Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: Mr. Monk and Sharona (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 102
    please direct all general and specific discussion of the 10/23/09 episode "Mr. Monk and Sharona" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BTRAV

[3]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 27
    Originally I'd heard series finale, but then it was listed as just this one. Anyway, I thought it was a good episode. First Natalie and Sharona were getting along, then they started arguing about the case and about who was taking better care of Monk, then they reconciled after Monk couldn't take it anymore and ran off. Randy goes through a lot of girlfriends - does he still have feelings for Sharona?

kravitzfan12

[4]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 34
    I thought that this was the perfect way to reintroduce Sharona. They picked up right where they left off and never missed a beat.

It just felt so good to see Sharona again. That first scene when Monk first realizes that Sharona was taking care of him was so endearing!

As for whether she'll be coming back, I don't think anybody knows! The original reports said that she signed on to do only one episode, but maybe the producers are just trying to keep a tight cover on the finale, so we might see her there. I really hope so. I just don't think the series finale would be the same without her there!

pgsuperfan

[5]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 25
    It turned out to be a good one after all, not so much the case itself but SHARONA coming back. I expected fighying between Natalie and Sharona and there was but it was great how they made up and now are friends. Not to mention Randy kissing Sharona at the end.

fullhans1

[6]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    A good episode. It was really nice to see Sharona again. Only a few things bothered me:

They made Sharona a bit too greedy. That wasn't necessary. And the Sharona/Randy relationship is too rushed. Just like the Leland/TK relationship.

chrisjen84

[7]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 7

I've watch Monk off and on since Sharona left. When I saw the previews for sharon coming back, I knew I had to watch. I so enjoyed the episode and loved how they handle Sharon being back. That hug at the end was sweet. I loved the bantering Sharona had with Randy back in the day, so I'm thrilled they're in a relationship.

Edited on 10/24/2009 3:24pm

BTRAV

[8]Oct 25, 2009
    I'm also thrilled that she's not with her ex anymore. That was a horrible way to write her out of the show when he'd already proven how much of a scumbag he was in an earlier episode. I agree the two relationships mentioned have been rushed. What's next?

tjaman

[9]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 32
    I loved seeing Sharona again. I think it's entirely possible that she'd stay back in Jersey and be a nurse. Love Monk to death, but even her worst day back there would feel like a paid vacation.

neokid0298

[10]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    fullhans1 wrote:
    A good episode. It was really nice to see Sharona again. Only a few things bothered me:

They made Sharona a bit too greedy. That wasn't necessary. And the Sharona/Randy relationship is too rushed. Just like the Leland/TK relationship.

Well this episode was supposed to air right before the finale.

Also, I love love love loved this episode. It is a marked improvement over any episode this season.

The writers still have it

JesseTehSkox

[11]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 5

I haven't read "Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants" but I'm left wondering if this episode would've worked better as a straight adaptation of that. This was decent, but disappointing.

That being said, I loved the hug in the final scene. Some terrific silent acting from Shalhoub there.

charlie_chan

[12]Oct 25, 2009
    Oh this was SUCH an enjoyable episode! I have ALWAYS missed Sharona's character SO much. She was sassy and fierce but still had her caring side. But one thing that REALLY made this episode for me was Randy. He had always had the biggest crush on Sharona and we never got to see it go anywhere since the actress suddenly left the show way back when. But that cute little kiss before he helped her into the car I nearly melted! awww!

haldrey

[13]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 22
    Loved this episode. The case itself was an easy one which served just as the vehicle to bring on the return of Sharon. I agree the the Sharon/Randy was a surprise and fast as well as the TK/Leland thing. Maybe in the finale Monk will get the guy that killed Trudy and get over it and we will have a great finale with a triple wedding. The above couples and Monk with Natalie.

JesseTehSkox

[14]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 5

I'm sorry, but....no. Monk really isn't the kind of show that needs to get involved in that whole ridiculous "let's get the two lead characters together for no reason other than their lead-character-dom" business. If Monk and Natalie hook up, that'll completely ruin the finale for me.

Not that I'm opinionated or anything...

BTRAV

[15]Oct 28, 2009
    That's an argument that is currently going on in many forums. You are not alone.

pgsuperfan

[16]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 25
    I might be wrong but didn't Randy once try to date Natalie a few seasons back ?

steveuk2010

[17]Oct 30, 2009
    Good episode hope they do/did ask her and she agrees/agreed to do the finale as not sure where abouts they are filiming or if filiming has wrapped up and it just wouldnt be feel right to end the show without here imho
    Edited on 10/30/2009 2:25pm