Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Natalie and Randy were so cute!

mikaporcuna

[1]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 2
    At the end of todays episode Mr Monk and his Masterpiece Natalie was trying to burn the ugly painting of her into the fire,but it was the only evidence.Randy had to pick Natalie up and it was so cute and funny.Also in the episode before this one Randy has had more dialogues with Natalie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CoolUserName

[2]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 7

I've noticed that, too. In the Three Julies episode he's eating ice cream at her house while watching the place, and they seemed very comfortable just hanging out and chatting. And in the episode before that (Goes to the Bank) Natalie actually jumps on Randy while he's trying his living statue thing. They certainly have a comfort level with one another to the point where Natalie has been literally dangling off Randy in two of the past three episodes!

Of course I thought Natalie had a thing for Monk based on the Bank episode, but maybe not.

Edited on 02/08/2008 11:47am

mikaporcuna

[3]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    CoolUserName wrote:

I've noticed that, too. In the Three Julies episode he's eating ice cream at her house while watching the place, and they seemed very comfortable just hanging out and chatting. And in the episode before that (Goes to the Bank) Natalie actually jumps on Randy while he's trying his living statue thing. They certainly have a comfort level with one another to the point where Natalie has been literally dangling off Randy in two of the past three episodes!

Of course I thought Natalie had a thing for Monk based on the Bank episode, but maybe not.

I wouldnt want Monk and Natalie to be together because it WILL be so awkward.

Glad someonelse noticed!

iskabibble07

[4]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 13
    Natalie and Randy seem to have like a brother sister relationship. I think Randy has a bit of a crush on her but who doesnt? I think they will not develop any romance for Natalie because that would distract from her primary role as Monk's significant other.

TheAgency

[5]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 9
    It would be cool, but not likely.

Jedison83

[6]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 1

It's good character development.

Natalie is the (pardon the expression) "straight man." The audience can relate to her the most. She isn't a cop or a nurse. She has the fewest "quirks" and of course, since she replace Sharon, she has become part of the family and has her own quirks. It seemed that when she started she was the "straight man" for Monk's antics like Sharona, where Stottlemeyer IS the "straight man" for Disher. But her affection to me was best done in "Mr. Monk is on the Run part 2" when Stottlemeyer confesses that Monks alive and when she finally sees Monk alive again (complete with wipe). I don't think it's just Natalie and Randy or Natalie and Monk. I think the show has done a good job of progressing the entire cast together. By the shows end there may not be a straight man at all which to me is not a bad thing. Stottlemeyer will always be the logical mentor on the job. Disher will always be a lost child in a man's body which is also what makes him incorruptible. Natalie will sill be the voice of reason with emotions. And Monk......will always be Monk. Beloved husband and brilliant detective.

(after proof reading) Wow! I'm long-winded....and I use a lot of quotations and parentheses.

JavaJunkie4Life

[7]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 25
    i definately see natalie/randy as more of a brother and sister relationship. but i dunno, i guess its a possibility for season 7. and from what i've seen the writers are throwing bones to both natalie/monk and natalie/randy shippers. so we'll see..=]