Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Monk's romances.

sheep233

[1]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 22

There are some characters that were ladies that Monk liked that i don't think show up anymore. This is besides the woman in the most recent episode. Like the woman in mr. monk and the other woman, what happened to her? I saw the episode, but I forget what happened at the end. And also in mr. monk and the blackout, anybody know what happened to that lady?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TVISMYHOBBY

[2]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    In Mr. Monk and the Blackout, Mr. Monk and the lady went on a date to a restaurant which was on the top floor of a skyscraper, Mr. Monk did not want to ride the elevator to the top so the lady and Monk took the stairs to the top, when they finally got there the reservations had long expired and the lady left.

naldro

[3]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 30
    sheep233 wrote:

There are some characters that were ladies that Monk liked that i don't think show up anymore. This is besides the woman in the most recent episode. Like the woman in mr. monk and the other woman, what happened to her? I saw the episode, but I forget what happened at the end. And also in mr. monk and the blackout, anybody know what happened to that lady?

The woman in Monk and the other woman had a husband who was schizophrenic and confined in a hospital out of the country. In the end, she went to see him but not after kissing Monk who surprisingly chose not to wipe it off. And the woman from MOnk and the Blackout was turned off by what happened in the restaurant but Monk saw her in the end and gave her flowers and she said that next time they'll find a place that's not on a top floor.

sheep233

[4]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 22
    Thanks, but do you know if any one of them appeared in later episodes?

kanniballl

[5]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 18

I'm pretty sure they haven't appeared since, though maybe they were mentioned in a throw-away line? I'll admit his reaction this time was a little stronger.

It's pretty common on TV, the main character will hit it off with the story's guest star (not necessarily a celebrity guest star). Sometimes they'll end the episode with them dating, being an item, or even knocking boots and they're never seen or heard of again. The cycle usually starts over again 1 or 2 episodes later.

The only times the formula breaks is when a character was so popular among viewers that the show decided to bring them back again, or the writers decide to visit a familiar setting/storyline and thus the characters is back.

In the case of Monk one of the girls went back to their husbands after realizing how much she loved him, so I doubt she'd ever come back as a love interest. And while the Power Company girl ended her scene with a "maybe next time" I doubt we'll see her again.

In any case, we need to revisit the Trudy storyline. Come one, find the "judge" and move on.

Edited on 08/25/2008 11:59am