trying to give the producers of the show a positive feedback about Traylor and are related to her in some way.  Many pro-Natalie's posters are newbies who joined just to support her.  Natalie has not developed as a character at all....and you call this amazing acting??!!!

And I forgot to post earlier, but I'm not a newbie. And I did not join just to support her, I joined to support all my favorite shows and actors. And you have a lot of gall calling me a newbie when I've been here a heck of a lot longer than you.

P.S: and no I'm not realted to her. Duh!